IGNORED

TM Superquad driver?

Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm looking at getting a new driver, thinking about getting the Superquad. However, I've never seen someone playing one, and I've seen about 25 Burners. So I was wondering if there is something wrong with the Superquad, and why so many more people play the Burner.

905R 10.5* Aldila NV 65
904F 15* Graphite Design YS-6+
NVG2 UT 17* Fujikura Triple Action
755 3-PW Trispec steel
52/08, 58/08 rac TP Wicked putter (model 1)

I'm not one to speak on performance but considering the average consumer just walks into a store and buys something off the rack, 1) they are both taylormade, satisfying the brand name element. 2) 100 dollars cheaper, again tying into the same brand name element.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I've hit both on the range and on the course. I liked how hot the ball came off the face of the Burner, but didn't like how the club looked or the stock shaft. It just didn't feel comfortable to me. I do NOT regret my decision going with the Superquad however. I love this driver. It has great workability if you're into that. I dont mess with the weight too often...no need unless you can really feel that small of a difference in your swing.

I love my Superquad. Looks great at address, swings smooth, and the stock shaft is even being played on tour (most are TP models though)

In The Bag:

Driver: R7 SuperQuad 460 9.5
3 Wood: G5 w/ Graffaloy Pro Launch Stiff
3-PW: MP60's Wedges: Black Pearl 52, 56, 60Putter: White Hot #4Ball: Pro V1

• 4 weeks later...
I have the SuperQuad. Bought it off ebay on a whim. Didn't really need it but i bought it. Has a Proforce V2 reg flex shaft in it.

I tried a Burner in store hitting into nets and i didn't like the shaft, not that my opinion would really count towards much but it felt totally out of control. Way too whippy and i don't swing fast at all -100mph.

I bought a Burner (but got it with a 45" shaft instead of the 45.5) and I've tried a SuperQuad in the store. The store I shop at most frequently has a TM fitting center so I was able to hit Burner, Burner TP, Superquad, and Superquad TP before making my decision. The launch monitor indicated I hit the Burner the most consistent so I took its word for it . As someone else mentioned the cheaper $100 price tag didn't hurt either. Honestly, after a few minutes with the Burner I actually liked the head better than that of the Superquad. I might get even crazier next time and go for the Callaway FT-i Tour....

In My Bag:

Driver: 9.5° FT-i LCG
3-wood: 15° X Tour
Hybrid: 18° FT HybridHybrid: 23° Baffler ProIrons: X-20 Tour 5-9Wedges: CG 12 Black Pearl 46/50/56/60Putter: 32" X3Ball: TP BlackHome Course: Blackmoor Golf Club (136/71.2)

I got the chance to swing both the Burner and Quad a couple weeks back. I was more consistent with Quad so thats what I went with. I was however able to hit the ball about 15-20 feet further with the Burner.
IN THE BAG
DRIVER 460 Super Quad 9.5 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
3 WOOD R7 Steel 15 Degree, RE*AX Stiff Shaft
IRONS R7 Steel Shaft
Wedge CG 10 Black Pearl 56 degreePutter Black Series #2 Blade 33" Ball BLACK

Both are excellent drivers. Either will serve you well, i personally do like the burner a bit more, but a Superquad First edition TP for 175 is just a killer deal....Its just a personal choice, if you like the longer looking head, and inch longer shaft, or the huge head and forgivness of the superquead.

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

Note: This thread is 6012 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!