IGNORED

What is the largest gap in scores you have posted in consecutive rounds?

Bama96
Note:Β This thread is 3184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

In my first (and only) junior amateur tournament, I played a full practice round and shot 83. The next day, during the tournament, I shot 102.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 |Β TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood |Β Edel 3-PW | 52Β° | 60Β° | Blade Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

15 strokes

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

About a month ago I played in a tournament in the morning and shot an 88. Went out again on the same course that afternoon, played the next tees back, and shot a 102!

Grant K

:tmade: R1 Driver

:tmade: RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 3W

:nike: VRS Covert 2.0 Forged Irons 3-PW, AWΒ 

:cleve: CG15 56*

:titleist: Vokey 60*

:odyssey: Metal-X Milled #2

:callaway: Chrome Soft

85 Saturday

75 Sunday

Most recent one I can think of.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

My biggest gap was back in 2011 when I shot 78 on a Sunday then 96 the following Friday. Typically I'm within 5-7 shots these days. Occasionally I'll go 84-74 on the same course same tees Saturday to Sunday.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check outΒ Evolvr

:callaway:Β Rogue ST 10.5* |Β :callaway:Β Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade:Β P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist:Β 716Β AP2Β | Β :edel:Β Wedges 50/54/68 |Β :edel:Β Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67Β (18 holes),Β 32Β (9 holes)

I think 24 stroke difference wins it so far, and with a back to back round on a same day - see post #3 :-) .Β Β  6 years of golf and that's the best I can do for my claim to fame :8) .

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I think 24 stroke difference wins it so far, and with a back to back round on a same day - see post #3 :-) .Β Β  6 years of golf and that's the best I can do for my claim to fameΒ  :8) .

It looks like it.

I once shot 55-40.

As to the OT, I'm not really sure. Probably not much more than 10 strokes apart, really.

I once shot 36-50, and another time 53-37. Β And those are my ESC scores. Β If I was counting every shot on my blowup holes, the gap would have been more. Β Yikes!

In spring 2013 I had my then low round of 83. I was so full of confidence that I went into the office the next week and told my co-workers about it. My boss overheard me and suggested we go play a round the next day. Take the afternoon off work to play a round of golf? Sounded perfect to me.. But obviously the way this game works, I go out and shoot a 97. I was almost laughed off the course. Think it was just the stress of playing with my boss. To this day whenever I play a round with him (couple times a year) I just expect to shoot a couple shots higher than my averages.

38-47 on Sunday. Not as big as some but jeez, a stroke a hole worse from front to back? So pissed. Interestingly, if they were reversed, I'd be a lot happier. Damn golf.

In my Bag: Driver: Titelist 913 D3 9.5 deg. 3W: TaylorMade RBZ 14.5 3H: TaylorMade RBZ 18.5 4I - SW: TaylorMade R7 TP LW: Titelist Vokey 60 Putter: Odyssey 2-Ball

That would be my last two rounds, 101 & 86. I think I've finally learned to just keep the driver in the bag. I hit my 3 wood just about as far and I'm much more consistent.
my get up and go musta got up and went..

Just Monday I shot a 52-37... That's probably the largest front-back difference I've had in a long time. The second round I shot 42-42... Quite consistent I must say. I can shoot high 70's one round to mid-90's the next... Happens more often than I like

87 and 108 - my last two rounds. They are almost a month apart, yes. And the second round I got a full case of the shanks. That type of dispersion happens maybe once a year to me.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

79 followed by a 94.

Matt

Mid-Weight Heavy Putter
Cleveland Tour Action 60˚
Cleveland CG15 54˚
Nike Vapor Pro Combo, 4i-GW
Titleist 585h 19˚
Tour Edge Exotics XCG 15˚ 3 Wood
Taylormade R7 Quad 9.5˚

I improved 48 shots from my first round as a 9 yo to my 2nd round I ever played (1 year later as a 10 yo). The 140 the second year with some 4s and some 12s helped my dad & I win the callaway division of the Father-Son tournament. My last 2 rounds were 17+ strokes apart- 86 (adjusted) & 69 (no adjustments): 14 over on a 72.2/143 in a casual round last Friday hitting 11 GIR and even par yesterday in league on a 64.8/113 hitting 15 GIR.

:mizuno: MP-52 5-PW, :cobra: King Snake 4 iΒ 
:tmade: R11 Driver, 3 W & 5 W, :vokey:Β 52, 56 & 60 wedges
:seemore: putter

• 2 weeks later...

I shot my personal best, 86. The next day I started a round and was cruising along nicely (was looking to be my 2nd round in the 80's with 4 holes to go) but I had to cut it short due to a tee time I had made with some people, so I headed back to the 1st tee.

Parred the 1st two holes, than absolutely fell apart. Ended up with a 107 AFTER esc. I had 6 holes with 8+ strokes. Think I got tired.

It was pretty disheartening

Note:Β This thread is 3184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!