IGNORED

2015 British Open at St. Andrews Discussion Thread

colin007
Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lol even the guy setting up the poll couldn't get it right.. but does someone's little poll change history .. me thinks not.

Have a ganders at www.theopen.com

For us on this side of the pond we take it seriously and get pretty pissed about it.

It's not a pond, it's an ocean.

• Upvote 4

• Administrator
For us on this side of the pond we take it seriously and get pretty pissed about it.

Get over it fast. This isn't the thread for it. Further posts about that topic in this thread will result in you being restricted from the thread.

Every so often some wanker comes in here to talk about how the British Open should be called the Open Championship and that everyone who calls it the British Open is an idiot or something. Well, tough beans, man. You can call something a lorry and we can call it a truck, and we can all peacefully co-exist. If you get pissed off because someone else calls something you had no part in creating, well, then you're just someone who perhaps shouldn't be participating on a forum.

I certainly don't get pissed when people call the tournament I refer to as "The Masters" as "The U.S. Masters." People do it. Cool by me.

P.S. I didn't create that poll.

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

In a salary cap pick 6 league, would you guys change any of these picks? D. Johnson, Fowler, Holmes, Palmer, T. Fleetwood, J. Luiten.

Got 4 guys who crush the golf ball, different combo of 4 guys who played very well in the Scottish open. Key is for all 6 guys to make the cut. From there DJ and Fowler would be the guys I count on to win. What are your thoughts?

Those are great choices to go with, Good Luck.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Get over it fast. This isn't the thread for it. Further posts about that topic in this thread will result in you being restricted from the thread. Every so often some wanker comes in here to talk about how the British Open should be called the Open Championship and that everyone who calls it the British Open is an idiot or something. Well, tough beans, man. You can call something a lorry and we can call it a truck, and we can all peacefully co-exist. If you get pissed off because someone else calls something you had no part in creating, well, then you're just someone who perhaps shouldn't be participating on a forum. I certainly don't get pissed when people call the tournament I refer to as "The Masters" as "The U.S. Masters." People do it. Cool by me. P.S. I didn't create that poll.

Well it looks like you just can't educate some people.. Just a statement of fact and you find brick walls. .. now I remember why I turned down offers of darn good careers in the US.

And the continuing stooorrryy of a golf bag (Graham DeLaet's bag) gone missing but eventually found. Protein packaging blew up in carrying bag.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Love me some British Open.......conundrum.....sleep early on Wednesday and get up for Tiger's round early AM, or just power through the evening/night....

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

Love me some British Open.......conundrum.....sleep early on Wednesday and get up for Tiger's round early AM, or just power through the evening/night....

How 'bout a 3rd option? Set the DVR and keep your regular schedule.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

How 'bout a 3rd option? Set the DVR and keep your regular schedule.

Too much of a junkie to not watch live and follow the various golf blogs in real time......

"Getting paired with you is the equivalent to a two-stroke penalty to your playing competitors"  -- Sean O'Hair to Rory Sabbatini (Zurich Classic, 2011)

I have called it the British Open for the past 41 years. This year I started calling it the Open. Everyone I golf with still calls it the British Open. So I think I will just call it like I see it. Depending on who I'm having conversation with at the time.

Too much of a junkie to not watch live and follow the various golf blogs in real time......

Haha, yeah, you're more of a junkie than me. Enjoy!

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

It's not a big deal. We call it the "British Open" because we're in the U.S. and our "Open" is the U.S. Open. If there was no U.S. Open, then people would call the British Open "The Open" over here. I call it "The British Open" and if you don't like it, then tough. It's still my favorite major, though.

An Irishman named Murphy went to his doctor after a long illness.

The doctor, after a lengthy examination, sighed and looked Murphy in the eye and said, "I've some bad news for you... you have cancer and it can't be cured. I'd give you two weeks to a month."

Murphy, shocked and saddened by the news, but of solid character, managed to compose himself and walk from the doctor's office into the waiting room.

There he saw his son who had been waiting. Murphy said, "Son, we Irish celebrate when things are good and celebrate when things don't go so well. In this case, things aren't so well. I have cancer and I've been given a short time to live. Let's head for the pub and have a few pints."

After three or four pints the two were feeling a little less somber. There were some laughs and more beers. They were eventually approached by some of Murphy's old friends who asked what the two were celebrating.

Murphy told them that the Irish celebrate the good and the bad... he went on to tell them that they were drinking to his impending end. He told his friends, "I've only got a few weeks to live as I have been diagnosed with AIDS."

The friends gave Murphy their condolences and they hoisted quite a few more and had an excellent celebration.

After his friends left, Murphy's son leaned over and whispered, "Dad, I thought you said that you were dying from cancer. You just told your friends that you were dying from AIDS!"

Murphy said, "I am dying from cancer, son, I just don't want any of them sleeping with your mother after I'm gone."

LMAO!!

Looking forward to what looks like it will be a "typical" british open weather wise. I'm going to go for Danny Lee, after his two best weeks since turning pro his confidence is sky high so I think he may be one of the outsiders to keep an eye on.

Driver: :tmade: R1 S 10 degree Wood: :ping: G20 3W Hybrid: :nike:Covert Pro 3H
Irons: :tmade: Rocketbladez Tour 4i-AW KBS S SW: :cleveland: CG15 54 degree
LW: :cleveland: CG15 58 degree Putter: :tmade: Corza Ghost Ball: :tmade: Penta

So to change the topic from British Open vs The Open, the forecast looks like STRONG 40 mph friday afternoon winds, to the point where I'm changing many of my picks to Thursday Afternoon guys. Phil, Stenson, Casey, Kuchar, Fowler, Furyk, Grace seem to have a huge advantage making it to the weekend? Any thoughts on this?

So to change the topic from British Open vs The Open, the forecast looks like STRONG 40 mph friday afternoon winds, to the point where I'm changing many of my picks to Thursday Afternoon guys. Phil, Stenson, Casey, Kuchar, Fowler, Furyk, Grace seem to have a huge advantage making it to the weekend? Any thoughts on this?

My thought? Dammit! Sure hope that doesn't happen. I will say that forecasts for the Scottish Open were not very accurate so I'm remaining optimistic.

I love it but just hope it's consistent. I don't want to see the morning guys Friday get away with just rain and Tiger and Spieth get nailed. In glad the winds going to blow at least because I think with no wind these guys would destroy the place.

Tiger said in his press conference that just once before he dies he wants to play The Old Course backwards. "Play 1 to 17, 2 to 16."  Is that a thing? It was part of a discussion that he loves the way the course sets up and changes with different conditions. Then he sequed into that statement.

And I'm assuming he meant 1 tee to 17 green. Then 18 tee to 16 green. 17 tee to 15 green. Right?

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

Well it looks like you just can't educate some people.. Just a statement of fact and you find brick walls. .. now I remember why I turned down offers of darn good careers in the US .

Thank you. We already have our share of people who get too wrapped up in things that are unimportant in the grand scheme.....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Note: This thread is 3025 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!