IGNORED

New Mizuno MP 25

Note: This thread is 3054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Screen Shot 2015-07-14 at 9.10.07 AM

PRETTY!!!! :-D

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Yeah this look interesting. Maybe a mix between the JPX-850 forged and MP-H5?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

They look kind of bulbous. Even chunkier looking than the MP H4/H5. Wouldn't mind hitting them, but not the prettiest thing Mizuno has ever made.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Sometimes it's tough to tell from pictures (as was the case with the G30 driver, which turned out to look very nice at address), but I'm not liking the look of these at all.

They look kind of bulbous. Even chunkier looking than the MP H4/H5. Wouldn't mind hitting them, but not the prettiest thing Mizuno has ever made.

If I had to guess I would say they're probably thinner than the MP H5. Maybe between the MP-54 and MP H5.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Sometimes it's tough to tell from pictures (as was the case with the G30 driver, which turned out to look very nice at address), but I'm not liking the look of these at all.

Me neither.. The bottom just annoys me, I can't put my finger on exactly why yet.. It just looks like someone took a hammer and gave it a good smash before sending them out.. Oh well, I guess it is a matter of preference.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Me neither.. The bottom just annoys me, I can't put my finger on exactly why yet.. It just looks like someone took a hammer and gave it a good smash before sending them out.. Oh well, I guess it is a matter of preference.

Form often follows function, though. I'm sure there's a reason behind the shape, because I don't see how anyone would shape it that way based purely on aesthetics. My MP H4s are pretty ugly, but man do I love those long irons.

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

That indent doesn't look there in this image. I wonder if it was just the lighting playing tricks?

RT @MyGolfSpy: FIRST LOOK! - The @Golf_Mizuno MP-25 Irons

VIEW MORE: mygolfspy.com/spy-pics-mizun…

#myGolfSpy #TheOpen pic.twitter.com/gkf3y2OGco

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I could see myself hitting these. Lefty version?

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 3 weeks later...

Yes, there will be a lefty version of the MP 25's and S 5's  both should be available on 9-18-2015.

Joe Paradiso

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lihu

Yes, there will be a lefty version of the MP 25's and S 5's  both should be available on 9-18-2015.

Nice! :-)

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 1 month later...

A guy in the traveling league I play in just got these, so I saw them in person today. The pictures do not do them justice... They look really nice in person. Didn't get the chance to take a few shots with them, but maybe in the coming weeks. He's only had them a week, but says he very happy with them

• 2 weeks later...

I spent a little time hitting the MP-25, AP2, Titleist MB and Callaway Apex MB. I hit all 4 sets with 3 balls per club with a launch monitor.

The MP-25 seemed at first look to be like the Ping i20/25/i style clubs when I tested them without looking at the dispersion patterns. I was wrong. While it is a really solid club with nicely fitted project X stiff shafts, it was not quite as tight as I thought it should be. It is a distance club. It does hit farther than the equivalent AP2 and the MB that I tested, but if you can't hit the sweet spot very well then the distances do change pretty radically. For instance, a 1/2" mishit could change the distance by up to 10 yards. In this regard, it was not much better than the MB irons that I tested. It just lacked the "sting".

Anyone over a 10 handicap will probably be better off with a more forgiving club. Even with mishits it feels very solid, but the result is far from desirable. It's not for me at the moment. . .

BTW, the Apex MB is a really nice club. I hit it pretty nicely at the shop, but I will not fall victim to the deadly sirens of "I can kind of hit this club, so take it to the course. . ."

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Those heads being heavier could be a great fit with a dynamic gold x-100 for a stronger player. I hate heavy heads and light shafts I feel it's a bad combo overall anyway these clubs look money I bet they feel great launch a bit higher and jump off the face Mizuno has the top 5 irons in the world.

Those heads being heavier could be a great fit with a dynamic gold x-100 for a stronger player. I hate heavy heads and light shafts I feel it's a bad combo overall anyway these clubs look money I bet they feel great launch a bit higher and jump off the face Mizuno has the top 5 irons in the world.

Yes, they pretty much jumped off the face. Even S300 would lower the flight on the shorter clubs. Really solid feel, though. I like them, but I doubt they will improve my game that much over the MP-52 clubs I currently use.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Forgot to upload this for comparison. The MP-25 look pretty awesome.

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Just ordered a set of MP 25 4 - PW with the Nippon NS Pro 950 - R shafts.

They are going to replace my MX-23 which I have had for over 8 years.

The finish is starting to come off my MX-23s and the groves are getting worn out in my 8, 9 and PW.

The pro (looks to be 25ish) doing my fitting had not heard of the MX-23s and was shocked that people actually kept the same irons for over 2 years.

Was going to compare the MP 54 with the MP 25 but was told I could no longer order the MP 54s.

So the MP 25 were the only MP irons available for the left handed golfer.

They did not have a set available to demo and could only hit the 6 iron that they use to fit you with the different shafts.

I have no idea how they will really perform so I am hoping for the best.

They sure look good.

Note: This thread is 3054 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!