IGNORED

The Sand Trap in print media (Golf Digest)

Shindig
Note: This thread is 6035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

How often does The SandTrap get mentioned in print media? Today's the first time that I can remember being aware of it: I was reading the new issue of Golf Digest and this forum was mentioned (page 106). Whether this is frequent or rare, I think it's awesome

The article isn't about The SandTrap or about web forums in general; it's actually part of an article about Rory. Article begins page 102.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
How often does The SandTrap get mentioned in print media? Today's the first time that I can remember being aware of it: I was reading the new issue of

The November issue?

I was interviewed (kind of - gave tips on watching a golf tournament) in Golf Magazine earlier this year. We've been mentioned a few times. I tend not to care too much because we have more readers than Golf or Golf Digest, but it's still nice. I'll have to flip to page 102 when my issue arrives. I seem to get magazines a week later than most people.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'll have to check it out!!!

I'll have to flip to page 102 when my issue arrives. I seem to get magazines a week later than most people.

My son and I both has a subscriptions to Digest, but his arrives 2-3 weeks before mine. WTF?? Oh well, at least I read his first.

The November issue?

It's in the November issue, yes. Page 102 is the start of the article, which I enjoyed reading. TST is mentioned in the article, although the site isn't the focus of the article.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

we have more readers than Golf or Golf Digest

WOW! That's impressive. Care to share how the numbers break down? I must admit I don't subscribe to either of those mags, but pick one up on occasion. I do read TST daily it seems.

I've spent most of my life golfing - the rest I've just wasted.

In my bag todayâ¦.
Driver: 2009 S9-1 10.5
19d Hybrid4-SW:2008 FP 58/10 Mizuno MP T-10Putter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

My son and I both has a subscriptions to Digest, but his arrives 2-3 weeks before mine. WTF?? Oh well, at least I read his first.

why buy 2 subscriptions if you both get it in the same house?

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

haha yeah i noticed this. they were quoting someone from here blasting rory calling him an idiot or something.

XTD Pro - 9.5* - GD YSQ
GS Tour - 15* -GD Red Ice
Rescue TP - 17* - Fujikura TP
Idea Pro Gold - 20* - Mitsubishi JavlnFX
MP-30, 4-PW - Standard Lofts / 2* flat - TT DG RAC Z TP (54*/10*) X-Forged (60*/10*)Scotty Cameron TeI3 - 35"

why buy 2 subscriptions if you both get it in the same house?

The in-laws bought one for my son not knowing I already had the subscription.

I got my mag and was reading the article on Saturday morning and noticed the mention of TheSandTrap.com, which I thought was funny because I just started visiting this site. Good exposure anyways...

Driver: MX-500 10.5° Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 65 Regular
Wood: F-60 15° Exsar FS3 Regular
Hybrid: CLK Fli-Hi 20° S300
Irons: MX-15 R300
Wedges: MP-R Chrome 52°-07°, 56°-13°Putter: White Hot XG #9Ball: HX-TourShoes: Chev X-Series

That's how I found this site!

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I dont know if this has been posted and Im sure you guys know about it, Im working now and dont have time to do the search to find out, but the SandTrap.com was mentioned in the latest Golf Digest. (The one with Ernie on the cover). It was mentioned in the article where they talk about Rory Sabbattini. Anyone else know about this or am I about one month behind???

Cool...I cant believe I didnt notice this thread, im on here quite often. Whoever wrote Rory is an idiot is famous!!!
Driver-Taylor Made R7 460cc 10.5* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Fairway Wood-Taylor Made R7 Draw 15* Fujikara REAX Stiff
Hybrid Taylor Made 19* Rescue Mid Steel Stiff
4-PW-Golfsmith G40 TT Lite XL Stiff
GW-Ben Hogan Riviera 8* Bounce 50*SW-Ben Hogan Riviera Medium Bounce 56*LW-Cleveland 60* 588 ChromePutter-Taylo...

• Administrator
Cool...I cant believe I didnt notice this thread, im on here quite often. Whoever wrote Rory is an idiot is famous!!!

Thing is, I'm fairly certain nobody ever wrote what was quoted. I think it was provided as an "example" or "representative" opinion, not as one that was actually spoken.

I've searched and I can't find anything about "pie hole"s or the rest of it.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

We've been "mentioned" again:
http://www.golfdigest.com/magazine/b...and-tiger.html
(Of course, we were mentioned as "sandtrap.com," which isn't right...).

At any rate, I still can't find this "pie hole" comment. Not anywhere. Actually, I found it in one place on our forum (not counting this thread, where I said I couldn't find the words "pie hole" anywhere. Here it is:
http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthread.php?p=40818#3

Uhhh, yeah, has nothing to do with Rory Sabbatini.

In other words, we were misquoted!

Note: This thread is 6035 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!