IGNORED

My Swing (The Golfing Polack)

The Golfing Polack
Note: This thread is 6028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Uploading a short video of my swing. The only shot I got was DTL with my 5 or 6 iron, I can't remember which. Usually I'm fighting a fade with anything over a 7 iron, and can't figure out why. Hopefully someone can see something that will help me out. I'm aware that my tempo is extremely fast, but when I try and slow it down everything gets out of whack.

That's pretty much a normal swing for me, except I'm not wearing sandals on the course.

Thanks in advance

What's in my Edge stand bag
G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

Not a bad swing at all, my tempo is similar so I'm not really concerned about that.

Your swing is too steep rather than being on plane. You are too steep at the top creating an "over the top" swing. Try and get the club more over your right shoulder at the top.

In My Bag:

Driver: Burner Driver 9.5 (UST Proforce V2 Stiff 76g)
3 Wood: Rescue TP 14.5* (Stock 75g Stiff)
2 Iron: G10 Hybrid (Ust Proforce V2 85g High Launch Stiff)Irons: X- Forged (Rifle 6.0 Shafts)Wedges: 248.06, 252.08, SM56.10, SM60.04Putter: 9 XG Ball: TP BlackBag: Ozone Stand...

another thing is your flipping your hands at impact. Try to keep your hands ahead of the ball at impact, that should produce a shot that is much more pure.

Driver: FT-3 NVS Stiff
Woods: X- 3 and 5 wood fujikura stiff
irons: X-Forged 4-PW - Flighted Project X 6.0
wedges: X-Tour (52/56/60)
putter: White Hot XG #1 ball: Pro V1/ Callaway HX Tour 56

To expand on what silliwilli said, you're going over the top. A way I learned to fix this was to put a tee in the hole at the top of the club (this is optional), and stand like the rope at the range (that designates where you can hit is) is your target line. Then, take your back swing. The tee should be pointing towards your target line.

I say, ditch the Flip-Flops

In the OGIO OZONE Bag
Driver: SuperQuad 9.5
3 Wood- V steel 15 ALDILA NV s
Irons- Hogan Apex FTX
Wedges- CG14 52 56Putter- Odyssey XG model #9Ball- Pro v 1 xShoes- Adidas Tour Metal

Like most have said, you downswing is moving from outside-in. If your clubface is open to this path, the ball will fade. This "fade" will probably be a slice with your longer clubs since the lower loft will impart less back spin and more sidespin on the ball.

The question is: what ball flight shape are you looking for, because to change the current flight, you will need to change the clubface angle relative to the swing path as well as the path itself.

The answer to your question depends on your answer to this question.

But, if you want a quick fix: rotate your hands and forearms over faster in your downswing. This may produce pulls in your shot irons, but will help to straighten out your slice in the longer clubs.

Joe McNulty

5SK™ Director of Instruction, Cape Cod, MA

Driver - D3 9.5

3-Wood - SQ 15

Hybrid - 17 Adams

4-PW - 714 AP2

50, 56 & 60 - Vokeys

Putter - Scotty

Ball - Pro V1x

I'm looking to straighten the flight of my long clubs. I'm not looking to hit a draw, and a small fade is fine by me, but the long fade/slice is killing my approach shots. I'm thinking about getting some lessons next spring with the local pro to work on my over the top/outside-in swing.

G10 10.5*
Z-Steel 3 wood 14.5* 403-AD 18* & 21* Hybrids Burner 09 4-pw DGS300 Z TP 52* & RAC TP Black 56* White Steel 2 Ball SRT 35" Tour B330s

• Administrator
You should submit your swing videos to Swing Check.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8280

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You are also rocking back on your back swing. You can see that your weight shifted to the outside of your right foot which is hard to recover from and can cause slices. You should really keep the your weight on the inside of your right foot.
In my bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad
Woods: RPM LP 3W & 5W
Irons: MX-25 4-SWPutter: Detour

I think the weight transfer problem was a result of wearing the sandals for the video. I don't usually have that problem. My slice is coming from the outside-in and over the top problem. My weight transfer is usually the only thing that's right with my swing.

G10 10.5*

There are several things that stand out in your swing. First you have a pretty good foundation to build from. The place to begin working is on your pivot. I would guess consistent ball contact might be a problem, fat or thin. Additionally, pulls and maybe slices.

Learn to properly pivot to fix the path. You will make some immediate gains in consistancy and power. After that, club face control.

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

Note: This thread is 6028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!