IGNORED

Good value ball

dsal89
Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

good afternoon, I'll start by saying that I enjoy hitting prov1s but I'm awful at following the ball from the tee and while my accuracy has gotten better I still hate losing balls that are quite expensive. What I'm looking for is something at or below the 25 dollar range. Balls for distance aren't needed as I am happy with my distance. What I do like is a spinny ball. I've never been one to slam it back 6 feet, I'm more of a hop and stopper and I do it most time on my pitches. I'm ok with a softer cover ball even though it'll get shredddd through a round, I can still repurpose those balls for practice. Thanks in advance

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a brand new yellow Chrome Soft 12 pack I tried to sell for around that price on EBay and Amazon with no success. But other than that, I hear good things about the Top Flight Gamers. I just bought a 12 pack of E6's for $14.99 at a sidewalk sale and I have to say I don't like them. They feel craooy off the tee, didn't have much bite, and get chewed up very quickly.

I've been playing TaylorMade Project (a) and I really like them.  The price is around $30/dz.  Good 3 piece ball with thin urethane cover that spins nice around the greens, but flies straight off the driver.  I order them online from Golfsmith.  The guy in the store says they have trouble getting them and they sell as fast as they come in - when I was in there on Monday the slot for the Project (a) balls was empty.

I figure TM will probably discontinue them, since they seem to perform as well as the Tour balls, but cost 1/3 less.  TM probably loses money from guys who would otherwise buy the Tour balls.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Thanks for the replies! Was actually looking at top flite balls but I'm gonna have to give those project a balls a look.

The other poster and I are talking about two different balls though, just to be clear.

Yeah, those are the ones that cost about $15/dz more. ;-)

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I'm aware. Read some reviews of the project a. Sounds great around the green which I like but not too great with mid and long irons and driver. A lot of people mentioned higher trajectories. I prefer lower trajectories. Any one play Nike rzn white?

if you're looking at top flite, the gamer is a good ball for the price.

I would tell you to look at taylor made lethal golf balls.  These are a surprisingly good ball and you can get 50 of them for 100 bucks from the taylor made website.   If you want to go used, you can find some ridiculous deals on these on occasions.

So then the Lethals have been discontinued? If you ever feel like splurging, you guys have to try the Performance Tours. I lost three of them today which is very odd for me and I was so sad lol.

So then the Lethals have been discontinued?

If you ever feel like splurging, you guys have to try the Performance Tours.

I lost three of them today which is very odd for me and I was so sad lol.

Taylor made changes the name of the golf ball every year.  The "original" lethal was the TP5 and the lethal replaced that.  I think now the tour preferred is the ball closest to the lethal.  the tour preferred balls are still expensive so that's why i go with the older ball that I play just fine.

If they are similar I would definitely take the plunge on that $100 deal. Hell I hope they rename the performance tours next year and do the same sale on this and I'll biuy $300 worth.

good afternoon,

I'll start by saying that I enjoy hitting prov1s but I'm awful at following the ball from the tee and while my accuracy has gotten better I still hate losing balls that are quite expensive.

Been there, done that. Switched to used golf balls and never looked back. No more angst about $4 down the drain for a lost ball.

I'm a fan of the Snell My Tour Ball.  I'm normally a ProV1 guy but tried these a few weeks ago and really like them.  Just bought 6 dozen.

I couldn't tell any difference in performance from a ProV.  They do seem to have a little bit of a "clickier" sound when struck, but saw no decrease in distance or performance around the green.  If I had any complaint with them is how well they hold up.  It could just be this particular lot, but the text and logo didn't seem to hold up well (see picture).  This was from only one round of golf and I didn't hit any cart paths or trees.  Cosmetic only and saw no impact to the ball performance, but I'm somewhat ADD about the appearance of the golf ball.

Also another questions.

The snell my tour balls. Yay nay? How does everyone like these?

Yea. Going to be tough to find a better ball, great value, quality and performance.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/balls/snell_my_tour_ball_review

http://thesandtrap.com/products/snell-golf-my-tour-ball

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Is there a "find the right ball for you" type website?

I just wonder if you could input a series of characteristics about your game, and they could give a list of balls that would best fit your needs?

Example:  I often hit a high tee shot costing myself distance.  Sometimes a fade or draw, not a lot of distance.  i hit my irons high as well.  Not a lot of back spin, but I don't get much release either, probably due more to the height than the spin.  I'm happy with my iron play, but would certainly like to have a better trajectory on my tee shot with some added distance.

I understand my swing could certainly use work, but what is the best ball for my current situation?  How does one find that info?  Maybe Im using a ball that hinders me?  I would have no idea.

Note: This thread is 3183 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!