IGNORED

My Swing (travisv)

travisv
Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am currently working on my take away trying to get my hands and arms closer to my body at A2, more like the image below on the right. The DTL video is my range session today after practicing in the mirror.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

DTL is set to private. Also please try to answer these questions.

I've been Playing Golf for:

My current handicap index or average score is:

My typical ball flight is:

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is:

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Hopefully I fixed the video.

I've been Playing Golf for: I started playing golf when I was a kid and then stopped when I went to college.  I just picked it back up again about 2 years ago.

My current handicap index or average score is: 83

My typical ball flight is: A slight draw.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Pulls or hooks.

I'd like to see you clean up the posture a bit, make sure the weight is more centered and not back on your heels. Will help with the takeaway.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I think that I'm getting into a better position now on the takeaway.  I'm trying to really ingrain the move now so that I don't have to think about it.  I've been getting really consistent contact and haven't hit and big hooks the last couple times at the range.

• Administrator

I think that I'm getting into a better position now on the takeaway.  I'm trying to really ingrain the move now so that I don't have to think about it.  I've been getting really consistent contact and haven't hit and big hooks the last couple times at the range.

You are. The weight isn't in your heels.

When you're ready for the next piece… let us know. It's going to involve the extension of your back, the extension of your trail knee, and your hips sliding a bit forward as they turn on the backswing (or feeling that they're forward a bit relative to the URC).

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I played nine yesterday and went to the range early today, and all of the videos I took were looking pretty good.  I think I've pretty much gotten the takeaway locked in at this point.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been working a lot lately on getting the shaft laid down more from A4 to A5.   It has taken me quite awhile to get a feel for this but I think that it is starting to come around.  My shot shape has become a lot more consistent with this swing, and my misses aren't nearly as big.  I am really happy with the progress that I have made up to this point.

Looking better @travisv !

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• Administrator

Looking better @travisv !

Seconded! Good work with evolvr!

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

So I have still been working on laying the shaft down and it has really been quite a challenge.  However, in my latest lesson Stephan suggested I work some on rotating my hips through impact, and this has been a much more natural movement for me.  Now if I can just get the shaft to the right angle at A5!

So I have still been working on laying the shaft down and it has really been quite a challenge.  However, in my latest lesson Stephan suggested I work some on rotating my hips through impact, and this has been a much more natural movement for me.  Now if I can just get the shaft to the right angle at A5!

You've got it faster than I have!!  I've been working on the flatter shaft with Stephan for over a year.  This is a hard one that many of us work on a lot.  Your swing is looking very good now.  How is it working on the course?

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

You've got it faster than I have!!  I've been working on the flatter shaft with Stephan for over a year.  This is a hard one that many of us work on a lot.  Your swing is looking very good now.  How is it working on the course?

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to get out and play much.  We have had an absurd amount of rain the past couple of weeks, and most of the courses in my area have been closed.  My shots are more consistent though.  I have been able to play a couple of rounds, and my scores have been better.  I am really starting to get the feeling of coming at the ball from the inside now.

I got my latest evolvr analysis last night and I'm continuing to work on laying the shaft down during the downswing along with rotating more through impact.  I think that I am slowly making progress, however I was struggling with shanking the ball quite a bit when I actually got the shaft laid down properly.  Stephan gave me a drill where I put an additional ball right outside the one that I want to hit and it's worked like magic.

I got my latest evolvr analysis last night and I'm continuing to work on laying the shaft down during the downswing along with rotating more through impact.  I think that I am slowly making progress, however I was struggling with shanking the ball quite a bit when I actually got the shaft laid down properly.  Stephan gave me a drill where I put an additional ball right outside the one that I want to hit and it's worked like magic.

Looking better!

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I'm continuing to work on laying the shaft down during the downswing and preventing my right knee from kicking out.  I'm quite happy with the progress that I have made thus far.  Swings are at half speed with an abbreviated follow through per Stephan's suggestion.

Note: This thread is 2849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!