IGNORED

Donald Trump for president?

rkim291968
Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

14 minutes ago, Dave2512 said:

It I appear ambiguous it's only because what I'd like to say would likely earn me a suspension from this site.

5 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Haha! The same could be said for honestly defending some of his positions as well, I hear ya. 

Most criticism of Trump equates to name calling. I have seen very few well-versed critiques of his policy regarding immigration. 

Posters can be a honest and say whatever they want. They just can't insult other posters or use vulgar language or troll for emotional responses. So far, so good for the most part and I am being general here and not pointing at either of you.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

I want to be the Walmart greeter.  I can't support my family on that wage though.

Typically the higher paying jobs are harder and have more responsibility (stress).  If I could get paid the same that I do now with a simpler (easier) job, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I am certain many others would as well.

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but for your first sentence, if you really like that job, then you make a choice.  Either leave the job for one that pays better, or let your family go hungry.  It certainly doesn't add any real value to the shopping experience at Walmart, therefore it doesn't rate a higher pay grade.  Raising the outlay for a non value added position makes no financial sense.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

2 minutes ago, Braivo said:

Haha! The same could be said for honestly defending some of his positions as well, I hear ya.

Most criticism of Trump equates to name calling. I have seen very few well-versed critiques of his policy regarding immigration.

Here's my issue with Trump.  He throws out some crazy ideas like "Let's ban all Muslims" then waits to see what the reaction is.  If it's semi-positive he refines the idea a bit and throws it back out, "Let's not allow Muslims into our country".  If that is received well he'll refine it more until it's a real and practical idea, "We should not allow any refugees into the country unless we have a better means to vet them and make sure they aren't terrorists."  

He did this with the wall between the US and Mexico, did it with Muslims, did it with trade laws between us and China and it seems to be the method he uses to define or create his policy.

We can't have a POTUS that creates domestic or foreign policy based on what plays best in public polls.  If I was his campaign coordinator I'd make sure he always stuck to the script and didn't speak off the top of his head because that's when he gets into trouble.  

Joe Paradiso

5 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Posters can be a honest and say whatever they want. They just can't insult other posters or use vulgar language or troll for emotional responses. So far, so good for the most part and I am being general here and not pointing at either of you.

Perhaps we are saying it is difficult to debate about Trump without using vulgar language! ;-) It's all good. :beer:

Now if we could just get this thread back on topic and away from minimum wage debate and how much Walmart pays its workers. 

- Mark

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

Perhaps we are saying it is difficult to debate about Trump without using vulgar language! ;-) It's all good. :beer:

Now if we could just get this thread back on topic and away from minimum wage debate and how much Walmart pays its workers. 

You don't consider jobs and wages to be a campaign issue?

Rick

1 minute ago, Braivo said:

The mods may not read every word of every post, but we are monitoring this thread for bad behavior. It is a divisive subject and folks can get way too emotional and go over the line.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

1 minute ago, Fourputt said:

You don't consider jobs and wages to be a campaign issue?

They are but it's a generic campaign issue, not a Trump issue.

Joe Paradiso

2 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

We can't have a POTUS that creates domestic or foreign policy based on what plays best in public polls.  If I was his campaign coordinator I'd make sure he always stuck to the script and didn't speak off the top of his head because that's when he gets into trouble.  

I think he purposely puts those different sayings out there because it trolls the media. They are outlandish on purpose, it gets him in the news. Sticking to the script would get him buried with the other candidates. Rubio stuck with the script (heh) in the last debate and looked like a robot. 

None of his "trouble" has ever cost him in the polls, it's working. 

- Mark

4 minutes ago, 14ledo81 said:

I want to be the Walmart greeter.  I can't support my family on that wage though.

Typically the higher paying jobs are harder and have more responsibility (stress).  If I could get paid the same that I do now with a simpler (easier) job, I would do it in a heartbeat.  I am certain many others would as well.

While their is a lot of truth to this statement the problem is there are too many non-living-wage jobs out there. The largest employers have destroyed the labor market by pushing a lot of what used to be middle class jobs into the same income bracket as the non-skilled jobs. 

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

3 minutes ago, newtogolf said:

They are but it's a generic campaign issue, not a Trump issue.

Exactly, this. This is about Trump for President, not the campaign in general. 

4 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

The mods may not read every word of every post, but we are monitoring this thread for bad behavior. It is a divisive subject and folks can get way too emotional and go over the line.

Understandable, we are having an excellent, enjoyable debate so far. 

- Mark

But DT is one of the few that wants to talk wages, budget, how to restore strength to the middle class etc. while the others argue religion, gay marriage, guns, abortion. Gets old.

Dave :-)

21 minutes ago, Fourputt said:

I'm not sure what you are saying here, but for your first sentence, if you really like that job, then you make a choice.  Either leave the job for one that pays better, or let your family go hungry.  It certainly doesn't add any real value to the shopping experience at Walmart, therefore it doesn't rate a higher pay grade.  Raising the outlay for a non value added position makes no financial sense.

This was my point.  Some jobs just won't be higher paying.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

10 minutes ago, Braivo said:

I think he purposely puts those different sayings out there because it trolls the media. They are outlandish on purpose, it gets him in the news. Sticking to the script would get him buried with the other candidates. Rubio stuck with the script (heh) in the last debate and looked like a robot.

None of his "trouble" has ever cost him in the polls, it's working.

I agree to some level he's trolling the media but he needs to complement his trolling with some well thought out policies or rhetoric.  He's an intelligent, successful man but at this point in the campaign he needs to work on his credibility and sincerity.

Joe Paradiso

1 minute ago, Dave2512 said:

But DT is one of the few that wants to talk wages, budget, how to restore strength to the middle class etc. while the others argue religion, gay marriage, guns, abortion. Gets old.

This election is not about social issues, and DT knows that. He is talking about what the majority of middle class Americans care about. He has positions on them, but does not make them the focal point of his campaign. 

- Mark

1 minute ago, 14ledo81 said:

This was my point.  Some jobs just won't be higher paying.

That I certainly agree with.  That's why so many of those jobs are only offered as part time and minimum wage, and were traditionally held by students, or sometimes by a stay at home mom who could only work part time when the kids were in school.  For adults who want to turn those jobs into something they aren't just so they can skate by is simply wrong.

Rick

1 minute ago, newtogolf said:

I agree to some level he's trolling the media but he needs to complement his trolling with some well thought out policies or rhetoric.  He's an intelligent, successful man but at this point in the campaign he needs to work on his credibility and sincerity.

Pay close attention and you will see signs of him shifting that way. Watch his speeches, they are evolving. Look at the way he handled the debate mishap when Carson didn't hear his name called. He is empathic and giving. The demeanor of his children alone is a good indicator of this. 

awkward-debate-entrance.png

- Mark

I don't get the minimum wage issue here. Why should anyone be rewarded for doing the bare minimum? 

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

6 minutes ago, Psyber said:

I don't get the minimum wage issue here. Why should anyone be rewarded for doing the bare minimum? 

Too many people feel that there is some sort of entitlement earned just for existing.  

12670077_1005246662876617_41374656444665

Rick

Note: This thread is 2955 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!