IGNORED

Who else is injured right now and addicted to golf?

Valleygolfer
Note: This thread is 3067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I was going to post when my MCL had a minor tear and my little toe was cracked. Both of my injuries are nothing compared to some of the other stuff posted here. . . Get well everyone. Wish you all the best for a speedy and effective recovery. :-)

Good luck with your recovery!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

I was going to post when my MCL had a minor tear and my little toe was cracked. Both of my injuries are nothing compared to some of the other stuff posted here. . .

Get well everyone. Wish you all the best for a speedy and effective recovery.

Good luck with your recovery!

Thanks, but I can barely feel them now that they're mostly recovered. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 3 months later...

Have not been to this thread for a while...  I was waffling slightly about surgery for my wrist but I was going to sneak in one more round of golf today but woke up in pain this morning. I guess I don't have a choice now... boo

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Ok everyone i have a problem. i hurt my back at work i'm a  auto mechanic. for 3 weeks i couldn't walk right and my work was very painful . the first concern on my mind was will  i be able to play golf comfortable this year . after thinking about it that's a little messed up ..lol ...on the bright side its very cold in northeast Ohio so i have time to let it heal but i want to go to the driving range ...the good news for me is after going to the doctor,  xrays ... some sort of shot ... steroids ..and mussel relaxers my back feels so much better i think will be fine by the new season... and hopefully to start practice soon...anyone else hurt themselves and have one of the first worries be golf ????

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Valleygolfer said:

Have not been to this thread for a while...  I was waffling slightly about surgery for my wrist but I was going to sneak in one more round of golf today but woke up in pain this morning. I guess I don't have a choice now... boo

If it doesn't suck too much, remind us what you did? What surgery, and how's the recovery time?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

• Administrator

Merged a thread into this one.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I have to have my right hip replaced and they want to do it at Christmas.  I just can't do it. I played this year but in some severe pain.  I simply can't finish and so, have over compensated on my swing.  I am kind of blocking it but hitting a draw like you can't imagine.  I have gained major distance.  My 7 iron has always been about 150 to 155.  Now, it is 165 to 170.  However, after a swing, I have to get to the cart.  THE CART!  I don't believe in using a cart and always walk.  Even in scrambles, about half of the time, I go ahead and walk if the flow of the scramble allows for it.  I'm 58 and this injury happened 3 years ago in a scramble.  I always go last because I can hit it pretty good.  I tagged one and then felt a very shape pain.  In fact, it pretty much brought me to tears.  I've never been the same.  Now, the Doctor says there is so much arthritis building that I have to get it fixed.  I'm now to the point that I can't go up or down a set of stairs so ...

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

6 hours ago, iacas said:

If it doesn't suck too much, remind us what you did? What surgery, and how's the recovery time?

I am quite certain that the triquiteral cartilage is torn on my left wrist. It was minorly injured in March while weightlifting and more seriously injured after a drive on June 14. It really hurts when I "flatten" the wrist. 

It requires orthoscopic surgery. There are two different surgeries. One has 1 week casting and 6 weeks total recuperation for 100% healing. The second is six weeks casting and 3 months rehab. Fortunately I have therapy equipment and hopefully can speed the healing process.

I'm almost embarrassed to post here after reading some of the more serious injuries.

I have an issue with my right shoulder. The injury's been around since before I started playing golf, but seems to have worsened a bit over the last two years. The pain is still very minor, but I'm trying to prevent it from getting worse. My Dr. diagnosed it as a rotator cuff injury and referred me to a Physical Therapist. The therapy lasted on session as the therapist thought my lower spine and hips were the cause of the shoulder injury.

Anyway, golf season is now over (because of the weather) and I'm trying to cut way down on practicing, limiting my sessions to every other day while reducing the number of swings per. Also doing some very light weightlifting and stretching.

Not swinging the club every night is tough habit to try and break, but after a few weeks my shoulder feels better. As a bonus, I might actually be practicing more efficiently.

