IGNORED

Which balls have you used and not liked?

9wood
Note: This thread is 3125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think Top Flight made a serious brand error when they released those low cost rocks a few years back. I think they are going to have to live them down for some time to come, maybe by making better than average balls for their price range. IDK, I just hate the logo now.

They certainly lost me as a customer.  I suspect that today they might make a decent ball for the masses.  But I am not going back as I am happy with a couple of other brands/models that I can obtain at reasonable prices.  Just no sense in trying Top Flite again that I can see.

Butch

Ditto on the [COLOR=181818] Nike 20XI model. It was like hitting a rock, but only harder and alot less accurate.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]Ok maybe accuracy was my fault.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]But I can not stand any NIKE Ball. The Platinum One and Black were horrific.[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]For the record if I find a pinnacle I just throw it back into the woods where it belongs[/COLOR]

I too hate the feel of the 20Xi line but they are fun to play on short par threes, they spin back like a top and I rarely spin balls back. The RZN BLACK is just as hard but the red and whites feel like ProVs to me, nice and solid.

I used to really like the Pinnacle Exception ball. Solid two piece, with a solid feel on impact. Tried the latest Pinnacle and do not like it.

Wish they still made the Titleist DT Wound 90. Still the best. Hard to play anything other than Titleist.

The best round I had last year was with a Pinnacle Exception ball. It still was not enough incentive for me to buy more of them though. The ball that I refuse to play is the ITech.

• Upvote 1

Hate: Slazinger, Pinnacle, Maxfli - Rocks! All of them! Rocks! I bought these when I first started because they were cheap. I gave them to a friend of mine who can't hit the ball well anyway so it doesn't matter. Not fond of: Bridgestone... I don't like the feel on the putting green. Love my Callaway Hex Chromes.

Lol...you haven't played Maxfli u3-u6 have you. I like the Pinnacle Gold Distance. I have no problem squooshing them. [quote name="boogielicious" url="/t/82748/which-balls-have-you-used-and-not-liked/30#post_1159633"]Agree with you on this one!   [/quote] [quote name="inthehole" url="/t/82748/which-balls-have-you-used-and-not-liked/30#post_1159649"]This thread makes me want to play Top Flites just to beat guys who think the current version are rocks... [/quote] Yup. People are so surprised when they see that my ball is a TopFlite Gamer. So many people are unwilling to give it a chance. It's a much better ball than Titleist NXT Tour

• Upvote 1

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Adding Nike RZN White to the list.  I played around with it for 9 holes.  It felt too soft, and I could not control its spin.  Not impressed with distance either.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Yup. People are so surprised when they see that my ball is a TopFlite Gamer. So many people are unwilling to give it a chance. It's a much better ball than Titleist NXT Tour

Now your just being silly!!!!!

In my Grom:

Driver-Taylormade 10.5 Woods- Taylomade 3 wood, taylormade 4 Hybrid
Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Now your just being silly!!!!!

I played the NXT Tour for a few years and gave the Gamer V2 a try, and for my swing the Gamer was a better ball for half the price and I became a convert.  I have played the Gamer Soft recently as well as the DT Solo and the 3 piece Gamer Soft is by far the better ball for my swing.  I played Titleist only golf balls (non-tour versions) for many years because of their branding, but the market over the last 10 years has exploded with golf balls equal to or superior to the Titleist offerings for 90% of us, at a more reasonable cost.

I will say that I am fortunate that I can be picky about Golf balls. I know someone who works at a course and therefore I get an endless supply without ever having to pay for a ball.

That being said this has afforded me an opportunity to try many different balls. It is nice to be able to play an expensive ball that you can afford. it is also baffling to find an expensive ball which you dont understand why they are $45 a dozen!

In my Grom:

Irons- Callaway Big Berthas 5i - GW Wedges- Titles Volkey  Putter- Odyssey protype #9
Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

I will say that I am fortunate that I can be picky about Golf balls. I know someone who works at a course and therefore I get an endless supply without ever having to pay for a ball.

