IGNORED

Bridgestone e5 vs e6

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone played the e5 and e6? I know the e6 is supposed to have lower side spin to reduce hooks and slices, but also does not have as much spin around the greens compared to the e5. If you've played the e6, how did you find the spin on the green? Was it ok but just not quite as good as others, or was it basically like playing a rock?

Definitely not a rock. I play them now. Changed over from TPBlack which really spun. E6 doesn't have as much spin but I don't have problems holding greens and spinning them. They're just not quite as hot, spin wise.

The e6 has been my favorite ball for over two years.  It won't hop and stop like a tour ball, but it doesn't have any trouble holding greens.  I'm not a high spin player and not good enough to be a pin hunter, so most of my shots onto the green are bump and runs or short pitches where I play the run anyway, so I like the rollout I get from the e6.  Feels great off the putter too, definitely not a rock.  I've played a few other comparable balls (Titleist NXT Tour, Callaway Chrome, Srixon Soft Feel, Bridgestone e7, etc.) and I like the feel of the e6 better than any of them.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The cool thing about the e6 is that even though it is a low spinning ball, it has a soft feel.  The e5 is a higher launching/higher spinning ball, so it will have more bite around the greens and is a good choice if you have a low trajectory.  If you fight a slice or hook it will tend to curve more though.  It's a heck of a ball in my opinion. The e6 doesn't spin as much, but that's one of the reasons it's so long and straight.  It's the softest multi-layer ball on the market so it has a nice feel but it lends itself to bump-and-run type shots around the green.

Bridgestone j40 445 w/ Graphite Design AD DJ-7
Callaway Steelhead Plus 3 wood w/ RCH Pro Series 3.2
Adams Idea Pro hybrids (3 & 4) w/ Aldila VS Proto 
Bridgestone j33 CB (5-PW) w/ original Rifle 5.5
Bridgestone West Coast 52*, j40 satin 56* & 60* w/ DG S-300
Odyssey White Hot XG #9
Bridgestone B330-RX

Bought a dozen E6 balls earlier in the year. Liked them off the tee and for long fairway shots. I didn't like them around the green.

DRIVER- Tour Edge EXS 220
3W- Adams Tight Lies 2
Hybrids- Cobra F8 19 *

Utility- Sub 70 699U #4
Irons - Sub 70 739 5-PW
Wedges- Tour Edge CB Pro 50, 54, 58
Putter- Cleveland Huntington Beach Soft #11

Ball- Titleist DT Trufeel

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks all, I'm not necessarily looking for tour quality bite on the greens, but I don't want a rock either (Pinnacle, etc). If it's straight, and *somewhat* soft on the greens, then great. I may just need to take one of each to the putting/chipping green and try then

Thanks all, I'm not necessarily looking for tour quality bite on the greens, but I don't want a rock either (Pinnacle, etc). If it's straight, and *somewhat* soft on the greens, then great. I may just need to take one of each to the putting/chipping green and try then

I wrote a very long review of the e5 in the equipment reviews section. It's a very good ball and I don't think you'll have a problem with it being too hard around the greens; the opposite was my experience.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

• 2 weeks later...
Really hope im not too late to help. Soft or spin? Big difference in my opinion. E6 is soft but doesnt spin much off the tee or around the greens. The e5 is a fantastic ball but it has a higher compression so feels more like a brick when struck. I always liked the feel off the putter with both but imho theyre are better choices for less coin. Nike pd soft, cally ss, and tf gamers along with anything wilson staff. But if u dont need lots of approach spin the e6 is a pretty solid performer but a bit overpriced if u ask me. Best of luck

Thanks Stealthhwk, I bought about 2 dozen used but good shape, about a dozen of each. Spin around the green I the e6 wasn't much but it was good enough, as long as I planned for it. Didn't feel great of the club face though. Spin on full approach shots was no problem. Going to play a round with the e5 and see how it goes!

Thanks Stealthhwk, I bought about 2 dozen used but good shape, about a dozen of each. Spin around the green I the e6 wasn't much but it was good enough, as long as I planned for it. Didn't feel great of the club face though. Spin on full approach shots was no problem. Going to play a round with the e5 and see how it goes!

Think i ve about had it with surlyn balls so i think i might have to grab a box of e5s and give em another shot. Tested them once long ago but stopped cus i was losing two sleeves or more every round. Now that I typically lose 1 sleeve or less it might be alright. Also plan on giving the top flite gamer tour a shot. With the current two for 35 at dsg, thats like 1.43 a ball which is dirt cheap for urethane.

I played both the e-5, and e-6 balls. They were ok, but eventually I tried the e-7 which is the better of the three in mho. I get a little more distance, and enough spin to make the e-7 quite playable around the green. I found all three to be about the same when putting.

I played the three switching back, and forth during about 20 rounds. Not a real scientific comparison, but enough to give me somewhat of an informed opinion.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

I played both the e-5, and e-6 balls. They were ok, but eventually I tried the e-7 which is the better of the three in mho. I get a little more distance, and enough spin to make the e-7 quite playable around the green. I found all three to be about the same when putting. I played the three switching back, and forth during about 20 rounds. Not a real scientific comparison, but enough to give me somewhat of an informed opinion.

I know a few guys who swear by the e7. Its no good for my game as the trajectory is too low and i cant get it to hold greens with anything longer than an 8 iron. And there are plenty of surlyn balls that i thought outperformed the e7 at 7-10 bucks cheaper. If its working for you be smart and STICK with it or u wind up like me. Lol

I don't care what Bridgestone says only their tour balls feel good. Even when I was a 15 handicap the 330-S worked better for me than any of the E balls. I've been using those again since I ran out of Kick X balls.

Dave :-)

I don't care what Bridgestone says only their tour balls feel good. Even when I was a 15 handicap the 330-S worked better for me than any of the E balls. I've been using those again since I ran out of Kick X balls.

From just a FEEL aspect id have to disagree. Theres just not a ball that FEELS better than the e6. Now in performance im not the biggest fan cus i cant keep the e6 on the greens or hit greenside floo shots close enough for my liking. But i think they they feel like hundred dollar bills when hit with a golf club. Now...if only they would spin

From just a FEEL aspect id have to disagree. Theres just not a ball that FEELS better than the e6. Now in performance im not the biggest fan cus i cant keep the e6 on the greens or hit greenside floo shots close enough for my liking. But i think they they feel like hundred dollar bills when hit with a golf club. Now...if only they would spin

I myself don't like how the e6 feels, I also prefer the feel of Bridgestone's tour balls to them. I will say that they're a great lower-priced ball though and I used to play them when I had issues with a slice (I had no hope of keeping a ProV1 for more than a couple holes at the time).

I briefly tried both about five years ago so neither were current models. The E5 had adequate spin but flew too high and was shorter than normal. I also didn't like the feel. The E6 had almost non-existent spin coming into greens (by design however). Neither ball fit my game.

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!