IGNORED

So I put my vokey oil can in vinager lastnight.HOW DO I BLUE THE CLUB?

fastfed
Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought this was to rust the club up, but its not, it actually just took the finish off, after that I dipped it in salt water and its got a nice rust to it now..

But what I would really like to do, is blue it.. How do I do this? Anyone have an idea how this is done? And is it to late because I rusted it up?

THANKS

I hear you, but this is all it says

"You clean, blue, rinse and reapply until"

Where in the world do you get this stuff at?? That's really what I am looking for.

Or do you have to order it online only?

I saw gun blue for sale at a sporting goods store in Maine that sold guns. Check to see if there is a local gun dealer to you, they probably carry the product and know how to apply it as well.

In the bag:

Burner 10.5
Rescue mid 16, 19, 22, 25
X-16 irons Forged+ Vintage 48, 54, 60 Circa 62 #3 A009125

OK I am done..

and "WOW"

It looks sick!!!
I put about 5 coats of the stuff on, polished it with the steel wool they have and it looks so awesome..

It says to put a coat of this oil the kit came with on it and let it cure over night.. I am wondering how long this stuff will stay on though.. I bet a few hits and it comes right off.

How about a picture of the finished product? Curious to see how it looks...

Driver: Ping Rapture V2 9° TFS Stiff | 3 wood: Exotics CB 15° Fujikura HL Stiff | Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech V3 16° Stiff, TM Burner Rescue 19° & 22° REAX Stiff | Irons: Titleist 735.CM DG S300 5-PW | Wedges: Vokey Oil Can 254.10, 258.08 | Putter: Rossa Imola 34"

Sorry. Pictures were done with my Cell phone..

They do not DO NOT!!! do any justice.. The finished product came out so nice!!

I had a couple people ask me today while playing where they can buy my wedge :)

its very very very very hard to maintain them. I did everthing the way you were supposed to, soaked in vineager, degreased them, removed any excess rust, blued, rinsed under cold water, reapplied the blueing sollution until desired finish.

applied the cure, 48 hr cure period in my case (just didnt play the next day). played one round, whiped them down when I came home and the next morning they were rusting again. I have no idea how to hold the finish up. Mine looked amazing and now they are just back to their original rust look.

Daniel Duarte
905R UST Proforce V2 76g 44" S
904F 15, Graphite Design YS6+
MD Hybrid, 19 Degree, UST V2 Hybrid S
Pro M Gunmetal 5-PW, Nippon 1150GH Pro SVokey Oil Can 52 - RAWVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56, 60 - RAWTEI3 Newport II - Torch Copper- Prov1x

I've read on some other sites that the key to bluing is heat.

Heat the head with a torch, blue, rinse, steel wool, repeat until you get to where you want to be. Then apply the oil.

You can get the blueing chemicals at Dicks, Walmart, Bass proshops, and on line

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

Remember this is the same stuff they use for guns, guns don't get smashed through the sand. The best way to remove rust from your wedges is to run it through the sand a bunch of times so it do a real job on the blueing. But it does wear in such a way as to show whether the lie is right for you.

The bottom inch or so will end up bare after about 10-15 rounds depending on how much time you spend in the sand.

In My Bag: This week
Driver: Nike square Sumo 10.5
4-Wood: Nike square Sumo 14.5
7 wood Cleveland launcher,
5 utility 19* clevelandIrons: 4-7 Titleist 690mb 8-pw Mizuno MP 33Wedges: Gauge Design GAS II 52* and 58* Putter: Scotty Cameron TE 10 2.5TP Mills or Cameron's or Bettinardi's. let me...

How did the finish hold up during your round today?

LOL!!! It didn't :) I had to do the entire process again after 1 round.. Here is the thing.. I like to read up on golf when not playing, damn, its the only thing I think of now a days :) That being said, I don't mind doing it every so often, I mean it still held up after hitting about 100 balls today, a little gone, but its no big deal to me now.. I guess I will do it when I want to show it off, tomorrow I am playing with a couple new guys, so I am going to take 15 minutes out tonight and redo it.. :) LOL, the only thing I messed up on. I bought the bitchwood kit and it comes with a little metal rod with a cotton ball at the end of it.. I kept it in the bottle and closed it up, went to get it again and the stick is now gone.. I guess the solution ate it up. :)

Note: This thread is 6029 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!