IGNORED

Golfer shoots 57 with 3 aces, 2 of which were on par-4's

David in FL
Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is more likely...that he actually made 3 holes in one (none of which he or his playing partners saw go in) or that someone up ahead was playing a prank on him by putting the ball in the hole before they left the tee?

The latter has happened hundreds of times, the former is about a trillion to 1.

So this guy may actually believe he made the holes in one and he has no reason to think he didn't, but I'd put my money that it was a prank.

• Upvote 1

What is more likely...that he actually made 3 holes in one (none of which he or his playing partners saw go in) or that someone up ahead was playing a prank on him by putting the ball in the hole before they left the tee?

The latter has happened hundreds of times, the former is about a trillion to 1.

So this guy may actually believe he made the holes in one and he has no reason to think he didn't, but I'd put my money that it was a prank.

Actually, messing with anyone's balls is a pretty serious offense. :scared:

Never done that prank before (as it would screw up anyone's round), but my son and his friend put range balls right against the lip behind the flag before. :whistle::-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Actually, messing with anyone's balls is a pretty serious offense. :scared: Never done that prank before (as it would screw up anyone's round), but my son and his friend put range balls right against the lip behind the flag before. :whistle: :-D

Depends on who's messing with my balls... Sorry I couldn't pass it up...

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

I spoke to many gentleman in the golf industry and they know Pat Wills. They say he is a nice guy, but is delusional. The only tourneys he does well in are tourneys where he brings his own 4some and if you look at the past 3 Summer Solstices, some how he and his sons shoot 3 rounds under there handicaps every time. Sorry...he may be a good guy, but this is called cheating and I am amazed Laurel Hill or the Golf Channel have not called him out on this. The gentleman I spoke, to claim he does this all the time and his son Charlie is no better. He may be a good guy...but someone close to him needs to call him out and introduce him to reality before he gets an amazing dose of KARMA!!

I spoke to many gentleman in the golf industry and they know Pat Wills. They say he is a nice guy, but is delusional. The only tourneys he does well in are tourneys where he brings his own 4some and if you look at the past 3 Summer Solstices, some how he and his sons shoot 3 rounds under there handicaps every time. Sorry...he may be a good guy, but this is called cheating and I am amazed Laurel Hill or the Golf Channel have not called him out on this. The gentleman I spoke, to claim he does this all the time and his son Charlie is no better. He may be a good guy...but someone close to him needs to call him out and introduce him to reality before he gets an amazing dose of KARMA!!

Welcome to the site. It's great hearing someone from the another side of the debate drop in, but do you have any list able sources to verify what you stated?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Nice guys does not cheat, he should not be allowed on any golf course ever!

Welcome to the site. It's great hearing someone from the another side of the debate drop in, but do you have any list able sources to verify what you stated?

He did say "I spoke to many gentleman in the golf industry" Lihu, I don't think Golfben will make a statement like he did without having verified the facts! I am a great believer that golf is the only sport where we call ourselves on infringement! We all play the game to enjoy.

Yes...but because they are in the industry, I promised to not say anything. I am sure Pat Wills is a good golfer, but just google his name. He plays in very few events where his scores are seen by someone other then family and friends. My stepson played on the same team as his son in high school and claimed he was known to stretch the truth :-).

I have an even harder time believing this is true than believing his original story. If you're gonna flat out lie about something why would you pick something so ridiculously off the wall absurd like this? Why not go with 2 hole in ones, both on par 3s? Throw in an eagle on a par 4 or something for good measure, but 3 hole in ones in a round and two on par 4s? I can imagine that even a delusional person would think that might actually go over well. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

He did say "I spoke to many gentleman in the golf industry" Lihu, I don't think Golfben will make a statement like he did without having verified the facts! I am a great believer that golf is the only sport where we call ourselves on infringement! We all play the game to enjoy.

Yes...but because they are in the industry, I promised to not say anything. I am sure Pat Wills is a good golfer, but just google his name. He plays in very few events where his scores are seen by someone other then family and friends. My stepson played on the same team as his son in high school and claimed he was known to stretch the truth :-).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Golfben24

I have an even harder time believing this is true than believing his original story. If you're gonna flat out lie about something why would you pick something so ridiculously off the wall absurd like this? Why not go with 2 hole in ones, both on par 3s? Throw in an eagle on a par 4 or something for good measure, but 3 hole in ones in a round and two on par 4s? I can imagine that even a delusional person would think that might actually go over well. Sometimes truth is stranger than fiction.

Will you guys for for a polygraph test if you achieved all these aces? Must be a world records and something to be proud of - so yes I will!

The only thing that bothers me most about this possibility is that he is playing tournaments, and won a trophy. If he did actually lie, it's borderline criminal. I also can't imagine getting 2 par 4 aces without all kinds of other people noticing it (or seeing it not happen), especially during a tournament?

What gives?

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

In watching the Greenbrier yesterday, CBS was providing the number of attempts that the pro's had gone without an ace on tour when they reached the Par 3 18.  Some of these guys haven't had an ace in 2,000 - 3,000 attempts yet we are supposed to believe that this guy had three aces in one round and two of them were on Par 4's?   Sorry, I'll apologize if proven wrong, but I think he's a liar or someone was messing with him.

Joe Paradiso

I see that he played in the USGA Four-Ball qualifier with his son, and they shot 79!  So he regularly shoots in the mid 60's and has numerous
"59's" on his own ball...yet barely breaks 80 when he has a scratch partner helping him???

http://vsga.org/news/three-teams-qualify-for-the-u-s-amateur-four-ball-championship/

It could happen. Snippet from another CBS sports report. "After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency."

It could happen. Snippet from another CBS sports report.

"After picking up a golf club that day for the very first time in his life, the Dear Leader of the Democratic People's Republic of North Korea fired a 38-under-par round of 34 at Pyongyang. According to the 17 security guards who observed the performance, the score included an amazing 11 aces. Naturally, the event was dutifully reported to the North Korean masses by the state news agency."

Didn't you hear that that he also invented the 15' golf hole! :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Didn't you hear that that he also invented the 15' golf hole!

That's from tee to green...i.e., the ENTIRE hole.

Vishal S.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Didn't you hear that that he also invented the 15' golf hole!

That's from tee to green...i.e., the ENTIRE hole.

Right, and the 15' long fairway. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Right, and the 15' long fairway. :-D

Plus, putt putt golfing from the forward tees. Play it Forward really applied here.

Note: This thread is 3216 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!