IGNORED

Vokey or Cleveland?

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im in need of a 52 degree gap wedge and I'm split between Cleveland and vokey. Suggestions?

Edel ;)

What brand of clubs do you use? You might get a gap wedge from them that is actually the make and model of your irons.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

same deal for me between both trades.

preferens for the same brand of my other wedges. for me it's vockeys. yet could do with a mix.

Edel ;)  What brand of clubs do you use? You might get a gap wedge from them that is actually the make and model of your irons.

I have Cleveland irons but wouldn't mind get vokeys AT ALL so whatever will help my game more will be the one I pick up

If you can demo, see which one goes through the turf and escapes it easily with your swing

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Agree with posters. Went back and acquired the AW to match set and close gap. Have mixed bag of 4 wedges to 64*/12 just used for specific shot I LIKE to hit. Cleveland I use the most and like it's set up.

I asdmire the Vokey line for its technical achievements and wide variety of wedge grinds, bounces and lofts. But, I have never liked the feel of them - always seemed too light in the head.

I like both Cleveland and Callaway, and currently use  Cleveland CG14s for the G, S, and L.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Wedges, like putters can be extremely personal. I've played both. Clevelands feel too firm for me. But again, everyone is different and from a quality standpoint, neither is better. Try 'em both and pick what feels/looks best to you.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

For me, its Vokey.  Clevelands are nice but I find them to be too head heavy.  Vokeys seem to have a much nicer balance, for me.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I like my Volkey's  ( all 3 of them ) ......  i had a 52 cleveland 588.... and it too felt very heavy in the club head...  i find the Volkey's are more balanced and i can swing it easier.... '

but i traded off my cleveland and got a 50* / 8 Volkey and like it a lot better......

It is what it is

I carry both a Cleveland 56* and a Vokey 60*! Had a 62* Cleveland as well, but dropped that when I was given the 60* Vokey. No preference over one or the other. I also agree that looking to see if your iron set has an individual gap wedge for the set would be a good idea. Love my iron matched gap wedge!

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AW 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

Note: This thread is 3207 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!