IGNORED

Golf Skate Caddy

iacas
Note: This thread is 3240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

I have no interest in this aside from thinking it's an interesting idea.

http://www.golfskatecaddyusa.com

For about $900 they'll deliver 4, 8, or even 12 Golf Skate Caddies to your course (that's not $900 apiece, just a one-time delivery fee). The carts have GPS on them so they track how often they're used, but you charge guests your normal cart fee or a little more (some places charge $30 while their cart fee is $20, but that's the top end of the scale). They revenue share with you on the income they make. You have nothing to buy and they'll pick up the carts when they're done (like the end of the season).

I'd love to play 18 holes on one of these things and I think some golfers would play more golf if these were available as an option. I think that, short of spending $6-8k or whatever to buy them directly, this is a great program. Dave and I have asked Chautauqua Golf Club (where we're teaching in the summers now) to consider doing this, and they're already talking about bringing 4 or 8 in.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Definitely would try it, looks like a blast.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

If a golf course had this as an option I would definitely give it a go.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

My first thought was that it looks like a lot of effort/work to ride. The video seemed to confirm that. Looks like it might be fun, especially for those that like to walk though. The businessman in me would like to see the revenue/expense comparison between the skate and a traditional cart lease program.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

If a golf course had this as an option I would definitely give it a go.

Ditto

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I can just see all sorts of stupid stuff being done on these. The way some people act in normal carts.... I have no interest in even trying something like this out and I'm not exactly sure how this would generate more interest in playing golf. I can see how it would appeal to people who already play golf and like skateboarding and such though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Count me in. I tried the segway idea at course here, and did not like it at all ... but this looks interesting to me.

Ken Proud member of the iSuk Golf Association ... Sponsored by roofing companies across the US, Canada, and the UK

I can just see all sorts of stupid stuff being done on these. The way some people act in normal carts.... I have no interest in even trying something like this out and I'm not exactly sure how this would generate more interest in playing golf. I can see how it would appeal to people who already play golf and like skateboarding and such though.

You can not imagine how this would generate more interest in playing golf? Do you have an imagination at all? People pay money to just drive around on Segways and you look and feel like a total dweeb on those things. These look and feel cool. I showed this video to a group of high schoolers just now and they ALL wanted to know if we were getting them at our course.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

• Administrator
I showed this video to a group of high schoolers just now and they ALL wanted to know if we were getting them at our course.

If you want them at your course, contact them and ask them about their revenue sharing model.

This applies to everyone here.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

If you want them at your course, contact them and ask them about their revenue sharing model.

This applies to everyone here.

I doubt the city of dayton has money for these. Though revenue sharing is an interesting idea. I'll pass it up the chain of command. I think Kittyhawk would be a great course. They seem to be the course getting into footgolf and other ideas to bring people to the course.

I think Beavercreek might like this because they tend to have a lot of younger people working there. I just get the younger crowd vibe over at Beavercreek.

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:

You can not imagine how this would generate more interest in playing golf? Do you have an imagination at all? People pay money to just drive around on Segways and you look and feel like a total dweeb on those things. These look and feel cool.

I showed this video to a group of high schoolers just now and they ALL wanted to know if we were getting them at our course.

I have a great imagination, which is why I can imagine the numerous ways people will hurt themselves on these. Aside from that, I don't see these things making golf more popular. They'd be a novelty attraction. If anything it'll generate interest in people wanting to buy these to tool around on off the course like they do with golf carts. I don't see people who aren't interested in golf suddenly getting interested because of these things. Of course, I could be wrong and I freely admit that.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
I have a great imagination

Put me down for a surprised "really?" on that one too… :-)

Seriously, Dave's kids want to ride one. Dave wants to ride one. My wife wants to try it out. So do I.

If you have the choice between two equal courses and on one you'll walk and on the other you'll do this, you might very well choose to go to the course which has those "cool carts." If you're a fringe golfer, it might be enough to make you play two or three more times a year.

Nobody's saying people will play golf solely because of these things, but there are a number of people who might play golf more often, or spend the money to try it out a few times when they'd otherwise walk or something. They do have the power to change people's choices on which course to play, too.

