IGNORED

Noise control at the driving range

ClintonM3
Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Is it bad etiquette to be distractful, even indirectly, such as chit chatting with friends? Is it bad etiquette to tell someone to have a warm glass of shut the @#$& up? Should the range noise level be like it is on the course? What's your stance on the subject?

i think chatting with buddies while on the range is perfectly acceptable. as long as it's not obnoxiously loud and distracting.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

the worst is having two or three of the sumo or cobra speed drivers on the range at one time.

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

It depends, at your local muni you cannot expect to have total silence while practicing. I fortunately can go to an area where I can be alone, but the noise really doesn't bother me.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like just letting the noise be and working on being calm and focused on my shot. Don't let it get to you, work on your mental sharpness!

What's In My Slingshot OSS Bag.

Driver: Sasquatch 460
Fairway: Sasquatch 3-wood
Irons: Idea A2 OS 3-PWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Sand WedgePutter: Melbourne II

depends on the range, especially on the clientele. The range I go to (usually on off hours) is a popular artificial mat range where 95% of the people there don't play golf and just like to hit some balls. With that in mind a weekend afternoon/ night is deadly... kids yelling and crap. It sucks!

I want a grass range where its just people who are dedicated to this sport. If you want to chit chat thats fine but just keep the conversation down.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

This is where an Ipod does wonders. People being loud and rowdy, just put the earbuds in and tune them out completely.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

i love my iPod on the course(if i am alone) or at the range its awesome

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I like just letting the noise be and working on being calm and focused on my shot. Don't let it get to you, work on your mental sharpness!

Exactly, I'm amazed sometimes of how sensitive some golfers can be about noise

This is where an Ipod does wonders. People being loud and rowdy, just put the earbuds in and tune them out completely.

Great on the range!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm forntuate enough to have a range close that is grass and most of the people that practice there are avid golfers. It's just a crappy range with a rusty car and a couple of markers out there but he does keep the box grass very well kept. It's cheap and the owner is really committed to keeping his customers happy.

If we do ge some people out there making noise it doesn't bother me. I'm usually so focused on trying to fix something that I don't even notice. I've never thought about the iPod thing though. Thats a great idea. I actually use a Palm Pilot with an SD card to listen to music so it is a little large to use on the range I believe.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

How do you stop the cables from getting tangled up while swinging?

I generally clip it onto my belt in the back. I will run the cables up my back and put the earbuds in. It stays out of the way and doesn't tangle.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

I keep my iPod in my pocket and run the wires under my shirt. Even if I don't have an iPod, noise doesn't really bother me, because sometimes I'm the one making the noise if I'm helping my girlfriend or something.

Driver: r7 10.5*
3W: Black Ti
Irons: CG Gold
Wedges: 54*, Acuity 60*
Putter: Copperhead bladeBall: NXT-Tour

don't mind some chit chat....."oh..when did you get at r7 superquad?..may i try?".....having a few beers....small wagers amongst friends..."closest to the blue flag....$2".......it's just practice....

i don't know why...but i tend to follow bowling etiquette..you know..you wait until the lanes next to you have bowled before you bowl....i don't know why..but i tend to do the same at the range with a driver...

It doesn't bother me, and I think as long as it's not totally obnoxious and going on forever it's fine etiquette-wise. I use it as an opportunity to practice hitting good shots with distractions - makes it easier to block it out when you are on the course.

I use my ipod on the practice putting green, but I haven't used it on the range yet. I'll give that a shot. I put the ipod in my back pocket and run the wires up through my shirt.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

depends on the range, especially on the clientele. The range I go to (usually on off hours) is a popular artificial mat range where 95% of the people there don't play golf and just like to hit some balls. With that in mind a weekend afternoon/ night is deadly... kids yelling and crap. It sucks!

I'm with you on that. My nearest range is artificial mats and I hate hate HATE them. I dream of a slightly dewey morning on a pristine range with no-one elso about, like you see pictures of pros practicing on.

Like this or this would be nice.
Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

Note: This thread is 6034 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!