IGNORED

2016 Masters Prediction: Day, Jordan and Rory

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will shoot the lowest score at the 2016 Masters?

• Jason Day
    • Rory McIlroy
    • Jordan Spieth

Out of these three players,

Rory McIlroy

Jordan Spieth

Jason Day

Who do you think is going to shoot the lowerst score at the 2016 Masters?

I'm going with Rory. Spieth will be banned for yelling at this ball and Day will have two little kids by them and be sleep deprived ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm going for Rory. He's been close this year. I think he's dedicated to getting that final major for the career grand slam.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Went with Rory too, 'cause I'm a homer. :-$

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

I'm going for Rory. He's been close this year. I think he's dedicated to getting that final major for the career grand slam.

that makes two of us... he is due to put that jacket on... in a way, it almost feels inevitable... plus he has suffered enough pain at the hands of the course, it is time that it rewarded him... :) actually, i think the only way he loses is if jason brings the game he had this week... and even then, i'd still give the edge to rory... if he is firing on all cylinders, he is still the best there is... the killer for jordan is that if both rory and jason bring their "a game" to augusta, their length advantage will come into play sooner or later... not that jordan is a singles hitter by any stretch of the imagination, but they are longer than him... just posted in another thread that the golf dream to get through the winter is for all 3 of them to hit augusta in top form with wins already in their pocket... please golf gods, make it so...

I voted Rory. I think Spieth and Day will hurt their ankles.

Wasn't Rickie in "the big three" just a few weeks ago? I have a feeling we are heading to an era of relative parity. Watson, Rose, DJ, Fowler, and some others will share the big tourneys equally. Not that many to go around, so each major will be a fight. Will be more exciting than just one or two dominant players, I think.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

I voted Rory. I think Spieth and Day will hurt their ankles.

Hope this isn't leading up to a Tonya Harding situation, haha.

I'm in for Spieth. I think he's the best of the three and he's already won and nearly won at Augusta.

I say Rory wins the par-3 contest and we have a 56 page thread about whether he's won the career grand slam.

Dom's Sticks:

Callaway X-24 10.5° Driver, Callaway Big Bertha 15° wood, Callaway XR 19° hybrid, Callaway X-24 24° hybrid, Callaway X-24 5i-9i, PING Glide PW 47°/12°, Cleveland REG 588 52°/08°, Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56°/13°, 60°/10°, Odyssey Versa Jailbird putter w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0 grip, Callaway Chev Stand Bag, Titleist Pro-V1x ball

[QUOTE name="RandallT" url="/t/83918/2016-masters-prediction-day-jordan-and-rory#post_1186819"]   I voted Rory. I think Spieth and Day will hurt their ankles.  [/QUOTE] Hope this isn't leading up to a Tonya Harding situation, haha. I'm in for Spieth. I think he's the best of the three and he's already won and nearly won at Augusta. I say Rory wins the par-3 contest and we have a 56 page thread about whether he's won the career grand slam.

:-D one can imagine the cbs crew discussing an "unfortunate incident" in hushed, reverential tones.... lol at the last part... you know it would happen too... :-D

Spieth for me.  I just think the guy loves Augusta and the course sets up perfect for not only his game but he will always have a positive frame of mind playing there.

Callaway XR 9.5 + 1, Taylormade R15 3 Wood, Burner 3 Rescue, Callaway XHot 5H, Warbird 4H, Nike Vapor Fly 6-AW Irons, Titleist Vokey 54, 60 Wedges, Taylormade Rossa Fontana Putter, Srixon Z-Star Tour Yellow.

Best Score 2017:  82 (Traditions at the Glen, Par 70)

Favorite Course - Conklin Players Club (Par 72) - Best Score 86

I vote Spieth. It just seems so textbook and classic a guy like Spieth wins at Augusta, gets numerous green jackets, etc. Its like once you have Augusta figured out, you really have a leg up on everyone else.

:tmade: R1 Driver
:tmade: Burner 18.5 Wood
:tmade: Rocketballz 19 Rescue

:mizuno: MP-59 4-PW Irons
:cleveland: CG16 52, 56
:cleveland: Classic Mallet Putter

:bridgestone: e5 Ball

2016 is like, light years away.

But, I'll still be on the Speith bandwagon.

Club Rat

Johnny Rocket - Let's Rock and Roll and play some golf !!!

Interesting that nobody has voted for Jason Day yet.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Interesting that nobody has voted for Jason Day yet.

#Underrated ;)

I think it's the winning of one major versus 2 or 3 majors. Really, Jason's great performances this year in the Majors (T28, T9, T2, 1) would be considered an amazing year for any golfer. I would be happy to see him pull off the Master's win next year. I just think this Master's is finally Rory's time. I get t he feeling he's going to be extra motivated now that he's been knocked of his perch at the top.

It would be awesome if all three of them were in contention on the back nine on Sunday. Three man playoff maybe ;)

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I also vote for Spieth even though Day showed big possibility to win this PGA championship especially for putting but still needs to compete with other 2 big guys.

Young Spieth has consistency in any games in this year so that I can look forward to seeing more beautiful rounds of him to keep that mood.

I'm going with Spieth just because he's shown a lot of consistency lately, but I wouldn't wager any money on it.  Any of those three are perfectly capable of lighting it up on any given day.

Mac

WITB:
Driver: Ping G30 (12*)
FW:  Ping K15 (3W, 5W)
Hybrids: Ping K15 (3H, 5H)
Irons: Ping K15 (6-UW)

Wedges: Cleveland 588 RTX CB (54*, 58*)

Putter: Ping Scottsdale w/ SS Slim 3.0

Ball: Bridgestone e6

Went with Rory too, 'cause I'm a homer.

Montreal is in Canada, not Northern Ireland last time I checked! :-)

I went with Spieth. The course fits his game a bit more. Distance is not such an advantage at Augusta.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Spieth.  He seems (so far) pretty consistent.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

I went with Spieth, but he won't win the tournament.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

(I misread--ok, didn ' t read --the question or probably would have said Spieth b/c of his consistency, but since my vote is in and for Rory...) I'm going with the "It's hard to repeat" argument. Rory has played Augusta well and will be hungry after an off-season dreaming of majors not won and probably having a few kick-arounds with his friends.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
--Groucho Marx

Note: This thread is 3121 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!