IGNORED

Longest Personal Drive?

supercow
Note:Β This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

320 downhill par 5, but it really didn't turn out that great because it overran the dogleg left :(

Driver: r7 460 TP 10.5 w/Ozik Altus SX
3 Wood: Tour Proto 14.5 w/Ozik Xcon7 SX
Hybrid: Tour Proto. A2TS 19 w/ Matrix Ozik Altus HB SX
Irons: R7tp w/project x 6.0
Wedges: spin milled 56 w/ Proj. x 5.5 XTour60putter: Monza CorzaBall: Pro V1/ whatevers in my bag.

About 310 yards, a couple weeks ago. Cut the corner of a dog leg left (a place where I normally hit 3 iron to put the ball in play - but I was thinking eagle all the way), overshot the fair way, went over the far side, down the hill and into the trees. Ended up getting a 6 on that hole.

Another one that gives it a run for it's money was another 310-ish drive - down hill, though. 330 yard hole and I was only a chip away.

I drive the ball about 250 on average.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

today at pacific grove golf course, on a 355 yard par 4, i hit on about 30 yards short of the hole. so for all you non-math majors out there, thats 325 yards. it was right on the screws, since i usually averege around 260.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Just about 320.. was awesome and everyone turned around from the sound of the FT-i..
even my pro was shocked.. (hes a burner fan)
Whats in my bag?
Bag: Terrafirma X Tour Edition Stand Bag
Driver#1 - FT-i 10
Driver#2 - FT-5 10
Irons (5-SW): Fusion Wide Sole Graphite RegularHybrid Fusion #4 HybridWood Fusion #3 & #5 Fairway WoodPutter: White Hot XG 2 ball Tour EditionCurrent Balls: D2 & HX Hot & Tour 56

I put a ball in a greenside bunker one day on a 380y Par 4, but it was downhill, windy and I got a damn-near miraculous cart path skip on the way. I did pop it pretty good though, so I'll take a little bit of he credit! ;)

But as far as non "hand-of-God" kinda things, My longest was about 270y on the range. I usually hit my driver a lot more like 220-230y (sometimes 65y sideways, don't we all).

My best drive measured 345 by the GPS on the cart, it was on a hole that was slightly uphill from a slightly elevated tee. It was on a hole that I had already hit my own ball but one of my friends wanted me to try his new R7 SuperQuad so I tee'd another ball and smoked that one. Unfortunately I had to just go pick it up, right dead center of the fairway too, a good 40 to 50 yards past my ball (which was in the right rough).

So far I've resisted the temptation of picking up a SuperQuad.
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

In my almost month of playing, 230 or so with a 4 iron. My driver stays at home for now. Though at the driving range, with my driver, I've hit it past the 250 marker a couple times, by sheer luck of course. Usually those go wide right or short and straight hehe.

394 downwind on a course in Texas. The fairways were pretty hard. When my ball landed, it bounced about 20ft in the air. I probably got about 50 to 60 yards of roll at least
In My Bag:

Driver: taylormade.gif R11 TP 9˚ -Diamana Kai'li 65
Woods: cleveland.gif Launcher FL 13˚
Hybrids: titleist.gif909H 19˚, 24˚Irons: mizuno.gif MP-53  5-P Wedges:  mizuno.gif MP-T11 50, 54 titleist.gifBlack Nickel 58.08 Putter: cleveland.gifClassic Black Platinum #2 Ball: titleist.gif ProV1x -  Hole-in-one 4/17/09 www.colonialcountryclub.org

I'm guessing my longest was about 260-270. No real way to measure for me, just estimating from the yardage markers. I seem to be hitting like a few of you about 220-240 depending on conditions.
I'm only at 13 clubs in the bag, what do you reccomend as a 14th? My foot wedge?

In the bag:
Driver - HiBore XL 10.5* Reg. Flex Fit- on Fuji GoldWoods - Tightlies GT2: 3 wood 15* & 5 wood 19* Surpass 7 wood 24*Irons - Eye 2 4-PW & a cheesey 1 iron blade I use for punch...

Well this may be unbelievable but my personal best was on a par 5(517yds) at the Grand Centre golf & country club about 20 years ago. The drive was 430 yds. right down the middle, and yes there was a 15 to 20 mph wind behind me.

I have three: All of which were when I was younger, stronger and more flexible. I was also a 36 back then so I will take the extra 19 shots in exchange for losing some distance.

Legit: 352 yards on a reasonably flat 400 yard par 4.

