IGNORED

Hello from Minneapolis!

gms08
Note: This thread is 3235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello all!

My name is Greg. I've been playing golf since I was about four years old. I currently live in Minneapolis and work in finance. I am always looking to improve my game and learn more about everything golf-related!

Looking forward to being a part of the sand trap community!

Welcome to the site!  There is a lot of great information here.  I am originally from Minneapolis.  Moved to cheese land about 5 years ago.  A couple other guys from the Minneapolis area here I believe are @Crim and @rehmwa .  Where do you like to play?

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks, cipher! Are you far into Whizzconsin or just over the border?

I play everywhere I can to get a true GHIN reading. My favorite courses:

• Hiawatha Golf Course - just a mile or so from my house, and the practice facilities are amazing! They had to shut down the back 9 this season due to flood damage, but I will always support them because it's my home away from home and a course that close is always a nice thing
  • Oak Marsh - my MGA membership is at this course, and they just renovated the entire course about a year or two ago to my understanding
  • Legends
  • Crystal Lake - got married here as well! Got a bunch of free golf for having the wedding here, and then during the dinner tasting, bride's had a random prize drawing for hair and photos and all that stuff--my wife won four more free rounds! I can say i was the only groom that jumped for joy after their wives won something :-D
  • Highland 18
  • Inverwood

I'll have to search those MPLS folks out! Thanks for the heads-up!

Thanks, cipher! Are you far into Whizzconsin or just over the border?

I play everywhere I can to get a true GHIN reading. My favorite courses:

Hiawatha Golf Course - just a mile or so from my house, and the practice facilities are amazing! They had to shut down the back 9 this season due to flood damage, but I will always support them because it's my home away from home and a course that close is always a nice thing

Oak Marsh - my MGA membership is at this course, and they just renovated the entire course about a year or two ago to my understanding

Legends

Crystal Lake - got married here as well! Got a bunch of free golf for having the wedding here, and then during the dinner tasting, bride's had a random prize drawing for hair and photos and all that stuff--my wife won four more free rounds! I can say i was the only groom that jumped for joy after their wives won something :-D

Highland 18

Inverwood

I'll have to search those MPLS folks out! Thanks for the heads-up!

I am all the way over in Milwaukee.  I grew up in the Medina area just west of Plymouth.  I am not sure that I have played any of those courses, but I am familiar with a few of them.  I did not play more than a few times per year when I was in Minneapolis.  I used to play Baker National the most probably.  The last time I visited there a few years ago, they had really let the course take a dive.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

That's what I heard about Baker as well. From my understanding, they used to receive funds from Scott County, but a few years ago, the County started its own parks board, and Baker was left with less budget to maintain. It's really too bad when things like this happen.

Most of the ones on my list are East Metro and South Metro area.

Welcome to the site @gms08

Thanks for joining. This is a great place to learn and become a better golfer.  I would recommend the Swing Thoughts and Member Swings sections for learning.

If you have any questions about using the site, check out our "Using the Site" section , and Little Things New Users can learn.

Here are some great threads to get started and familiar with The Sand Trap

Want to follow some bright people and some awesome members? Check out this article . Want to talk about more than golf or quickly find like-minded folks? Check out our Groups .

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks! The site is wicked cool and I am loving it!

B-) Noticed you were from Boston. I grew up in RI. Had to throw it in there.

That's what I heard about Baker as well. From my understanding, they used to receive funds from Scott County, but a few years ago, the County started its own parks board, and Baker was left with less budget to maintain. It's really too bad when things like this happen.

Most of the ones on my list are East Metro and South Metro area.

Yeah it is a shame, because it used to be a gorgeous place. I played in the junior league there for a few years as a kid.

Nate

There's a course back in RI with a barn that looks EXACTLY like that! You just brought back some good memories.

Hopefully they'll get the funding and support they need to bring it back to it's former glory.

Note: This thread is 3235 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!