IGNORED

2015 TST Erie/Cleveland/Pittsburgh/Etc.. Outing Fri/Sat Sept. 18/19

iacas
Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

@Rob Thompson has graciously agreed to host the 2015 TST Outing for this area (whatever area this is…).

Rob is the head pro at Eagle Creek Golf Course in Norwalk, Ohio. That's where we'll be doing it this time around.

Here's the tentative schedule:

Friday, September 18:

Noon - 5pm - Visit us on the range or hang out as I'll have my high-speed camera and will be working with anyone who wants a little work at a substantial discount. If enough people have not taken an AimPoint Express class, we can do that as well.

5:30pm (approx) - 9-hole one-club scramble. Each team will have one club and will play the front nine holes. Teams may be 3 or 4 players (TBD). This will serve as an introduction to the front nine. We may drive the back nine to "check out" the course after that or, if we can play quickly enough, will play some of them too.

9:00pm - Dinner at the course. The restaurant inside is quite good.

Saturday, September 19:

9:10am - The first tee time is at 9:10am. We have spots reserved for up to 20 people (five tee times). We'll play the same type of 80% handicap, best-3-of-4 scores (or best 2-of-3 if that makes for better teams) modified Southern Point competition. The winning team will likely earn a small prize/reward, with the person who won the most points on the day winning a different prize.

@Rob Thompson will have some information on lodging.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is great, I was a bit bummed thinking we wouldn't have anything this year due to the Newport Cup.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Norwalk is just close enough that it's a maybe and easier if I could sucker someone from down here into driving me. It will probably depend on total cost.

• Administrator
Feel free to post here or send a private message. I'll be following this thread. Looking forward to seeing everyone here!

@Rob Thompson will also fill us in here about the hotel he recommends.

Thanks again for having us.

Also, note: You don't have to attend BOTH of the events. If you can attend just one, that's cool. Hopefully it's the Saturday golf event, but if you can only do the Friday stuff, that's cool too.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Glad to see this happening this year. Last year was a blast. Count me in. :beer:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

• Administrator

Let's start making a list…

1. @iacas
  2. @Rob Thompson
  3. @saevel25
  4. @Jeremie Boop

Copy the list above and add your name to the list in your own post to keep a total.

Originally Posted by Hardspoon

I'm in, if you guys don't mind me being terrible at golf.  I might have the highest official handicap on the site...that should be a badge!

Haha, I was in a grumpy mood last night...long day at work.

Let's try this again: I'm glad this is happening, and I'm looking forward to meeting everyone! :beer:

1. @iacas
  2. @Rob Thompson

3. @saevel25
  4. @Jeremie Boop
  5. @Hardspoon

- John

If I just do the Saturday should I just figure Eagle Creek's posted rack rate? Going up on a Friday at that time of year is probably a stretch from a work stand point and popping for a hotel sounds prohibitive.

• Administrator
If I just do the Saturday should I just figure Eagle Creek's posted rack rate?

Going up on a Friday at that time of year is probably a stretch from a work stand point and popping for a hotel sounds prohibitive.

Well, far be it from me to tell someone how to spend their money, but many will choose to:

a) take half a day off work possibly

b) carpool with others from their area

c) split the hotel room with others they already know somewhat

That said, if you can make it on Saturday, we'll see you on Saturday. Add your name to the list if so.

I can't speak to what the rate will be. We'll probably see a little discount but we will pay for a few small prizes, so… sure, rack rate might be a good approximation.

I would not be able to get there for the noon-5pm stuff, there's no way I can leave work that early as my back up is already scheduled to be out of the office for a work related conference. If I'm lucky with traffic and push it on speed I could probably make it there right about 5:30 for the one club 9 hole scramble thing. If I'm not lucky it would be closer to 5:45. That said, I may still see if I can swing getting out a little early so I can make sure to get there before 5:30.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I will probably get there right around 1pm...I'm going to leave first thing in the morning, but I want to stop in Columbus to have breakfast/brunch with an old colleague who works out there now.

- John

Ohh, wish I could do this... will be with wife in Napa! Last year was great... Enjoy and take pics and post..

Vishal S.

I would not be able to get there for the noon-5pm stuff, there's no way I can leave work that early as my back up is already scheduled to be out of the office for a work related conference. If I'm lucky with traffic and push it on speed I could probably make it there right about 5:30 for the one club 9 hole scramble thing. If I'm not lucky it would be closer to 5:45. That said, I may still see if I can swing getting out a little early so I can make sure to get there before 5:30.

After discussing it with my supervisor, I was given permission to leave 1/2 day on Friday so I will be able to get there by right around 2 pm.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

I'm very interested, although I'll have to check with the wife and kids.  We won't know what their schedules will look like until school and sports gets going in the fall.

It looks like it's about a 6 hour drive for me, from the Maryland side of DC.  What time do you think things would finish up on Saturday?  Anyways, if it runs late I can always bail a bit early.  I just hope to get home at a not insane hour, say midnight or 1 am.  If anyone else around DC is interested in carpool, that'd be great.

10.5 deg Ping G30, Callaway X2 Hot Pro 3W, Taylor Made Rescue 3H, Ping G30 irons
Cleveland TA 900 SW, Mizuno T-Zoid LW, Odyssey DF Rossie I

http://golfshot.com/members/0622056080

• Administrator

It looks like it's about a 6 hour drive for me, from the Maryland side of DC.  What time do you think things would finish up on Saturday?  Anyways, if it runs late I can always bail a bit early.  I just hope to get home at a not insane hour, say midnight or 1 am.  If anyone else around DC is interested in carpool, that'd be great.

It won't last long after the golf is over Saturday. I'll stick around and have some dinner/lunch there. That's about it.

If you are coming from DC there may be people interested in carpooling (or being picked up on the way across).

Note: This thread is 3134 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!