Non-legit: 406 yards. It was a par 4 where you hit up a hill. It takes a drive of about 250 to carry the top of the hill. At the top the fairway drops back down to the green. There is about a 100 foot elevation change from there to the green. I aimed up the left side for a fade and hit it relatively straight. My ball landed in the left rough and apparently hopped a little left and rolled down the cart path all the way to the rough just left of the green. We were at the top of the hill looking for my ball when the group on the green whistles and points to my ball. I was laughing so hard I barely got my eagle attempt on the green and saved birdie.

Unmeasureable: I hit a drive on a hole that was marked 330. My ball cleared the green and was out of bounds in someones yard behind the green. We figured it to be 350+.
Driver: 9.5Β° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.Β° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0Β° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0Β° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58Β° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Legit: About 290, straight down the middle on a 500yd par 5. Blasted it. Second shot on the green (roller) and then eagle. During high school team tryouts as well, which was nice.

Not legit: 360, down a large hill w/ a BS driver. This year I'll be playing at the same place for a tourny, so I'll do better there.
WITB

Driver - Taylormade r7 Quad 10.5˚ Fujijura E360 Stiff
Woods - Sonartec SS 2.5 13˚ HST Penley Tour Stiff
Hybrid - Sonartec HB-001 19˚ HST Penley Tour StiffIrons - Mizuno MP-67 Forged 4-PW, DGS300Wedges - Callaway Forged 50˚ and 54˚, Walter Hagen 60˚Putter - Nike T130 O/S Mallet Ctr Shaft 33"B...

longest: 506 yd par 5, 120 out = 386. good 10-15 mph wind behind me but flat fairway.
longest carry: 340 in the air, landed and stuck in a uphill lie.
best drive: drove the green on a 342 yd par 4 (birdie)

391. 557 yard Par 5. Not much wind and the hole was relatively flat until about 100 yards from the green.

Driver: 905R 9.5*
3-wood: 906F 13*
Irons: Forged Blades
Wedges: Black Satin SV Tour 52* , 56*, 60*
Putter: FuturaBall: ProV1x or One Platinum---------------------------------------------------------My 2008 Tournament Qualifiers:Tennessee State Match Play - Qualified - July...

• 3 weeks later...
I just got my longest personal yesterday. All mine were legit, ive never had a non legit because there are no holes at my course with crazy elevation.

Yesterday i was on a 325 yard par 4, and found my ball 3-5 yards away from the front of the green, so im figuring it was around 315. My longest drive so far.

Then, they guy behind us smokes a ball which lands on the green in the air, and rolls onto the rough. He creamed it, he was telling us how he got a 320 yard par 4 hole in one.... His drink tab at the end of the round was 380 dollars.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5Β°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15Β°
5 Wood: r7 19Β° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60Β°Wedge: Z TP 54Β°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

Non legit: 420. But it was with rock hard fairways, about a 30 yard elevation change, downhill, and gale force winds behind us. It was a 430 yard par four and I birdied it.

Legit: 340.
In the Bag
Driver: FT-3 Fusion Driver
Fairway Woods: FT-3 Fusion 5 Wood
Hybrids: FT Fusion Hybrid
Irons: ZB Forged 4-PWWedges: X-Tour (52,56,60)Putter: Rossa Daytona 1

439 yards, GPS measured. Slightly downhill but no wind. It was a 600 yard par 5, I hit 9 iron on and two putted for birdie. I just crushed it and it hit on the back side off some hills that sit in the middle of the fairway about 375 out. The marshall saw it and said the ball landed, took one high bounce straight forward about 20 yards, and then ran like it stole something.

DannyΒ  Β  In my :ping:Β Hoofer Tour golf bag on myΒ :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:Β Β Β :pxg:Β 0311 Gen 5Β  X-Stiff.Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β Β Irons:Β Β :callaway:Β 4-PW APEX TCB IronsΒ 
3Β Wood:Β :callaway:Β MavrikΒ SZ RogueΒ X-StiffΒ  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Β  Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter:Β :odyssey:Β Β 2-Ball Ten Arm LockΒ  Β  Β  Β Β Ball:Β :titleist: ProV 1

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

About 265. Im only 14 so dont laugh. I live in Kansas so it is always really windy. Hole was slightly downhill, wind about 15 mph.
What's In My 2006 r7 Stand Bag...

r7 XR Japan 10.5
200 Series 3 Wood
Burner Rescue 3 rac HT 4-PW rac fe2o3 56*,60* Rossa Daytona 1 Sport hat w/ Adidas Apparel

Note:Β This thread is 3354 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!