That being said this has afforded me an opportunity to try many different balls. It is nice to be able to play an expensive ball that you can afford. it is also baffling to find an expensive ball which you dont understand why they are $45 a dozen!

and you still play the e6.... I send you all my e6's I find for your ProV1s...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Slazenger makes the lowest quality balls of any recognizable name brand. The model really doesn't matter. Basically range balls with less durability.

I agree. I bought these at Dick's last spring for about $.70 a ball. For the first two months of the season I thought I had developed a muscular condition during the off-season that was limiting my power and distance. My drives were landing 20-30 yards shorter than usual. Finally switched to some Titleist NXT Tours and got my distance back immediately. I won't even pick up a Slazenger when I find one.

• Upvote 1

- Mark

Yes. I go between an E6 and NXT Tour, because they both come in yellow. I have tried the B330 and it was decent.
Pro V's just feel way to "clicky" off the face for me.

Call me superstitious, but I play my best rounds with  E6 or NXT Tour, and even better when the ball is yellow!

In my Grom:

Ball- Bridgestone E6
All grips Golf Pride

Yes. I go between an E6 and NXT Tour, because they both come in yellow. I have tried the B330 and it was decent. Pro V's just feel way to "clicky" off the face for me. Call me superstitious, but I play my best rounds with  E6 or NXT Tour, and even better when the ball is yellow!

I've been playing yellow z-stars this season at any opportunity I can get. The conditions are so foggy this time of year that I need something bright so I stop losing balls that I know I hit well... or maybe I'm just superstitious too.

• Upvote 1

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Other than the AD333, Ive never felt the love for Srixon.  I really wanted to like them but theyre just very meh for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I played the NXT Tour for a few years and gave the Gamer V2 a try, and for my swing the Gamer was a better ball for half the price and I became a convert.  I have played the Gamer Soft recently as well as the DT Solo and the 3 piece Gamer Soft is by far the better ball for my swing.

Bought a sleeve of Gamers last month. They didn't impress me, and didn't seem to perform as well as other balls do for me. In my opinion even the lower priced Noodle performed better for me than did the Gamers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer

I give all the ProV1s I find to one of my playing partners who does play them.  In return, he gives me all the e6s he finds.  Fair trade for me, as the ProV1 doesn't fit my game (despite Titleist's insistence in their TV commercials that it's the best fit for every golfer).

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

I give all the ProV1s I find to one of my playing partners who does play them.  In return, he gives me all the e6s he finds.  Fair trade for me, as the ProV1 doesn't fit my game (despite Titleist's insistence in their TV commercials that it's the best fit for every golfer).

Yeah well if that's the case, why do they make the solo, nxt tour, velocity etc...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I too hate the feel of the 20Xi line but they are fun to play on short par threes, they spin back like a top and I rarely spin balls back. The RZN BLACK is just as hard but the red and whites feel like ProVs to me, nice and solid.

The Nike RZN Black and Platinum are very nice balls. The red and white are hard covers. I do the bite test on balls to see how soft the covers are.[quote name="GaijinGolfer" url="/t/82748/which-balls-have-you-used-and-not-liked/54#post_1162644"]Other than the AD333, Ive never felt the love for Srixon.  I really wanted to like them but theyre just very meh for me. [/quote] The Z Star and Z Star XV were my balls for a long time. Great balls. Still have several. I switched to Volvik because I wanted something different. I love the green Volvik Vista iV except around the greens. A little too hard. I played some Volvik S3 White Color the other day. Drove a 311 par twice. Haven't done that in a while with any other ball. I too give a friend of mine all the e6's I find. Too hard for me.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac62

Yeah well if that's the case, why do they make the solo, nxt tour, velocity etc...

Good question.  I've often wondered that myself.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Note: This thread is 3125 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!