IGNORED

What's the lowest score you have ever shot?

MasonAsher2014
Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanting to hear about your guy's amazing rounds for yourself personally both casual and competitive! Doesn't matter if it's a 65 or a 95, I want to hear about it! What made it so special? If you remember your stats include them and what the par was! A rough format should be like this and you should include some round info!

Lowest tournament round

Lowest casual round

What you remember most about it

Here's mine!

Lowest tournament - 71. Final round of the club championship, had probably 12 up and downs in this one with 14 1-putts! 2 birdies, par 72.

Lowest casual - 67. 5 birdies no bogeys! CR 70.5. Par 72

What I remember most was on the 67 going to the 18th green my dad said that if I made this putt I would have shot a 67 and I was surprised because I felt like I was even or 1-under. Just had played super consistent all day, had no clue of my score. Drained the 10 footer for a bird!

Let's hear yours!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tournament - 70 Casual - 71 I remember the tournament round was at scourge I had never played before, and I honestly had no expectations going into the round. I knew I was playing well, but didn't even think about my score until I walked off of 18, when I was surprised by how well I did

Tournament - 69

I shot a 2 under 69 on the second day of a tournament the morning after prom. I had been out until 3:30 in the morning with a 9:21 tee time, so I wasn't expecting much. I was too tired to focus on anything but the shot at hand.

Casual - 69

I shot a 3 under 69 once after going 5 under in the first four holes. I just remember wondering aloud about what the course record was and sunk my own ship, shooting 2 under on the front and 1 under on the back.

Tournament (only 4 rounds): 78 - Jul '13 Casual: 70 (even par) - May '11

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

Tournament:  73 (1 over par) (1989 Club Championship - 3rd round of 4)

Casual:  74 (2 over par)

Lowest 9:  33 (3 under par)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Lowest tournament: 75 (+3)

Lowest casual: 73 (+1)

Nothing special about the 75. One over on the front and two over on the back.

The 73 was tough because I bogied the 18th hole. :doh:

I have a number of 9 hole scores that are subpar, but I have never shot par or better for 18 holes. :cry:

Drivers: Bag 1 - TM R11 (10.5°); Bag 2 - Ping G5 (9°),
Fairway woods: #1 - TM RBZ Tour (14.5°) & TM System 2 Raylor (17°); #2 - TM Burner (15°) & TM V-Steel (18°)
Hybrid: #1 - TM Rocketballz (19°); #2 - Ping G5 (19°)
Irons: #1 - Ping i3+; #2 - Hogan Edge  (both 4-pw, +1" shaft)
Wedges: #1 - Ping i3+ U wedge (52°) & Ping Eye 2+ BeCu (60°); #2 - Ping ISI Sand BeCu (52°) & Cleveland CG11 lob (60°)
Putters: Ping B60i & Anser 2, Odyssey White Steel 2-Ball & White Hot XG #9, Lamkim Jumbp grips
Golf Balls: Titleist Pro V1, Bridgestone B330, Callaway SR1, Slazenger Grips: Lamkin Crossline
Golf Shoes: Footjoy & Adidas; Golf Glove: Footjoy StaSof®; Golf Bag: Ping Hoofer
I love this game! :-D

70 on a par 70, and it was many, many years ago.  It was some place in SoCal, and last time I was there the course was gone, and full of homes. I have never shot below par on a golf course.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Tournament - 68 in a mini-tour pro-am (Beat my pro) - Par 71

Lowest Score Casual Round- 67 - Par 71

Lowest 9 - 30 (2 birdies and 2 eagles) - Par 36 (6 under)

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Tournament - 68 in a mini-tour pro-am (Beat my pro) - Par 71

Lowest Score Casual Round- 67 - Par 71

Lowest 9 - 30 (2 birdies and 2 eagles) - Par 36 (6 under)

You stopped after 9 with that score????

79 - Pocono Manor East

That's a tough course! Really like it though!

In my bag:

Taylormade R11S Driver
Taylormade RBZ 3-wood
Nike VRS Irons 4-9
SM4 Titleist Vokey Wedges 47, 54, 58
College freshman playing golf at Wabash College in Indiana!

I find it so hard to beat the 90 barrier. I've had 42s and 43s but the other half would be at the high 40s.

This was me up until a few weeks ago. I kept having monster (for me) front or back 9's where I would shoot a 40 or 41 and then completely fall apart on the other 9. What really helped me was concentrating on keeping the ball away from danger. I would attack when I had to, but, for example, hole #10 on my home course is a nightmare for me. There are OB stakes to the right and long grass that eats up balls on the left. Put it together with a dogleg about 240 out and I could never make it through that hole without hitting 3 (or more!) off the tee. This last time I hit a 4 iron off the tee and ended up 3 putting for bogey. Instead of getting mad at the 3 putt, which was an extremely hard situation with a sloping uphill 60 footer to start, I just told myself to be happy with the bogey and moved on. Had my best round of the year after that. The other thing I focused on was really attacking the hole with my pitching. I am usually contact making good contact and getting within like 12 feet but I am past that type of contentment now. I am a good chipper and should expect to go up and down. It worked wonders for me.

You stopped after 9 with that score????

No, I shot 37 on the 2nd Nine (the 30 was during the lowest round I've had) - 67 which I've done twice.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

69 on a par 70. easy course. had 4 birdies and 3 bogeys.

it was a practice round on a friday afternoon for competition that next sunday.

with 3 of my team mates

Dirver: Mizuno JPX 825 9,5 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 65 g.
3 wood: Mizuno JPX 825 14 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 75 g.
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 825 18 Fujikura Orochi Red Eye Stiff 85 g. 
Irons: Mizuno MP 59 3 / PW KBS Tour stiff shaft ( Golf Pride Niion )
Wedges: Taylormade ATV Wedges 52 and 58 ( Golf Pride Niion )
putter: Taylormade ghost series 770 35 inch ( Super Stroke slim 3.0 )
Balls: Taylormade TP 5

Lowest Tournament: 76 (72.6 rating) Stableford, took 1st Gross, 2nd Net

Lowest Casual: 73 (+1)

Lowest 9: 34...was only planning to play 9 that day but had to keep going. Was -3 through 8 and took a bogey on #9.

On the back I fell apart, shot 42. I think I have a mental block about shooting par. Have had a few front 9s at or under par but can never keep it going on the back.

My best round ever was a 55.....on a tiny par 3 course, shot +1. :) On a 70-72 course, my best is a 74 on a 70. Only one other time breaking 80 (78 on a 71) but I hope to do this more often in the future!

I apologize for having a spam URL in my signature and will not do it again.

Lowest number was 69, par 71, Blue tees, Talamore (71.2/131), probably 6 or 7 years ago.  There's water crossing and down the left side on the tee shot, and at times I fight a quick hook.  When I hit my drive in the fairway, I knew I'd finish under par.  I did miss the green, but got up and down for par.

Lowest competition round was 70, par 72, Stoneleigh Golf Club, (71.0/132) Senior Club Championship last July.  Our par-5 last hole crosses water three times, and I was able to stay focused until I got my ball safely across the last creek and onto the green.  Then I started chuckling and almost shaking, knowing I was going to post such a low score.  Even better, I shot 76 the next day to tie for first, and took a very good player to the third playoff hole before finally missing a shot and losing.  The Senior Championship starts again in 9 days, I'm really looking forward to another chance.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Note: This thread is 3193 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!