IGNORED

Worst round in Tiger's Career

Natural Patrick
Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's not like he woke up one morning and discovered he had forgotten how to play golf. There are still flashes of brilliance, it's just that mediocre and godawful shots are currently overshadowing them.

One day soon something is gonna click, and then....hopefully...

Can't wait to see some big slices of humble pie being eaten when Tiger's holding a Claret Jug in a few weeks time.

Ha ha. What you going to eat when he's sitting at home after a missed cut?

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

Could care less how Woods is playing or what his issues are. My point is just tired of having to watch it like its a bad reality show. There are so many players out there playing some great golf and we all have to miss it cause the couch coach announcers need to make themselves sound smart analyzing his issues.

It's not like he woke up one morning and discovered he had forgotten how to play golf. There are still flashes of brilliance, it's just that mediocre and godawful shots are currently overshadowing them. One day soon something is gonna click, and then....hopefully... Can't wait to see some big slices of humble pie being eaten when Tiger's holding a Claret Jug in a few weeks time.

This kind of hope is like a bad comb over. I just want to yell "It's gone dude! Let it go!"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It's not like he woke up one morning and discovered he had forgotten how to play golf. There are still flashes of brilliance, it's just that mediocre and godawful shots are currently overshadowing them. One day soon something is gonna click, and then....hopefully... Can't wait to see some big slices of humble pie being eaten when Tiger's holding a Claret Jug in a few weeks time.

I'll tell you what, he has much better chance of winning the US open then shooting in the 90's. 90's you guys are silly.

I'll tell you what, he has much better chance of winning the US open then shooting in the 90's. 90's you guys are silly.

The only way he could win in Tacoma is if this was the 90's. I LOVED watching Tiger play. Some of my best memories with my dad involved watching Tiger slay the field. But he's done. His biggest advantage was never physical, it was mental. He was in "golf boot camp" since he could walk. He said that there were times where he was so deep in the zone that he doesn't remember hitting shots. I guarantee you he remembers every stroke he took today and they are devouring his confidence. It's really sad to watch.

Yeah, cause if someone told you he was going to shoot an 85 you would have said?? You guys sound silly I'm sure.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Plz Bubble, tell us how Tiger's caddy contributes to his score.  Did Joe LaCave fail to inform on Rules violation, pull 6i not 9i, leave pin in hole as ball struck it...??

Quote:

Originally Posted by bubble

I dont understand his caddy choice either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeorgiaGolfer

It's not like he woke up one morning and discovered he had forgotten how to play golf. There are still flashes of brilliance, it's just that mediocre and godawful shots are currently overshadowing them.

Can't wait to see some big slices of humble pie being eaten when Tiger's holding a Claret Jug in a few weeks time.

Judging from your username and avatar, I can see why you think that.  In the real world, outside of Eldrick's most sycophant admirers, I don't think you'd be able to find many people who'd be willing to even lay a bet on him finishing in the top ten, let alone winning it.  If I was given a choice on wagering whether he'd miss the cut or win the U.S. Open, I'd take the former in a heartbeat.  He's a lot more likely to be hoisting a beer in front of his TV at home rather than a Claret Jug on Sunday, IMO.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Judging from your username and avatar, I can see why you think that.  In the real world, outside of Eldrick's most sycophant admirers, I don't think you'd be able to find many people who'd be willing to even lay a bet on him finishing in the top ten, let alone winning it.  If I was given a choice on wagering whether he'd miss the cut or win the U.S. Open, I'd take the former in a heartbeat.  He's a lot more likely to be hoisting a beer in front of his TV at home rather than a Claret Jug on Sunday, IMO.

Why do people keep mentioning the U.S. Open and the Claret Jug in the same sentence?

I'm wondering if the Lindsey break up played a part. I mean the original collapse seemed to come right after the famous incident with Elin and the affairs. Now we have a mini version of that and look what follows.

We know golf is mental. Maybe all the mental baggage is what's screwing up TW right now.

I use old Taylor Made clubs from eBay and golf shops.

I'm wondering if the Lindsey break up played a part. I mean the original collapse seemed to come right after the famous incident with Elin and the affairs. Now we have a mini version of that and look what follows.

We know golf is mental. Maybe all the mental baggage is what's screwing up TW right now.

Then maybe he needs to talk to Dufner.  Doesn't seem to be throwing him too far off his game. :-)

As much as I'd like to believe it's just karma for being such an arrogant prick, I think it's a combination of all the swing changes he's played with, the injuries mounting up and the mental issues stemming from lack of confidence.  When he was at the top of his game, he walked onto the course every time firmly believing he was going to win - and I think most of the rest of the field, deep inside, felt like they were playing for second place at best when he was there.  He doesn't hold that psychological edge over the rest of the field anymore, and he doesn't have that same attitude in his own head anymore either.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I don't know. Even amateurs show flashes of brilliance aka lucky shots. I really would like to see him come back. Just not sure we will...

It's not like it is a one off, if he has a couple more of those I'm not sure he would even want to keep going.. Probably too competitive to go through that feeling again..

These two sentences conflict with each other... He's too competitive to take failure, so you think he's going to quit?

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

He's not in danger of shooting in the 90s ONLY because he will withdraw with an "injury" if it looks like it's getting that bad.

He's never played a competitive round at Chambers Bay.

He shot an 85 on a course where he's won five times.

I'll take the over.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

He won't WD, he needs the reps. And whoever thinks he's shooting in the 90's in a couple of weeks, should have there head examined. There is no way in hell he shoots in the 90's. ZERO CHANCE!

Zero chance? How far is 90 from 85 ?

The moral of the entire Tiger Woods story is that this can be a humbling fu*king game at times.....even for the best (or second best) to ever play the game

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Then maybe he needs to talk to Dufner.  Doesn't seem to be throwing him too far off his game.

As much as I'd like to believe it's just karma for being such an arrogant prick, I think it's a combination of all the swing changes he's played with, the injuries mounting up and the mental issues stemming from lack of confidence.  When he was at the top of his game, he walked onto the course every time firmly believing he was going to win - and I think most of the rest of the field, deep inside, felt like they were playing for second place at best when he was there.  He doesn't hold that psychological edge over the rest of the field anymore, and he doesn't have that same attitude in his own head anymore either.

Don't know about the Dufner break up. Was there an affair?

But I think this is a vicious circle. Affairs screw him up. Game goes bad. He tries to change his swing to correct it. What came first? Mental stuff.

Note: This thread is 3237 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!