IGNORED

How To Improve My Handicap in 21 Days...

Note: This thread is 2691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/82195/how-to-improve-my-handicap-in-21-days/72#post_1154786"] I would recommend just changing the title of this thread to something like "Shoot in the 80s from bogey with 5 minutes a day of focused practice." Or something like that, and continue to post here. We can follow your progress from the very start! You'll improve! :-) [/QUOTE] Thanks for your comments all this time. I feel good, because I´ve worked and I feel I´m playing better, I almost reach my goal, just a bit more of luck and I would have made it... It´s good to strive for a goal... So you mean that I can reach my goal, let´s say ¿handicap 15? if I follow a good plan, within the next 3 or 4 months..... You are a good example since you are getting a lot better, so I will take your comments seriously. Thanks again.

The main takeaway is that you've worked and feel you are playing better. I'm pretty certain that with the focused 5 minute practices that you actually are playing better. So, if that was your goal in the beginning, you'd have obtained it. Handicap will follow, but you can still have bad luck on the course on occasion. I've made many really nice contacts only to have the ball ricochet off of trees and/or other obstacles ending in doubles or worse. I still feel good about my game, though. Just bad luck or more likely bad decision making. :-D Have fun reaching your goals!

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My sensations yesterday at the range were really good...

- My driver: I was hitting it well, straight, high... 200 yards. If I were able to hit it this way, more consistently, I would drop 5 strokes easily from my current game. However it´s still a strange club for me, one day it doesn´t work at all, other it seems to be quite good. I was thinking about, keeping my head behind the ball during the strike, looking at tha back of the ball (not the top) and not overswinging.

- Irons: great. I was hitting them well, from 5 to P. Really good.

- Putt: I´m improving it, I should avoid completely the 3 putts. Completely.

Keep Working-

:nike:

Hey Jameson nice to here the driver is flying well, I spent 1 hr 20 mins on my putting before my round on Sunday and putted the best I have all year main putting keys practice,practice,practice

I´m not sure how am I going to practise today... Maybe at the range, focus with the driver, but a little bit of everything... or maybe play 9 holes... When I play, I hit less shots than if I went to the range, however it´s really good to fight against the course, make decisions, avoid dangers, face a bad shot, and a huge list of points....

Well, when it comes to putt, in my opinion, the biggest difference between an average player and a better player are the long putts. I struggle with long putts. So these days I´m trying to improve my long putts and thus, eradicate the 3 putts...

One drill I´m doing is placing a tiny towel far away from my ball, and I try to finish the ball into the towel in one stroke ( :-$ ). I think is a good exercise toi practise distance.

Well, when it comes to putt, in my opinion, the biggest difference between an average player and a better player are the long putts. I struggle with long putts. So these days I´m trying to improve my long putts and thus, eradicate the 3 putts... One drill I´m doing is placing a tiny towel far away from my ball, and I try to finish the ball into the towel in one stroke (:-$ ). I think is a good exercise toi practise distance.

Sounds like a great drill I'm gonna try it out when I'm next on the putting green

I´m going to replan my next 3 months of golfing work , and basically the plan should have some points like:

- 5 minute practise everyday

- Working on the range (Drive, Short game and putt)

- Repeating exercises to ingrain good movements in order to fix my swing (anywhere)

- Read LSW in detail and 5 Fundamentals

- Gym work

Hope it works and helps me drop 2 or 3 strokes...

I´m going to replan my next 3 months of golfing work , and basically the plan should have some points like: - 5 minute practise everyday - Working on the range (Drive, Short game and putt) - Repeating exercises to ingrain good movements in order to fix my swing (anywhere) - Read LSW in detail and 5 Fundamentals - Gym work Hope it works and helps me drop 2 or 3 strokes...

And put you on the path to drop even more. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

And put you on the path to drop even more. . .

Hope so.

What´s your training method? It looks like you are getting better at a faster pace than I´m doing actually. Or maybe I´m just more clumsy.....

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/82195/how-to-improve-my-handicap-in-21-days/90#post_1156176"] And put you on the path to drop even more. . .[/QUOTE] Hope so. What´s your training method? It looks like you are getting better at a faster pace than I´m doing actually. Or maybe I´m just more clumsy.....

I'm not on any kind of fast pace. :-( The only thing I have right now is reasonable distances with my clubs, and the ability to hit hundreds of balls per day without getting too tired. If I could somehow manage to put this together with proper practice, I hope to improve as well. :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

choke up an inch on the driver and take 3/4 swing - should keep the ball in play & closer to fairway - worth a couple hcp points easy.   Don't overswing

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

choke up an inch on the driver and take 3/4 swing - should keep the ball in play & closer to fairway - worth a couple hcp points easy.   Don't overswing

Ok, would have in mind your advice and will tell you the results... The problem I have with 3/4 swing, is that when I try to do it, I don´t turn my shoulders enough... it´s a strange feeling !

Quote:

Originally Posted by inthehole

Ok, would have in mind your advice and will tell you the results... The problem I have with 3/4 swing, is that when I try to do it, I don´t turn my shoulders enough... it´s a strange feeling !

This definitely takes getting used to, and I am also working hard to do this. Takes a lot of balls. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just 33 points in my last tournament... In fact, I was 33 with 16 holes played... Sadly, I was not able to make any point in the last two holes...

I´m trying to fix my slice with the driver, but still coming over the top is what makes me cut across the ball ()... Don´t discourage at all.

My teacher has identified which are my priority pieces right now to hit the driver . Here there are:

1. Keep my head behind the ball. Amazing how I move my head fordward on the DS. It´s almost impossible to have a good AoA doing this...

2. Shorten my BS, just until I feel my left arm parallel to the ground.

I´m gonna practice it until die. Some ideas or drills to improve them??

Thanks!

He didn't give you any drills?

http://purestrike5sk.com/videos.php

He did. But I´m going to start with the list of 5SK. Also he gave me drills to improve my putt, since I want to improve my handicap, is a sure way to do it. I realized I make more 3 putts than I think... :doh:

Note: This thread is 2691 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!