IGNORED

My Swing (JaNiclas)

JaNiclas
Note: This thread is 3013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 2

My current handicap index or average score is: 17

My typical ball flight is: straightish little draw

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: a pull

Hey guys,

I was working on my swing during the winter on my indoor facility.
I put in quite some work and this is the current result. I hope I will be able to bring my handicap down in the coming season with that new swing.

Most of the time I was hitting indoor into the net during winter, so I can't really say much about my misses at the moment.
Last weekend I went to the range and I was pretty satisfied with the shots, rather straight with a little draw, the miss was certainly a pull and over draw a little.

In the slow motion mode you probably can't really see it, but I need to work on my tempo and rhythm snice I am rushing through my backswing to fast.
If you guys know any good instructions, it would be nice if you could help me with that too

At the moment I don't have a front on view, but as soon as the weather gets better in Germany I will be doing some filming outdoors.

It would be awesome if you guys could have a look on it and give me some input.

Thanks guys!

Videos:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for posting @JaNiclas and welcome to the forum.

Many of us use an on-line service for instruction called Evolvr .  http://thegolfevolution.com/

We post videos of our swing and get an analysis of what to work on.  I spent a while looking for a good instructor but could not find one I liked in my area.  I met Erik Barzeski ( @iacas ) and a couple of other great instructors at a clinic in the Boston area.  After the clinic, I knew I wanted to continue with these instructors.  They had set up Evolvr to do just that.

To your video, try to get the camera lined up with your feet.  At that angle, it is easier to see the swing from down the line and the instructors and others viewing your video can see where the club is with respect to the swing plane.  Your video was a little too far to the left.

Thanks for joining the site.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Hey Scott,

Thanks a lot for your quick reply, and hello to the community as well :)

I placed the camera on the left on purpose, before I was suffering quite a lot from an early extension of the hips towards the ball, which forced my head to go up or to hump up my back quite nasty.

Keeping my hips back to the "wall" helped my to turn my hips and upper body through the ball, which was resulting in a more stable and fluent movement.

I have the feeling, that my hands are less flippy, since I am rotating better through the ball.

With that camera angle, I could focus better on that sort of problem.

Here in Germany the weather is really rainy during easter time :( so I hope I can shoot some real outdoor videos on the weekend.

A little bit about my misses, as I was only few times on the range with my "new swing" I can't really tell much, but they were definitely more to pulled to the left, wouldn't say hooking but just overdrawing then 5-10m to much. Definitely went from a push draw (which could easily end up in a pretty bad hook) to a more straighter and neutral ball flight.

From the first results I am quite happy, but I am sure there are more ways to improve!

I guess working on rhythm and speed will be the next big step towards consistency

Here in Germany the weather is really rainy during easter time :( so I hope I can shoot some real outdoor videos on the weekend.

Thanks again :)

Welcome to the site! We have a regular poster from the Netherlands, maybe you can be our regular poster from Germany! I second the evovlr recommendation. You can easily use evovlr in Germany, and your English seems good enough that you wouldn't have much, if any, of a language problem with it.

Unfortunately, it's really hard to tell much of anything from that video because of the angle. The evovlr site It looks like you've got a lot of good pieces there for sure. I'd take a look at this video about your turn in the backswing. It looks like you are more standing up than turning in the backswing if that makes sense.

That said, I would defer to the professionals on this site if they see something else more pressing.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway: Paradym :callaway: Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway: Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel: SMS Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

:aimpoint:

• Administrator

I think the EE is not your biggest problem right now.

Could you shoot video from FO and DL with proper angles?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think the EE is not your biggest problem right now.

Could you shoot video from FO and DL with proper angles?

Yes I will post some videos with proper angles when I am outside on the range the next session!

Yes I am pretty happy, I am handling that EE problem quite well right now, but it was quite some work I had to put in it!

Thanks, I will keep you guys posted ;)

Thanks you guys so far, as the weather turns better here in Germany I will be able to do some filming tomorrow.

As I was playing yesterday, I was pretty pleased with my new swing, I did strike the ball very well and straight. The result was a 84, but an 84 which felt like a round in the 70s since I was hitting greens in regulation but did not make a lot out of it, three-putting it all over the place and a short game which was almost not existing.

But that was ok, since it was the first round of the year.

My short-game and putting was rusty, fair enough, but the thing which I was working during the winter worked on the course as well.

Still some work left but to see that things improve after putting in some work is a satisfying feeling.

I will keep you posted. :-)

ok guys, here is a video from an other angle.

I am going to the range today, so I will shoot some better videos, as well  from the front on view since thats not possible at all at my place.

I don't have much of a comment, but wanted to just post a screen shot at A5 and A6 and A7 and 8.  Your not too steep at A5.  You may want more weight forward at impact and hips facing more toward target at A8.  I am working on this.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Good looking swing. My immediate impressions were:

1) Standing too close to ball and too upright.

2) This promotes a very upright/steep backswing and follow-through

3) Also means you're struggling to get your hips out the way of your arms on downswing, which causes a 'flippy' right hand through impact.

4) ALSO means you struggle to keep your left arm straight at impact. That's not necessarily a 'fault', but considering how straight you keep your left arm in backswing its clear its happening as a result of not having enough room at impact.

I guess you could solve a lot of these issues simply by standing further away from ball, having a little more forward tilt from the hips and having your arms dangling down a bit further away from your thighs. Should promote a flatter swing and provide a shallower attack angle.

EE is more of the result of what's going on with the pivot. You don't turn the hips very much on the backswing and this causes you to make some compensations on the downswing. I would watch the video @DeadMan posted and check this out.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hey guys and thanks a lot for your help.

Unfortunately I forgot to take the tripod with me to the course, but I could play another 9 holes.

So far I can say that I am pretty pleased with the quality of my shots.

Last week I noticed something on the course which Immediately improved my game, at home hitting shots into the net and in front of the camera I was focussed on the quality of my swing, in my first rounds outside, I was rushing through the shots tying to hit it hard and far and I could even feel that that swing had nothing to do with the swing from at home.

The more I could ease up my swing the more I could integrate my "in front of the net swing" which then completely improved the quality of shots.

So from that point on I was taking a club less then I would normally need and try to ease up the swing and improve the rhythm, until that new swing is ingrained and I am able to hit it harder without sacrificing the correct movements.

I shot a new down the line clip

I noticed that I am often kind of "falling over", I really don't now what it is and why it is so hard to stop it.

I guess it is a combination of a balance problem  caused by my hips not moving properly?

If you have any idea what it is and how I can stop it please, please :D

And last but not least a front on clip of my hips

I think the problem starts early in the backswing and continues through the whole swing, I am "falling over" and then everything is rotating kind of ok, in that new position (green line).

It has to be related with the backswing, or even set up, maybe more weiht on the back of my foot and then better hip movement?

But in my opinion, it can not only be the bad hip movement since I am falling over right on from the take away

in order to fix it I was working a little on my set up. I hope I am able to balance my body better with this new set up position throughout the swing.

By the way, I should get myself some new shoes :-P

Setup is definitely looking better.

Nice work.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I'd be mindful of your posture. It looks like you revert back to having to much arch in your lower back and your head to up when you are balancing.

If you want to practice balance then do so with out a club. Every day I would balance on one leg. I am not particularly fond of those sort of drills. I would rather train balance as a form of working out then the benefits would bleed into the golf swing. You can train a centered pivot with out the need of the balance equipment or a club.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Note: This thread is 3013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!