IGNORED

Pure grips...slippery?

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm literally on the second tee waiting and after a round of golf Sunday and a quick warm up and one hole, I'm confident that my new Pure Grips are not as "grippy" as the 7 year old stock Titleist golf pride grips. I like the look and feel of my new grips, but my hands are slipping. I don't wear a glove and never had this issue with my golf pride grips. Anyone else have a similar experience? Would kinda suck to have them changed after I had them personalized and everything from Pure Grips.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm literally on the second tee waiting and after a round of golf Sunday and a quick warm up and one hole, I'm confident that my new Pure Grips are not as "grippy" as the 7 year old stock Titleist golf pride grips. I like the look and feel of my new grips, but my hands are slipping. I don't wear a glove and never had this issue with my golf pride grips. Anyone else have a similar experience? Would kinda suck to have them changed after I had them personalized and everything from Pure Grips.

I don't wear gloves either and I don't have this issue at all. I have clubs with old Golf Pride grips, too, and they are nowhere near as tacky as my Pure Pros.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

These are the pure pros. Weird. I feel like if my hands are sweaty the grips hold the moisture whereas my golf pride grips did not.

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Yes! Sorry my first post is a critique, but I've had the exact same experience. I purchased and installed Pure Pro's over the winter, and during the cooler weather early in the season they were great, but now that it's hot and humid out they can get very slick after a few holes. It's to the point where it feels like the club is twisting in my hands during the transition. I've tried wiping them down before every shot and cleaning with Windex every few rounds but the problem remains. I have never had this much trouble with other grips. Another strange thing that's happened is that the grips have twisted quite a bit on some clubs (especially the longer ones). The PURE logo on my driver was very bowed, for example, and the top and bottom alignment marks were way off from each other even though I had lined them up during installation. I used a wrap of blue painter's tape to build them up just slightly but that hasn't shifted at all. It doesn't really bother me but it seems like another thing that isn't supposed to happen. I emailed customer service and they told me that they recently changed the formula of the rubber and that they would send me replacements to try. I'll provide an update once I've had a chance to test them out. I really like the concept of the grips and their performance in dry weather is great, so I'm hoping for the best.

Yes! Sorry my first post is a critique, but I've had the exact same experience. I purchased and installed Pure Pro's over the winter, and during the cooler weather early in the season they were great, but now that it's hot and humid out they can get very slick after a few holes. It's to the point where it feels like the club is twisting in my hands during the transition. I've tried wiping them down before every shot and cleaning with Windex every few rounds but the problem remains. I have never had this much trouble with other grips. Another strange thing that's happened is that the grips have twisted quite a bit on some clubs (especially the longer ones). The PURE logo on my driver was very bowed, for example, and the top and bottom alignment marks were way off from each other even though I had lined them up during installation. I used a wrap of blue painter's tape to build them up just slightly but that hasn't shifted at all. It doesn't really bother me but it seems like another thing that isn't supposed to happen. I emailed customer service and they told me that they recently changed the formula of the rubber and that they would send me replacements to try. I'll provide an update once I've had a chance to test them out. I really like the concept of the grips and their performance in dry weather is great, so I'm hoping for the best.

Please let me know how they work out for you. I had my grips customized so I'm wondering if that process might have caused an issue. If the new ones you get are much better let me know and I'll send them an email. I'll just chalk it up to humidity at this point.

Kyle Paulhus

I play a lot in the heat and sweat a lot and I don't always wear a glove. Every once in a while, I notice the Pure's get just a little slick... If you wipe 'em down and dry them, they'll get tacky again.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I've never had issues with my Pure Pros gloveless, but people's hands and grips are different. Some grips might not work as well for others.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

I play a lot in the heat and sweat a lot and I don't always wear a glove. Every once in a while, I notice the Pure's get just a little slick... If you wipe 'em down and dry them, they'll get tacky again.

This is exactly what I do.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that ... I definitely wipe them down all the time and that has certainly helped.

I'll give em another couple of rounds. Just not used to having to actually care for my grips. They've just always been tacky. If they don't work out, oh well.

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

I'll give em another couple of rounds. Just not used to having to actually care for my grips. They've just always been tacky. If they don't work out, oh well.

Yeah, something's wrong with them or something. I go gloveless and so do some friends, and they use year-old PURE grips (HEAVILY used) that are tackier than grips from other companies after a week.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Do your grips have the white painted rings at both ends?  I was told that on the grips using the newer compound, which they are sending me to try, the rings are unpainted and only the logo uses white.

I'm hoping they just had a bad batch or maybe briefly tried a different formula that didn't work out.

I'm literally on the second tee waiting and after a round of golf Sunday and a quick warm up and one hole, I'm confident that my new Pure Grips are not as "grippy" as the 7 year old stock Titleist golf pride grips.

I like the look and feel of my new grips, but my hands are slipping. I don't wear a glove and never had this issue with my golf pride grips.

Anyone else have a similar experience? Would kinda suck to have them changed after I had them personalized and everything from Pure Grips.

First question since they are new. Did you wash them after they were gripped?

I keep a towel in my bag just to dry off grips.

Every week, more frequently in the summer, I rinse with water, scrub with a brush, and wipe down.

With Pure, mine lasted a year before they were a little slick too often. But I am on the range a lot.

During the summer, most grips will get moist near the top, and then moisture will proceed downwards. I use wristbands to keep the sweat from my wrists off my hands, especially at the range. During the summer, when playing, I use a glove.

During the winter, I had no issue with Pure grips.

I've gone to Lamkin UTx since that time, with a cord, and am even thinking about Winn Grips in the irons ... sweat is an issue for range rats... Lamkin has a Justin Rose Tour Grip available with build up in the lower hand that I use for wedges -- like that grip - an ACE REL of some kind

But Pure Grips are fine - found that  I need to replace them every year.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I found the Pure Grips to be slightly slippery the first few times I used them. I would recommend just given them a scrub down with some soap and water. After that they are very easy to hold even in hot weather.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Here are my grips. I have not washed them yet, but I'll give that a try to see if it makes me sticky. Disclaimer*** Joey G is one of my best friends and while thousands of dollars has been exchanged between us, we're basically even. Lol

• Upvote 1

Kyle Paulhus

• Administrator

I've had my PURE Pros for two years. Still sticky as anything.

Yeah, that's kind of where I am at with them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 3039 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!