IGNORED

Altered Course, New Show on Golf Channel

tefunk
Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

While watching the Big Break finale tonight, I saw a commercial for a new show called, Altered Course. It looked like a cross between speed golf and a tough mudder... Very interesting. Looking forward to it come mid-June

Yeah, I'm interested too. It looked like one of those golf half-marathon competitions. I thought that was the most boring Big Break finale of all time.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

That show looks like an embarrassment to the great game of golf. And I'm not even an old school guy.

You must think Top Golf is Mickey Mouse-like.

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

I saw the preview and didn't think I'd be interested in watching it but I'll give it a shot.  I didn't mind the one episode challenge of speed golf they did in Big Break but an entire show based on it just doesn't seem like something I'd waste an hour a week watching.

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

At my age I can not compete ... but liked the concept ... certainly promotes fast play. I enjoy different ideas or variations to the game.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I saw the preview and didn't think I'd be interested in watching it but I'll give it a shot.  I didn't mind the one episode challenge of speed golf they did in Big Break but an entire show based on it just doesn't seem like something I'd waste an hour a week watching.

Yea, it'll be interesting... But could lose it's novelty pretty quick

Yea, it'll be interesting... But could lose it's novelty pretty quick

I run marathons and like to golf but I can barely hit a golf ball they way I like when all the conditions are perfect and I'm not out of breath, so I guess overall I can't relate to it.

Joe Paradiso

• 1 month later...
Just watched the first episode. What a horrible embarrassment for TGC.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

From what I've seen so far in the previews, it looks like imitation golf mixed with the usual overdone drama of reality shows.  I'll probably watch it once just to satisfy my curiosity, but I can't see becoming a regular viewer.  I can't wait until reality shows become a thing of the past, what a bunch of garbage.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Still can't believe that they cut Big Break. Didn't get to watch this show last night but might watch it once but doubt I will end up becoming a regular viewer.

Just watched the first episode. What a horrible embarrassment for TGC.....

I will take your word for it on this one.  Even the commercial looked bad (I mean bad).

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I watched it last night... Pretty boring to watch, and I don't plan to watch anymore episodes. I think it would be fun to compete in though

Saw the previews...tried to figure out what golf and cross country running had in common.  Couldn't come up with much.....never watched it and don't plan to.

Note: This thread is 3188 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!