Nearly everyone I've shown this to has said something like "wow, cool!"

Put me down for a surprised "really?" on that one too…

Seriously, Dave's kids want to ride one. Dave wants to ride one. My wife wants to try it out. So do I.

Yeah and lots of people like to ride around in golf carts who have no interest in golf. These are a lot "cooler" and "more fun" looking that golf carts. Could a small number of people be drawn to the novelty of these things and as a result actually pick up golf who otherwise wouldn't? Sure, but I think most people who will even know or care about them will most likely already be golfers and others will just do what I already said, get one to play around with off the course.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

• Administrator
These are a lot "cooler" and "more fun" looking that golf carts. Could a small number of people be drawn to the novelty of these things and as a result actually pick up golf who otherwise wouldn't?

Since you seem to have missed it before… Nobody's saying these will create brand new golfers.

Dave's older kid doesn't play much golf. He'd play more often if he got to do it on a Golf Skate Caddy. And there are likely thousands more like him, with a similar attitude.

I would definitely give one of these a try.  I think, like earlier posters have said, the issues could be the riders who would abuse the use of these.  This product is a complimentary item for the game of golf, but I could see riders doing tricks and jumps and abusing the course.  I love new golf innovations and I am excited to try one, but please, Respect The Game and The Course!

Since you seem to have missed it before… Nobody's saying these will create brand new golfers.

Dave's older kid doesn't play much golf. He'd play more often if he got to do it on a Golf Skate Caddy. And there are likely thousands more like him, with a similar attitude.

I took the " You can not imagine how this would generate more interest in playing golf?" as a new golfer interest. I agree that it may get some people to come out more for awhile, but I don't think it would generate long term increased interest as the novelty wears off.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I have a great imagination, which is why I can imagine the numerous ways people will hurt themselves on these. Aside from that, I don't see these things making golf more popular. They'd be a novelty attraction. If anything it'll generate interest in people wanting to buy these to tool around on off the course like they do with golf carts. I don't see people who aren't interested in golf suddenly getting interested because of these things. Of course, I could be wrong and I freely admit that.

They go 13 mph max, probably less with a bag and golfer on it. So lets say 10 mph bax. I don't know, start running then trip? I don't see an issue. A golf cart goes upwards of 15-20 mph. Also, I would presume it is easier to jump off this thing then it is to exit a golf cart incase something like running into a tree or going over a cliff might occur. We had a guy last year who tipped his golf cart on a sharp turn. If he was riding this thing he wouldn't have taken his golf partner with him in the process, and he'd probably just jump off the thing before he crashed.

Anything that could happen in a golf cart could happen with this thing, and it goes slower, and it is easier to exit. Honestly the injury logic is totally unfounded. Unless you can think of a situation that isn't an outrageous hypothetical then there isn't really an issue here.

Yeah and lots of people like to ride around in golf carts who have no interest in golf. These are a lot "cooler" and "more fun" looking that golf carts. Could a small number of people be drawn to the novelty of these things and as a result actually pick up golf who otherwise wouldn't? Sure, but I think most people who will even know or care about them will most likely already be golfers and others will just do what I already said, get one to play around with off the course.

How do people gain interest in golf if they don't try it? I've heard a lot of stories about people who have had no interest in golf, then they try it once and they are hooked. Don't discount the effect golf has on people. Doing that shuts out a huge market the golfing industry needs.

Why is it bad if even current golfers use them more? What if that causes them to play more? That is not a bad thing. It sound like you want to just make excuses on why this shouldn't happen, and they are not even good ones.  There is no serious negative to these things that out weight even a small increase in popularity. At least you haven't given any.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag

They look like fun, but the thing that worries me is the inevitable fall after hitting a big and somewhat hidden gopher hole or something.

Once every round or two, I find myself apologizing to my cart partner for driving over a bump or through a depression that did not look nearly as big as it turned out to be.  I worry about catching one of those with one of these boards.  Unless they have a great suspension system that a golf cart is lacking. ;)

Note: This thread is 3240 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!