IGNORED

Who else is injured right now and addicted to golf?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Yeh nothing like "RICE" rest, ice, compression, and elevation.  I can only imagine how frustrated you are.  Does it hurt to putt, because if not you could put some serious work into your short game :)

I have been doing a lot of putting but it gets pretty boring after a while.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Slight improvements today. Able to go through a slow motion swing with very little discomfort. How is everyone else doing?

Doing ok. A little pain in the left knee but played 18 today. Didn't umpire this week so I'm tuning up for golf league playoffs in two weeks. Hope the legs hold up.

I am 66 and retired April 1, but I feel like the joke has been on me. I have had a couple of issues since the first of the year. Late January broke 2 fingers on right hand. Tried to play through it a few times but think all I did was really screw up my complete game. I have been fighting gout in my right ankle for 5 weeks. Comes, gets a little better then comes back with a vengeance. Haven't played in 4 weeks. Last round when gout first onset was awful. Hobbled around the course then gave up after 16 holes. No plans now to play for another 2 or 3 weeks...beginning to think I have some sort of infection and not gout...2 rounds of prednisone did nothing for it. Started 10 days of antibiotics yesterday. We will see how that goes...

I am 66 and retired April 1, but I feel like the joke has been on me. I have had a couple of issues since the first of the year. Late January broke 2 fingers on right hand. Tried to play through it a few times but think all I did was really screw up my complete game. I have been fighting gout in my right ankle for 5 weeks. Comes, gets a little better then comes back with a vengeance. Haven't played in 4 weeks. Last round when gout first onset was awful. Hobbled around the course then gave up after 16 holes. No plans now to play for another 2 or 3 weeks...beginning to think I have some sort of infection and not gout...2 rounds of prednisone did nothing for it. Started 10 days of antibiotics yesterday. We will see how that goes...

Doing ok. A little pain in the left knee but played 18 today. Didn't umpire this week so I'm tuning up for golf league playoffs in two weeks. Hope the legs hold up.

Umping is hard on the knees, at least you get to play.... [quote name="Osnola" url="/t/82887/who-else-is-injured-right-now-and-addicted-to-golf/20_20#post_1165744"]I am 66 and retired April 1, but I feel like the joke has been on me. I have had a couple of issues since the first of the year. Late January broke 2 fingers on right hand. Tried to play through it a few times but think all I did was really screw up my complete game. I have been fighting gout in my right ankle for 5 weeks. Comes, gets a little better then comes back with a vengeance. Haven't played in 4 weeks. Last round when gout first onset was awful. Hobbled around the course then gave up after 16 holes. No plans now to play for another 2 or 3 weeks...beginning to think I have some sort of infection and not gout...2 rounds of prednisone did nothing for it. Started 10 days of antibiotics yesterday. We will see how that goes...

Flare up again yesterday for no real reason. Very painful though. X-ray for me on Monday. May hang it it up with golf soon...

Unfortunately, I've been a member of the "IR & Addicted to Golf" club for many years as well.

Mainly lower back fatigue periodically and back muscle spasms.

They occasionally require a week of rehab and rest.

Stretching and Advil keep me on course, some days are difficult, but hey, I always try to enjoy my time being out and playing.

Best wishes for everyone to quick recovery and getting back to playing the Great Game we all love.... :beer:

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Sorry to hear that you may be down for the summer @Valleygolfer . It's a bummer. I've been out as long as a year at a time with reconstructive or replacement surgeries the last 5 years. It's adjustable bed/recliner or try and play with bionic / bad wheels...the hands are different, of course.

Sorry to hear that you may be down for the summer @Valleygolfer . It's a bummer. I've been out as long as a year at a time with reconstructive or replacement surgeries the last 5 years. It's adjustable bed/recliner or try and play with bionic / bad wheels...the hands are different, of course.

Thanks. It's been brutal. First year I have purchased a full membership at my club... Financially painful as well...

Talk to the head pro about a suspension of membership due to injury. I did in writing and was suscessful. ;-)

Talk to the head pro about a suspension of membership due to injury. I did in writing and was suscessful.

Glad to hear that because I was planning doing it Monday.

Talk to the head pro about a suspension of membership due to injury. I did in writing and was suscessful.

I will be doing the same.  Played a total of 9 holes this year before my injury and I will likely need surgery near the end of the year on my wrist, my golf year is completely shut down.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

My back popped last Tuesday as I bent over to pet my dog, so I've been taking care of that this week.  Muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatory tabs (Aleve), exercises and my wife's essential oil therapy have it feeling a lot better, but I haven't had the courage to try and swing a club yet.  The back problem is a chronic condition I've dealt with for more than 30 years.

Mine did the same thing when I tried to throw a banana peel away.  Seriously.

Doctor says that it's most likely an annular tear.  I've been dealing with the same thing for decades.  I had x-rays about fifteen years ago and was told it was just muscular, but this doctor said he had the same thing, and he had an MRI that confirmed his was an annular tear.  It is so incapacitating because the annulus around the disc material is chock full of nerves, so the pain is intense.  I can barely wipe my own butt, let alone swing a golf club.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fourputt

My back popped last Tuesday as I bent over to pet my dog, so I've been taking care of that this week.  Muscle relaxers, anti-inflamatory tabs (Aleve), exercises and my wife's essential oil therapy have it feeling a lot better, but I haven't had the courage to try and swing a club yet.  The back problem is a chronic condition I've dealt with for more than 30 years.

Mine did the same thing when I tried to throw a banana peel away.  Seriously.

Doctor says that it's most likely an annular tear.  I've been dealing with the same thing for decades.  I had x-rays about fifteen years ago and was told it was just muscular, but this doctor said he had the same thing, and he had an MRI that confirmed his was an annular tear.  It is so incapacitating because the annulus around the disc material is chock full of nerves, so the pain is intense.  I can barely wipe my own butt, let alone swing a golf club.

My condition was back to normal in 5 days.  No more trouble since, but that's typical.  Today I played 36 holes here at the Old Works Course (Nicklaus design) in Anaconda, Montana.  I also played 18 each of the previous two days, and I'll be playing 18 the next two, after which I get back in the car and drive 10 hours home from Idaho.  I'm more worried about the drive than I am about the golf.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Man feelin you guys pain...shoulder was all healed I thought and dove into the pool recently and it instantly injured it worst than before. Was in shock and all I could think about was my golf game. Hit the first tee a couple days later and it was useless. Just could'nt stop tho. Couple beers later and a birdie on a par 5 and feelin no pain. Until the next day...playin st. Andrews on tw masters till the weekend to get my fix .

Man feelin you guys pain...shoulder was all healed I thought and dove into the pool recently and it instantly injured it worst than before. Was in shock and all I could think about was my golf game. Hit the first tee a couple days later and it was useless. Just could'nt stop tho. Couple beers later and a birdie on a par 5 and feelin no pain. Until the next day... playin st. Andrews on tw masters till the weekend to get my fix .

I have dusted off the TW13 myself... Sux.

Note: This thread is 3046 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!