IGNORED

Titleist Introduces 716 Line of Irons and Hybrids

Note: This thread is 3074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Basically what the chart shows, they feel it helps create more distance separation with the longer clubs.

I guess not knowing what the lofts are on my current set, it makes it hard to contrast.

I'll get a better sense at a fitting where they use a launch monitor how far the PW goes compared to mine which goes about 130.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Basically what the chart shows, they feel it helps create more distance separation with the longer clubs.

It probably does, but it creates a need for an extra club on the high end of the bag. And the problem it's solving is debatable, since the long clubs where the gaps start falling apart are being replaced by hybrids anyway (and they're the ones pushing for that change themselves). So I'm not sure it's the best way to go.

I guess not knowing what the lofts are on my current set, it makes it hard to contrast.

I'll get a better sense at a fitting where they use a launch monitor how far the PW goes compared to mine which goes about 130.

Same here. Now if the new PW goes 135 and the 52° or whatever you have still goes about 115, you have to debate between getting their W1 and losing a club you like from elsewhere in your bag, or going all in on http://thesandtrap.com/t/82268/how-to-flight-your-wedges-and-short-irons

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Same here. Now if the new PW goes 135 and the 52° or whatever you have still goes about 115, you have to debate between getting their W1 and losing a club you like from elsewhere in your bag, or going all in on http://thesandtrap.com/t/82268/how-to-flight-your-wedges-and-short-irons

Yeah, I mean, ideally, they're W1 goes what my GW goes now and their W2 goes what my SW goes now - then no changes would be required.

Christian

Did he film this after he reviewed the irons this time? I love Mark, but he did a special on the M1 driver having not hit it, seen it, or read the press materials carefully and it was kind of ridiculous.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

Did he film this after he reviewed the irons this time? I love Mark, but he did a special on the M1 driver having not hit it, seen it, or read the press materials carefully and it was kind of ridiculous.

Yes, I believe so because this one he did live yesterday and then uploaded it and he tested out the 716's a couple of days ago.

Christian

I swear, British people can be awesome.

Check out this very thorough review of the 716 MB's.

Yeah, basically. If the MBs are right for you, you don't need a youtube review to tell you.

• Upvote 1

Dom's Sticks:

The MB's were a lot of fun to hit. Really nice sole design, leading edge doesn't "stick" in the ground the way some others do. They call it a pre-worn leading edge.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I hit the MB's and CB's today, they were both really nice clubs and as you can see in the pictures, great looking.  I hit them both well but could tell the MB's were too much club for my swing.  When I hit them well they had a really nice ball flight but when I missed the sweet spot they penalized me more than my 850 Forged.

The CB's were a bit more forgiving and I felt more comfortable swinging them.   Despite both the CB and MB having a higher MPF than the Mizuno MP-25's I thought the Mizuno's were more forgiving or I just hit them better.

If I was going to buy any Titleist irons, I'd go with the AP2's.

Joe Paradiso

I hit the MB's and CB's today, they were both really nice clubs and as you can see in the pictures, great looking.  I hit them both well but could tell the MB's were too much club for my swing.  When I hit them well they had a really nice ball flight but when I missed the sweet spot they penalized me more than my 850 Forged. The CB's were a bit more forgiving and I felt more comfortable swinging them.   Despite both the CB and MB having a higher MPF than the Mizuno MP-25's I thought the Mizuno's were more forgiving or I just hit them better. If I was going to buy any Titleist irons, I'd go with the AP2's.

Where did you get a chance to hit the clubs? The reason I ask is because I'm headed downstate to Long Island tomorrow and if it was at the PGA superstore or something like that, I'd love to hit a few.

Christian

Where did you get a chance to hit the clubs?

The reason I ask is because I'm headed downstate to Long Island tomorrow and if it was at the PGA superstore or something like that, I'd love to hit a few.

I do marketing for a local golf store and met with the Titleist rep.  I don't know if PGA superstore  or others have received their fitting carts yet.

Joe Paradiso

I do marketing for a local golf store and met with the Titleist rep.  I don't know if PGA superstore  or others have received their fitting carts yet.

Ahh, nice. Can't hurt to stop into the store tomorrow.

Christian

Ahh, nice.

Can't hurt to stop into the store tomorrow.

Usually if they post the clubs on the product pages of their website the stores will have been provided their fitting carts so I think it's likely you will be able to hit them.

Joe Paradiso

Usually if they post the clubs on the product pages of their website the stores will have been provided their fitting carts so I think it's likely you will be able to hit them.

I haven't checked out their site. I'll probably go check it out anyway. I heard it's pretty cool.

Christian

• 1 month later...

Just to bump this thread....

I'm going to be getting fit for the 716 AP2's tomorrow in Kansas City. I have a great wife. 

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Just to bump this thread....

I'm going to be getting fit for the 716 AP2's tomorrow in Kansas City. I have a great wife. 

Cool. Let us know how it goes.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Note: This thread is 3074 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!