IGNORED

2015 SoCal Fall Outing Thread at Eagle Glen, Oct 11

jefkve
Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So, looks like it'll be a bit warm out there next weekend...

weather.PNG

It would be nice if it were a bit less humid.  Temperature seems fine though.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

It would be nice if it were a bit less humid.  Temperature seems fine though.

So pretty much exactly like our first day of golf in Phoenix a few weeks ago.  Piece of cake! :)

So pretty much exactly like our first day of golf in Phoenix a few weeks ago.  Piece of cake! :)

Yeah and that was the "cool" day :-P

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

I do have some health issues with the heat.  So with this heat I'll definitely be in a cart.. My cut-off for a cart is about 80 degrees.  Not sure if you all walk or ride.

Eagle Glen has some long treks between holes and I'm sure like most of the courses in the area, greens fees include the cart.  We're all riding. :beer:

(edited)

Updated my index....Hopefully can play a bit better than that come Sunday...

Edited by jefkve

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

I think these will be the groups. Do you guys want to do the points with the foursome like we normally do or switch it up and do twosomes? Like these guys did.
http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/83538-2015-tst-erieclevelandpittsburghetc-outing-frisat-sept-1819/?page=8#comment-363455

@mvmac
@No Mulligans
@jefkve
@Shindig

@Golfingdad 
@tristanhilton85
@Bechambo 
@Ringworld

Also, everyone who is attending please add your name below and include your handicap index.

@mvmac 1

Mike McLoughlin

• Administrator

I think these will be the groups. Do you guys want to do the points with the foursome like we normally do or switch it up and do twosomes? Like these guys did.
http://thesandtrap.com/forums/topic/83538-2015-tst-erieclevelandpittsburghetc-outing-frisat-sept-1819/?page=8#comment-363455

I really recommend doing it as twosomes if you have eight people. I think people at the one I hosted with @Rob Thompson liked doing it that way. We tried to balance the handicaps as best we could, too. 

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

@mvmac
@No Mulligans
@jefkve
@Shindig

@Golfingdad 
@tristanhilton85
@Bechambo 
@Ringworld

Also, everyone who is attending please add your name below and include your handicap index.

@mvmac 1

@Golfingdad 5.4

And I'd be up for trying twosomes as well.  4 teams is more of a competition than just two. :)

@mvmac 1
@Golfingdad 5.4
@No Mulligans 17.8

@jefkve 24

@Shindig 13.5 as of Oct 1 (trend index and club index are lower if you prefer).

My vote is for twosomes also.  Hopefully my partner won't have to carry me in the match this time (unlike a previous twosome outing).

Edit:  Anyone want to meet for breakfast before going to the course?

Edited by Shindig
suggesting breakfast

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Edit:  Anyone want to meet for breakfast before going to the course?

Got a place in mind?

"If you watch a game, it's fun. If you play it, it's recreation. If you work at it, it's golf."

Got a place in mind?

None in particular;  there's a Panera and a Corky's (I've never been to a Corky's, so I don't know how it is) not too far from the course.  If someone knows the area and can suggest some place, I have no attachment to my suggestions (I just saw them on Google Maps is all).

-- Michael | My swing! 

My handicap is 9.4, I'll get @Bechambo's later today

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Since we're doing twosomes the groups are going to be different than what I originally posted. We'll be playing the combo tees.

@mvmac 1.3 * 134/113 * 80% =  1

@No Mulligans 17.8 * 134/113 * 80% = 17

@Golfingdad 5.4 * 134/113 * 80% = 5

@Shindig 13.5 * 134/113 * 80% = 13

@Bechambo 0

@jefkve 24 * 134/113 * 80% =  23

@Ringworld 9.1 * 134/113 * 80% = 9

@tristanhilton85  9.4 * 134/113 * 80% = 9 

Group 1

@Bechambo (0) and @jefkve (23)

@Ringworld (9) and @tristanhilton85 (8) 

Group 2

@mvmac (1) and  @No Mulligans (17)

@Golfingdad (5) and @Shindig (13) 

Bogey: 1 point

Par: 2 points

Birdie: 3 points

Eagle: 5 points

Albatross: 8 points

Mike McLoughlin

Looks good to me.

Did anyone else end up wanting breakfast tomorrow morning?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Note: This thread is 3077 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!