IGNORED

Altered Course, New Show on Golf Channel

tefunk
Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How embarrassing. Where is Peter Kessler when you need him. Whats next? Windmills on the Tour? American Golf Ninja? Big Brother Beth Paige? The NBA, MLB, NHL and NFL Golf Tour?

Watching now....

this isnt golf. Why golf channel....why?

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I tried it. No go for me. Silly and pointless.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

• 4 weeks later...
Am I the only one still watching?

What's In My Bag...
Driver: Callaway Razr X Black 10.5*
FW / Hybrid: Nike T40 4W 17* / Nike CPR 24*
Irons: Callaway Razr X HL 5I-SW
Putter: Nike Method Core Putter
Balls: Nike PD Soft

I'm watching. I like it. The Frenemies were hot! I'm afraid of the bigger Serbian sister. She'd kick my a$$ (but I'd love it). :)

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

LOL! Classic. Man I tried a few episodes....just couldn't do it. I'm a certified golf fanatic but just feel this is really....golf.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

I watch because I love golf....but I want more real golf....rather watch reality show of a journey man than this

Driver: :tmade: R11S (9 degree)
Woods: :tmade: R11 3 (15.5 degree) & 5 (19 degree)
Irons: :tmade: R11 4-AW
Wedges: :tmade: ATV 54 & 60 degree
Putter: :scotty_cameron: 2012 Newport 2
Ball: :titleist: ProV1
Rangefinder: :bushnell: Tour V2

I've been watching a little because I like to watch all things golf, but it's still not working for me, my big problem with this concept is there's nothing impressive about the things they're doing outside of golf.

Actually, they seem to be very consistent shot hitters - especially considering the running.  So the 'golf' aspect is pretty good.  We saw 6 pars on a hole with a blind tee shot and approach over the top of obstacles.  I don't think any Big Break showed that skill in 6 people simultaneously.

and the course really does look pretty nice.

it's just........

it's just a REALLY horrible and boring show.  And I don't think it's something that can be developed beyond what we've already gotten.

they should just bring back Big Break, and then the resorts can buy advertising time

I'm just watching it for no reason - much like finishing a meal of tasteless food, even though I'm not really hungry......

It'll be like hitting yourself with a hammer - it feels great when it's over

Bill - 

I don't know if someone said this yet, but it's really bothering me that they are running on the greens and throwing their clubs and flag stick down on them.

• Upvote 1

Philip Kohnken, PGA
Director of Instruction, Lake Padden GC, Bellingham, WA

Srixon/Cleveland Club Fitter; PGA Modern Coach; Certified in Dr Kwon’s Golf Biomechanics Levels 1 & 2; Certified in SAM Putting; Certified in TPI

Team :srixon:!

So you're the one! ;-) Even the next episode previews they show during the week bore me to tears, and presumably those represent the height of excitement to drive viewership.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

I tried to watch this a few times, since after all it is golf like.

However I am reminded of old golf buddy of mine. When I had first started to learn the game and would be the last guy on the green I would jog to catch up with the rest of the 4some. He would yell at me in his grizzled voice "aint no running in golf!"

Now when I try to watch this show all I can hear is "aint no running in golf!"

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Just watched the first episode. What a horrible embarrassment for TGC.....

I watched two and haven't gone back. The production quality, and forced excitement / drama of the announcers was a bit off-putting. The split screen did nothing for me. Also since they were not playing a standard hole there was little ability to judge the quality of the play relative to the speed.

I saw the preview and didn't think I'd be interested in watching it but I'll give it a shot.  I didn't mind the one episode challenge of speed golf they did in Big Break but an entire show based on it just doesn't seem like something I'd waste an hour a week watching.

I like the speed golf challenges on Big Break because they are playing real golf holes, just with time pressure. I guess GC cheaped out on extra cameras to follow the action so they had to contrive special 'twists' to make it work. I think watching an actual 18 hole speed golf challenge would be cool. Maybe when drones are cheaper and one can follow a player the whole way along a hole or sequence of holes. Because of the playing through issues, I doubt speed golf will ever take hold unless courses adopt specific dedicated time windows on a course to avoid conflicts. I'd rather see this time window done for good / fast players versus newer / higher HCP players first, though.

Kevin

Note: This thread is 3187 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!