IGNORED

2015 The Players Championship DiscussionThread

Rick Martin
Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I like his chances better than if he played Riviera. 2/15 ain't bad. I'm guessing the 15.

Well, those two times he won were 2001 and 2013 when he was playing extremely good golf. He was clicking on all cylinders. I don't know if I would say he's clicking on all cylinders right now. He's coming off a T-17 for Augusta and had a very rough practice round today, according to reports. I'm just not expecting much from him this week. I hope he does great, but I think it could be a rough week for him.

Well, those two times he won were 2001 and 2013 when he was playing extremely good golf. He was clicking on all cylinders. I don't know if I would say he's clicking on all cylinders right now. He's coming off a T-17 for Augusta and had a very rough practice round today, according to reports. I'm just not expecting much from him this week. I hope he does great, but I think it could be a rough week for him.

Just curious, do you have any link for his practice report?

Nike Covert 2.0 10.5* with Fujikura Motore F3 Stiff Flex
Nike Covert 2.0 3 Wood 15* Kuro Kage X-stiff 71g
Nike Covert 2.0 21* 3 hybrid Kuro Kage X-stiff 85g
Nike VR Pro Combo CB 4--PW
Nike VR Pro forged 50, 56, 58
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5

They showed him playing parts of least 3 holes on the front this AM and he looked loose and was hitting the ball well. Certainly didn't look like someone who had a bad day. Was goofing around for five minutes with Day on 9 green. Nothing but smiles.

Dave :-)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I caught him on the 9th tee today  - took a ton of pictures, unfortunately left my card reader home for my larger disk.   He didn't have any chips for that hole (Day did).......I did notice him showing Day a basketball shooting technique. Must have been talking NBA basketball playoffs or something. TW and Joe were also eyeballing Day's wedges.

TW was kind to stop to sign a ton of autographs after leaving 9th hole - then headed to the press conference were there were lots of cameras focused on him. I'm sure GC will have all of that.

I caught him on the 9th tee today  - took a ton of pictures, unfortunately left my card reader home for my larger disk.   He didn't have any chips for that hole (Day did).......I did notice him showing Day a basketball shooting technique. Must have been talking NBA basketball playoffs or something. TW and Joe were also eyeballing Day's wedges. TW was kind to stop to sign a ton of autographs after leaving 9th hole - then headed to the press conference were there were lots of cameras focused on him. I'm sure GC will have all of that.

Alright, alright, who hacked Rick Martin's account?

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Alright, alright, who hacked Rick Martin's account?

I was going to photoshop TW pictures and put him in front of a Perkins Jacksonville Beach.

Behind 16th....

Behind #6..

Followed Dufner for most of the 18....played w/ Charlie Hoffman and Cameron Tringale.....Dufner was nice enough to answer my question regarding Jameis Winston (I'm a Bucs season ticket holder).......

• Upvote 1

I caught him on the 9th tee today  - took a ton of pictures, unfortunately left my card reader home for my larger disk.   He didn't have any chips for that hole (Day did).......I did notice him showing Day a basketball shooting technique. Must have been talking NBA basketball playoffs or something. TW and Joe were also eyeballing Day's wedges. TW was kind to stop to sign a ton of autographs after leaving 9th hole - then headed to the press conference were there were lots of cameras focused on him. I'm sure GC will have all of that.

Day is a Cavs fan, and they're still in the playoffs (despite a loss on last night), so maybe.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3putter View Post

Just curious, do you have any link for his practice report?

On ESPN if you click the "Tiger has rusty practice round" link there's a video where they talk about his round.

Quote:
Dufner was nice enough to answer my question regarding Jameis Winston (I'm a Bucs season ticket holder).......

Ugh...I was a Bucs fan until they drafted Winston. Hate that draft pick. Next year will be the first year I won't be going to any games.

I hope he does well, too, but what I saw a few weeks ago was nothing close to what we saw from Tiger in 2013. He still has a lot of kinks to work out. He needs tournament reps. If he finishes Top-25, I'd consider it a good week. I'd be really surprised if he won, but like I said, I hope he does well. Rooting for Jordan or Rory, and if those two show up and bring their A-game Tiger would have no chance, but I do hope Tiger plays well as well.

Why does everyone think if Jordan and Rory bring there "A" game TW has no chance? This is not the 1st time this has been posted. Like I have said previously, if Tiger brings his A game , everyone else can have fun playing for 2nd place. Because his A game is still the best on earth.

Be nice to see TW back on his game, this weekend with 50 of the top world players in the field will give TW the chance to challenge the young brigade. With so many players in good form at the present time, very hard to predict a winner, but I think you get some one from the top 15 world rankings lift the trophy come Sunday. Also be nice to watch some Live@ on line.

