IGNORED

My Swing (Rafamoro)

Rafamoro
Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 6 years

My current handicap index or average score is: Index 10.8, but a little inconsistent
My typical ball flight is: Straight/Slice
The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice (plxxx kkk)

Videos:

Hey guys,

I'm having some problens with posting the videos of my swing here, someone could help me please? Then, I'm posting the links of my videos on the youtube.

I was hitting a driver 10.5 Cleveland Launcher and a Callaway X-14 3 iron

Well, I'm 20 and re-started to play golf now (when stopped with index 10.8), after 2 years out. In this way, I'm having a little problems to strike the ball consistently and slicing all the balls. What do you think of my swing? Clearly, one of my biggest problem is my left foot movement in the start of the backswing.

The last question is: with this swing, do you think that I can use some "players irons"? I was thinking to get something like Mizuno MP54, Titlest AP2, Titlest CB, Apex Pro

Thanks and sorry for the language (I'm brazilian) and if I descomplished any forum instruction.

[COLOR=F00][LIST=1] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] EMBED your videos below that. Just click the "video" icon in the toolbar to embed your videos. [/COLOR] [COLOR=FF0000] [*] Delete all of this red text before posting. Make sure the title is correct. [/COLOR] [/LIST] [/COLOR]

You should do those two things.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

@Rafamoro , I fixed your post. I understand there may be a language barrier, but please try :-)

BTW when you are using the basic editor (on mobile or something), you embed videos by using the command [video][/video], so it looks like this:

[video]youtubeurl[/video]

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

@Rafamoro

Thanks for posting the video. You have a pretty nice swing with a lot of power..

One thing I noticed is from watching your head and hips in the video. You are shifting back on the back swing. Your head moves back as do your hips. This means that you then need to shift all the way back to make good contact.  Check out the thread below. By keeping your hips turn centered and your head steady, you don't need to shift as far to get your weight forward at impact.

How to Make a Centered Hip Turn

In addition, flaring your feet a bit more at address with help you make a centered hip turn.

Why Flaring Your Feet at Address Makes Golf Easier

Lastly, check out the thread below too. The Five Simple Keys are not a swing method, but rather the key elements all good swings have. Steady head and weight forward are the first two and very important to emulate.

Introducing Five Simple Keys®

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Thanks for you opinion... I will work in this things to make better my swing... Another thing, what am I doing wrong to slice the majority of the balls (all the shots on the videos were slices)? Is this movement of head and hips? Looking the video, I realize that my line is wrong, do you agree with that? Thanks for everything

Thanks for you opinion... I will work in this things to make better my swing... Another thing, what am I doing wrong to slice the majority of the balls (all the shots on the videos were slices)? Is this movement of head and hips? Looking the video, I realize that my line is wrong, do you agree with that?

Thanks for everything

A slice is usually caused by the club path being out-to-in, sometimes called over-the-top, and the face being open to the path.  So to correct that, you want to get your club head path more outward and the face slightly closed to the path at impact.

The article below discusses this in detail including what we call the Ball Flight Laws . The direction the ball starts after you hit it is predominantly the direction the face is pointed at impact. The curve of the ball is mostly caused by the relationship the club head path has with respect to the face.

http://thesandtrap.com/b/playing_tips/ball_flight_laws

So to correct a slice, you need to correct the face and path relationship. The thread below is a great one.

For you, because you are swaying back, your club head path is coming back inward (inward would be moving left of target) before impact because you are trying to get your body back to the set up position. If you make a centered hip turn and don't move your head, your shift on the downswing will have your path be more outward at impact.

Imagine you are looking at your swing from directly above. Your swing path would be roughly a circle. When you sway back, the circle moves back in relation to the ball (to the right in the picture). So at impact, the circle is starting to move toward the left. By not swaying, the path is still moving toward the right of the target line.

Scott

My Swing Thread

@boogielicious

Thanks a lot for the help. Do you thing that my line (in the videos looks that my shoulder line, my hips line and my feet line aren't correct) is contributing for the slice? Also, I think that my left feet movement helps to the making my path swing out to in, what you think about.

Thanks and great shots for you

@boogielicious

Thanks a lot for the help. Do you thing that my line (in the videos looks that my shoulder line, my hips line and my feet line aren't correct) is contributing for the slice? Also, I think that my left feet movement helps to the making my path swing out to in, what you think about.

Thanks and great shots for you

I think it is related to your hips and head moving backward in the back swing. Work on centering your turn and not swaying back and it will improve. The rest of your swing looks very good to me.

Scott

My Swing Thread

I would focus on two things in your swing.

1. I would work on slowing down the backswing a bit. When you start out pulling the club back quickly, as you are, the tendency is to get too tight with the arms. This will hurt your timing and your consistency. With a slower backswing and softer arms, you will have a lot more feel for the club face.

2. I would start your downswing by staying nice and relaxed with the upper body and shifting some weight to the left ankle first. This will let your hips start first and allow your shoulders to come second.

Currently your shoulders are rushing to start the downswing and causing you to swing right to left across the ball. Imagine you are going to shift your weight first, then swing down to hit the inside half of the ball. That will be a great way for you to start. Good luck!

Clay

Note: This thread is 3157 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!