IGNORED

Who else is injured right now and addicted to golf?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cali Ace

Man feelin you guys pain...shoulder was all healed I thought and dove into the pool recently and it instantly injured it worst than before. Was in shock and all I could think about was my golf game. Hit the first tee a couple days later and it was useless. Just could'nt stop tho. Couple beers later and a birdie on a par 5 and feelin no pain. Until the next day...playin st. Andrews on tw masters till the weekend to get my fix .

I have dusted off the TW13 myself... Sux.

I know you use you hands a lot when you work. Are you keeping the wrist relatively immobilized when not working?

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know you use you hands a lot when you work. Are you keeping the wrist relatively immobilized when not working?

I pretty much work right handed and can only use left in a fist. I wear the brace 85% of the day that keeps it immobile. The weekend, I took it off to let it function some but didn't use it. I wear the brace 100% of the time at work. It's a good brace. X-ray was negative so if it's still hurting in a few more weeks I may get a catscan.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Quote:

Originally Posted by boogielicious

I pretty much work right handed and can only use left in a fist. I wear the brace 85% of the day that keeps it immobile. The weekend, I took it off to let it function some but didn't use it. I wear the brace 100% of the time at work. It's a good brace. X-ray was negative so if it's still hurting in a few more weeks I may get a catscan.

Good luck. I hope it heals fast for you.

Scott

My Swing Thread

old ankle injury acting up, ortho doc says surgery will not do anything.  take pain meds about an hour before Tee time and halfway through.  Not the best scenario, but what the H, it works, I get out there.  Also when I ride my bike.  Wear brace when working out.

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Good luck. I hope it heals fast for you.

Thanks. I just got the news that my membership is pushed over until next year. That takes a lot of stress off me but I am still not happy with the progress.

Thanks. I just got the news that my membership is pushed over until next year. That takes a lot of stress off me but I am still not happy with the progress.

Glad to hear about the membership suspension. Get that hand well!

Pulled my left rhomboid last weekend teeing off on the 6th hole. Finished the round anyway and now I am sitting it out till it feels better. I am tempted to go to the range tomorrow if it feels a bit better but I might not risk it and just bring my putter and force myself to practice putting for a while.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

90% sure it is a tfcc tear... Golf is dead to me now... I'm on early winter mode where I don't even want to watch the golf channel. Plus the Grand Slam hangover is still fresh sapping my golf interests even more. I told my girlfriend that I don't want to watch the golf channel anymore and she said that she's worried about me. :-P

90% sure it is a tfcc tear... Golf is dead to me now... I'm on early winter mode where I don't even want to watch the golf channel. Plus the Grand Slam hangover is still fresh sapping my golf interests even more. I told my girlfriend that I don't want to watch the golf channel anymore and she said that she's worried about me.

Sorry to hear.

Scott

My Swing Thread

• 3 weeks later...

5 days ago wrist started hurting almost as bad as the original injury....2 days ago it suddenly stopped hurting... It still feels weak and not the same function wise but I am stymied on what is going on. One minute super painful and depressing, The next, no discomfort at all... Still waiting to play golf though....

I'm recovering from a broken tibia and torn ACL..

Ouch! Get well soon.

Scott

My Swing Thread

currently stress fracture in left tibia and fibula...

which followed a stress fracture in the right tibia and foot...

which has resulted in a grand total of 2 rounds of golf played this summer...   :(   :(     neither of which were anything to write home about, but at least i played...

hoping for a REAL long fall here so that i can get some late season rounds in...

which has resulted in a grand total of 2 rounds of golf played this summer...   :(   :(     neither of which were anything to write home about, but at least i played...

hoping for a REAL long fall here so that i can get some late season rounds in...

Welcome to the club...why are you getting so many of these?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ccotenj

Welcome to the club...why are you getting so many of these?

thanks (i think)...    :)

not sure yet...  going through various "elimination tests"...  sooner or later they will figure out why...   my diagnosis of "i'm old" doesn't seem to satisfy them...  :)

all i can say is it sucks...   i am VERY tired of crutches...

thanks (i think)...    :)

not sure yet...  going through various "elimination tests"...  sooner or later they will figure out why...   my diagnosis of "i'm old" doesn't seem to satisfy them...  :)

all i can say is it sucks...   i am VERY tired of crutches...

Crutches are horrible, especially when you are in college...

I haven't played in 2 weeks and it will probably be another before I'm back on the course. My 1 year old accidently stepped on my balls. Ultrasound showed no significant damage but I've been advised to take it easy for a bit and I'm still in pain.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Note: This thread is 3066 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!