IGNORED

What clubs for the beginner

Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi,

I am a beginner and I play golf for three months and now I want to buy glf clubs. Which one will be the best:

1.Nike Vr-S Covert

2.Taylormade Rocketballz

3.Nike Vr-S

4.Taylormade Golf Clubs R11

5.Callaway Golf Clubs Diablo

6.Callaway X Hot

7.TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB

8.Nike SQ MachSpeed

9.NIKE SLINGSHOT 2010

10. TAYLORMADE BURNER SUPERFAST 3.0

11. TaylorMade Burner 2009

12. TAYLORMADE RBLADEZ

Hi

I play from 3-4 months and I want  buy  first new clubs:

1. Nike Vr-S Covert

2. Taylormade Rocketballz

3. Nike Vr-S

4.Taylormade Golf Clubs R11

5.Callaway Golf Clubs Diablo Forged

6.Callaway X Hot

7. TaylorMade Tour Preferred

8.Nike SQ MachSpeed

9.NIKE SLINGSHOT 2010

10.NIKE SLINGSHOT OSS

11.TAYLORMADE BURNER SUPERFAST 3.0

12.TaylorMade Burner 2009

13.TAYLORMADE RBLADEZ

As a beginner, take a look at the Golf Digest Hot List of clubs that comes out early each year. Look for the Hot List category of Super Game Improvement (SGI), the most user-friendly class of clubs.

From there, try out different SGI clubs and find ones that you like.

If you are taking lessons or starting a golf clinic (budget group lessons for beginners), tell your instructor you want help in finding clubs. (Lessons cost $$, but the money you will save on lost balls in year 1 will likely cover the cost of the lessons).

You can often find good used clubs that cost quite a bit less than a new set. You can look at Hot Lists from two or three years back for help.

When you find clubs you like, get a basic static fitting : This checks to make sure the lie angle and shaft length match your height and stance. Also, it checks to make sure the grips have proper thickness for your hand size.

One way to get started is to buy a boxed set of clubs. The set include a bag, and  likely has a driver, a fairway wood and hybrid, probably 5i - PW, a SW and a putter. You have everything you need to get started, and a  fitter can do a static fitting to make sure the clubs will fit you.

Above all else, look for clubs in person and test them out before you buy them. In future years, you might find a good club or two online, but you don't have enough golf background to do this as a beginner.

Let us know how things are going.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

What WUTiger said, pretty much. I am not fond of boxed sets, but like a lot of others that is what I started with. It doesn't cost much more to get individual set components that you like, but honestly for the first season, it doesn't matter much as long as it fits. You may tend to spend more time with something you like the looks of.

I think most of what you listed would be fine as long as the static fitting that WUT mentioned is appropriate--length, lie, flex, grip size.

Pick what looks good to you.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You want to start off with beginner sets, getting a professional golf set that costs $1000+ is not the best thing to do if your just getting into golf but it's your money. If you want custom fit Golf clubs that are suitable for your skill level I recommend checking out Pinemeadow Golf, or GigaGolf they both have very good products and you can customize your Shaft, Grips and Gigagolf even lets you pick individual clubs. The links are below!

http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/

http://www.gigagolf.com/index.jsp

-Josh 

"Why set yourself up for Failure, when you can set yourself up to succeed" -GolfMaineiac26

Note: This thread is 3302 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!