IGNORED

Srixon Z-URC vs Bridgestone B330

Note: This thread is 6026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Srixon Z-URC vs Bridgestone B330

• Srixon Z-URC
    • Bridgestone B330

I have been playing with Titleist Pro V1x for the past several months but wanted to try out some alternative balls which are cheaper but performs quite equally well...

Please choose which you would recommend (ONLY BETWEEN THESE 2 OPTIONS) and would perform similar spin rate, distance, feel etc. Also please state why you chose one over the other. Thanks.
Driver
909D2 9.5º w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff

Woods
909F2 13.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway Stiff 909F2 18.5º w/ Aldila Voodoo Fairway StiffIrons MP60 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold Sensicore S300Wedges Vokey Design 200 Series Tour Chrome 52-08 w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold S200...

I too have been looking for a pro v1 replacement,i play the pro v1, not the 1x. after hours of researching i just bought a few boxes of balls. i bought the srixon zurc, the zurs, and the b330. having a dozen of each gave me some time to really feel them out. although i play the pro v1 (not x) i liked the zurc the best.

the zurc just felt better, especially in the scoring zone. my newport II and the zurc got along really well. i think i spun the zurs a little better and the b330 as well but the zurc felt better.

sorry i dont have a more detailed answer, i hit all three balls around the same distance, a few yards different but that wasnt important to me. greenside play made the decision for me.

toby
in my bag:
driver: titleist D1 9.5 stiff3 & 5 wood: taylormade burner stiffhybrid: taylormade rescue mid 21 stiffirons: mizuno mp-60 4 thru pwwedges: cleveland cg 10's (52,56,60)putter: scotty cameron Newport 2 (35 inch)balls: titleist pro v1 (how do you...

how do they feel off full iron shots? do they feel as soft as pro v1?

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I have been playing with Titleist Pro V1x for the past several months but wanted to try out some alternative balls which are cheaper but performs quite equally well...

If you are looking for spin then look at the Srixon Z-URS, I play this ball and I love the spin. The Z-URC has pretty good spin, and is a little longer off the tee. That's all I know, hope that helps.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

how do they feel off full iron shots? do they feel as soft as pro v1?

The Z-URC and the B330 would feel more like a ProV1x on full shots. The Z-URS and the B330S would feel closer to the ProV1. The Z-URS is a real gem. It may be the highest performing ball for the non-tour speed swing player. Here's why:

The real value of multi-layer urethane covered balls is achieved when the ball can be fully compressed. It takes over 115 mph withe the driver to fully compress a ProV1x. It takes well over 100 (I understand 105-110 )mph to realize the benefits of a ProV1. The Z-URS fully compresses with an 85 mph swing, I believe the Z-URC takes around 100 mph. When the TOUR pros play the Titleist balls, due to their clubhead speed, they are playing a different ball than the average guy. The Z-URS allows the rest of us to get that performance. Testing has shown both balls are significantly longer than ProV's of either kind by 5-10 yards. I play bot of those Srixons, depending on course conditions. The Z-URS is more of a drop and stop type ball. The Z-URC really spins! I use those when the greens are hard. Here are results published by Today's Golfer a British magazine in Spring of 2007: Here's an example of the test: Test conducted by a PGA pro who hit six of each with a driver and a pitching wedge. His performance was monitored by Flight Scope which tracked spin, ball speed, and carry. Ball Type Driver Carry Distance Driver B -Spin Wedge distance Wedge B-Spin PRO V-1 273 2742 105 5215 PRO V1X 273 2905 104 4593 HX Tour 270 2190 103 4001 HX Tour 56 275 2684 104 4228 Nike One Black 276 2262 106 4463 Nike One Plat. 280 1911 101 5639 Wilson Staff TX4 289 2318 108 4851 Srixon Z-URS 280 2483 108 4407 NXT Tour 260 2478 106 4392 HX Hot 266 2718 100 3952 Srixon AD333 276 2673 106 5430 Look at the distance of that Wilson Staff TX4!

Driver- Geek Dot Com This! 12 degree Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 Stiff
Adams Tour Issue 4350 Dual Can Matrix Ozik Xcon 5

Hybrids- Srixon 18 deg
Srixon 21 deg Irons- Tourstage Z101 3-PW w/Nippon NS Pro 950 GH - Stiff Srixon i701 4-PW w/ Nippon NS Pro 950 GH-Stiff MacGregor...

thanks alot, im gonna try out a sleeve of the z-urs to try out then. im not as crazy about the pro v1x as i am about the pro v1.

In my wasabe green ozone bag:

Hibore 9.5° w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft Driver

G10 15° 1H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft G10 18° 2H w/ UST V2 Stiff Shaft T-Zoid Pro 3-PW S300 CG10 52° 2 Dot Black Pearl CG10 56° 2 Dot Black Pearl Newport 2 TerylliumLow Score = 88

I use the Srixon ZURC almost exclusively now. I've played both the ZURC and the ZURS, and I don't see a significant difference in the spin. I actually seem to get better spin on chips and pitches with the ZURC, even though it is supposed to have a slightly lower spin rate. I will still use Pro V1 and V1x when I get them for free (have a dozen V1x in the bag right now from a tournament gift), but the only ones I buy are the Srixon.

I haven't tried the Bridgestone, so I can't offer a comparison there.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use the ZUR-S because I like getting a little more spin but I've been starting to use the ZUR-C a little more. Can't go wrong with a Srixon!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 6026 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!