Titleist 915 D2-10.5°, Titleist 915 F 15°, PING G25 16.5°, PING G30 Hybrid 19°
PING G25 4-W, Cleveland RTX 588 Rotex 2.0 48°/52°
Rife Bimini Island Series Putter, PING DLX Bag
Sureshot Rangefinder, PING Sensor Glove, Srixon Q star Balls.

Why does everyone think if Jordan and Rory bring there "A" game TW has no chance? This is not the 1st time this has been posted. Like I have said previously, if Tiger brings his A game , everyone else can have fun playing for 2nd place. Because his A game is still the best on earth.

LMAO!!  Tigger has no A game anymore. The best you can hope for is B+ and hope he gets a top 10

• Upvote 1

I totally disagree. This isn't the 2000 version of Tiger Woods. Rory McIlroy of 2015 is a better golfer than Tiger Woods of 2015. It's not even a contest. He schooled him pretty good on Sunday at Augusta. Heck, I'll argue that when Rory is clicking on all cylinders, he can go toe-to-toe with Tiger in his prime. Rory has all the skills Tiger had ....he just doesn't use them as consistently as Tiger did, hence why I don't think Rory will ever be known as a better player than Tiger.

Just a couple of comments: 1) World Match Play tiring Rory McIlroy - Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood in 2012 made it into the weekend's action at Dove Mountain (McIlroy finished runner up, Westwood finished 4th), flying east and contending for victory at PGA National the week after. Rory won the Honda Classic, with Lee Westwood finishing 4th. He's got previous!

2) A 5th Major Championship - I totally agree. We could do with another Major outside of the US.  China makes the most sense. Hopefully the field strength would remain as high.

Just a couple of comments: 1) World Match Play tiring Rory McIlroy - Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood in 2012 made it into the weekend's action at Dove Mountain (McIlroy finished runner up, Westwood finished 4th), flying east and contending for victory at PGA National the week after. Rory won the Honda Classic, with Lee Westwood finishing 4th. He's got previous!

2) A 5th Major Championship - I totally agree. We could do with another Major outside of the US.  China makes the most sense. Hopefully the field strength would remain as high.

Steve, you bring up a good point. Kind of Ameri-centric of us to think that a fifth major has to come out of the USA......in tennis, the majors are spread out among diffent countries (WImbledon, US Open, Austrialian, French) = GRAND SLAM.

I don't think China deserves a major until they start becoming a better world citizen (human rights) - and a lot of other things happen.  I'd like to see Aussie get it since they have a heavy influence on the tour.

----------------------------------------------------

Quick weather report from JAX:  pretty gusty winds along the beach and since the course is only a mile or less inland, could have an affect. Oh yeah, unfortunatley, temps are getting very toasty this Saturday and Sunday (mid 90s?)......thought we might be able to get through the week with being comfortable.

Greens seem very soft with some rain over the last day or two, and supposed to rain again today.

I totally disagree. This isn't the 2000 version of Tiger Woods. Rory McIlroy of 2015 is a better golfer than Tiger Woods of 2015. It's not even a contest. He schooled him pretty good on Sunday at Augusta. Heck, I'll argue that when Rory is clicking on all cylinders, he can go toe-to-toe with Tiger in his prime. Rory has all the skills Tiger had ....he just doesn't use them as consistently as Tiger did, hence why I don't think Rory will ever be known as a better player than Tiger.

#1 at the Masters TW ,obviously wasn't at the point yet of being on his A game. Which everyone knows. And #2 ,if you think Rory is good as Tiger is in his prime, you should NEVER be allowed to discuss golf again.

#1 at the Masters TW ,obviously wasn't at the point yet of being on his A game. Which everyone knows. And #2 ,if you think Rory is good as Tiger is in his prime, you should NEVER be allowed to discuss golf again.

Rory's A game is as good as prime Tiger, IMO. The problem is...Rory's A game has never been anywhere near as consistent as Tiger's.

Apparently a lot of pros should never be able to discuss golf again, because many have said that when Rory is firing on all cylinders, the way he hits the ball matches or sometimes outshines prime Tiger.

He just needs to fire on all cylinders more frequently.

Joel Holden

https://twitter.com/JHolden138

Rory's A game is as good as prime Tiger, IMO. The problem is...Rory's A game has never been anywhere near as consistent as Tiger's.  Apparently a lot of pros should never be able to discuss golf again, because many have said that when Rory is firing on all cylinders, the way he hits the ball matches or sometimes outshines prime Tiger. He just needs to fire on all cylinders more frequently.

You are such full of it. I have heard the golf channel recently, they agree right now as in today, if TW is on his game he is still the best in the world. and if you want to talk about his prime, please. I am guessing you are young guy who never saw Tiger in his prime. because if you did ,you would know how ridiculous you sound.

Note: This thread is 3241 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!