Jon

1 hour ago, CoachB25 said:

I have to have my right hip replaced and they want to do it at Christmas.  I just can't do it. I played this year but in some severe pain.  I simply can't finish and so, have over compensated on my swing.  I am kind of blocking it but hitting a draw like you can't imagine.  I have gained major distance.  My 7 iron has always been about 150 to 155.  Now, it is 165 to 170.  However, after a swing, I have to get to the cart.  THE CART!  I don't believe in using a cart and always walk.  Even in scrambles, about half of the time, I go ahead and walk if the flow of the scramble allows for it.  I'm 58 and this injury happened 3 years ago in a scramble.  I always go last because I can hit it pretty good.  I tagged one and then felt a very shape pain.  In fact, it pretty much brought me to tears.  I've never been the same.  Now, the Doctor says there is so much arthritis building that I have to get it fixed.  I'm now to the point that I can't go up or down a set of stairs so ...

I had right hip replacement in 1996 (at 46 years old), and I was back playing golf in 3 months. The hip cap will need to be adjusted sometime in the next year; but overall, it has worked well for 18 years. With dedicated physical therapy and exercise, your hip will be very much improved and with it, you will be greatly improved. In addition,  I understand that the procedure is much improved today versus when I had mine done. Good luck to you.

tcnbtx, thanks for that post.  I have heard from a very close friend that I will be so glad that I got it done.  I have to coach softball this spring and so, can't get it done at Christmas though my Doctor tells me I can't wait.  I can't let the girls down and so, will do what I have to do to make it through this upcoming season.  I can't get it done in the Summer. 

Darrell Butler

Coach (me) to player, "Hey, what percentage of putts left short never go in?"  Player, "Coach, 100% of putts left short never go in."  Coach (me), "Exactly."  Player, "Coach what percentage of putts that go long never go in."  LOL!

Changed my driver swing for one bucket at the range and for nine holes of golf in sept and been limping ever since. Played three times since then and now I'm using a cane. Xrays and ct scan showed moderate arthritis in the right hip. Waiting on results of a bone density scan. Been dealing with shoulder issues all year but this hip is the worst. Swinging all right handed now except for my pw seems to help. Might need to call it quits til spring.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Not an injury per se, but I have had four operations this year. One in February an Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm repair  and three on my eye the last 5 months. I have been in and out of golf all year. Restricted to no play and or only chipping and putting for many months. Not much fun for someone who usually plays 125 or more rounds each year. I have played about half than this year and many of them were not a full 18 or at best only nine. Playing with only one eye with full sight is no fun. 

Took up golf (again) three years ago, and have been injured 90% of the time. The first year of playing I played one round, the second, three rounds, and finally this year I played a regular season. The regular season this year though was not easy, and about 70% of the time I was playing through pain/discomfort. My injury is something that hurts insanely bad (ribs: feels like a heart attack), but I am not/cannot actually hurt anything. I think it is all do my first instructor who wanted me to get out of my head by swinging as hard as I could without thinking. Next year, I have decided if I simply take time off and do not go overboard - playing 3-4 a week in a row several weeks in a row - then I will be ok. 

I found out today that my hip issue is bone cancer. Not only that my doctor told me that I need to quit my job, and contact hospice that I'm looking at a few months to a few weeks. The good news is I got lots more time now to work on my game. The bad news is it's almost winter and my hip bone could break while playing, says one nurse anyway. Going to see my oncologist next week and see what he thinks.

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

46 minutes ago, Sante TwoGloves said:

I found out today that my hip issue is bone cancer. Not only that my doctor told me that I need to quit my job, and contact hospice that I'm looking at a few months to a few weeks. The good news is I got lots more time now to work on my game. The bad news is it's almost winter and my hip bone could break while playing, says one nurse anyway. Going to see my oncologist next week and see what he thinks.

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family

Few months to few weeks to live? Or until it's treated? Hope the best for you either way.

1 hour ago, Sante TwoGloves said:

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Sante TwoGloves said:

I'm not a religious guy so I can't pray for you, but I'll keep you in my thoughts today and send whatever positive energy I can your way.

Note: This thread is 3067 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!