IGNORED

Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now

mvmac
Note:Β This thread is 2766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

29 members have voted

1. 1. One year from now my handicap will be....

• The same
    • Lower
    • Higher

Mine is the highest it's been in a long time, so I'm expecting it to naturally swing back. Call it 5.7....

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;Β  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;Β  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's; Β 56-14 F grind andΒ 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty CameronΒ Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Worse.Β  It's down 5 strokes from last year, but I don't feel I am any better than I was.Β  I'm sure I'll come back to reality at some point.

Randal

Should this thread be merged with the "Are you conning yourself?" thread?

Makes perfect sense to me :-D .Β Β  Proof?Β  "Lower" is leading with 80%!

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I voted the same (which means about the same, right?). Β Reasons?

I'm getting older. Β At 57, it seems the rate that one ages has accelerated a bit.

I've made a lot of recent improvement going from horrible to... well... not as horrible.

I've gotten good instruction.

I feel I peaked and it feels like my HI is currently lower than my playing. Β And, my HI will be going up on the next revision.

I think going from a 27 to a 17 will prove to have been easier than trying to go from a 17 to, say, a 14.

I seem to need to continue to work on my game to even stay where I'm at.

As I get older I seem to lower my expectations. Β It seems easier to live with oneself that way.

And, this:

Right now I am at 17.7 but my season has all but ended due to prostate cancer surgery. Β If I stay healthy I am hoping to drop a full point on my HI in 2016.

I don't have an official handicap, but it's around 19. My scores have been declining quickly since I've joined the forums here and started swinging daily on my optishot. Next year at this time I think I will be around a 10 if I continue with my current routine.

My best estimate, I'll be around the same. Β My handicap will go up a little through the winter and early spring, then come back down through the summer. Β Last year I got as low as 3.7, this year I got to 4.4, I'm hoping to stay around the same level as I pass 60 years old. Β I know that if I take a series of lessons and work on changes, I should expect to go lower, but I honestly don't believe I have either the motivation or the time to make that improvement.

On the other hand, I'll be with a new bunch of friends in a couple of weeks, competing for the Newport Cup. Β Its quite possible that I'll be inspired to work hard to improve. Β Only time will tell.

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist:Β 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 ballsΒ 
:ping:Β G5i putter, B60 version
Β :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy:,Β :true_linkswear:, and AshworthΒ shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I don't keep one currently but I plan to start next year and hope to get it somewhere in the teens.

Driver: NikeΒ VRS Covert 2.0
3W: Β NikeΒ VRS Covert
3H: Β NikeΒ VRS Covert 2.0
4H: Β NikeΒ VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW: Β NikeΒ  VRS-X
SW: Β NikeΒ VRS Covert
LW: Β NikeΒ VRS X3X 60*
Putter: Β NikeΒ Method MC-3i

I voted the same (which means about the same, right?). Β Reasons?

I'm getting older. Β At 57, it seems the rate that one ages has accelerated a bit.

I've made a lot of recent improvement going from horrible to... well... not as horrible.

I've gotten good instruction.

I feel I peaked and it feels like my HI is currently lower than my playing. Β And, my HI will be going up on the next revision.

I think going from a 27 to a 17 will prove to have been easier than trying to go from a 17 to, say, a 14.

I seem to need to continue to work on my game to even stay where I'm at.

As I get older I seem to lower my expectations. Β It seems easier to live with oneself that way.

And, this:

You, sir, are doing a premature sandbagging, setting your expectation low only to beat it by a comfy margin. :-P I will predict your 2016 end GHIN instead.Β Β  I see 13 ... 18 ... oh, wait, 14.Β  It will be 14, give or take 1 point.Β  I said it here first.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

I selected higher. I'm currently at 7.2 and don't really think I'll have the practice time necessary bring it down any further. But who knows, I didn't think I'd be at a 7.2 this year either...

By end of October 2016, would like it in the range of 5.5.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22Β HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7Β Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Β 

I think I'll be back to playing at 22 again this time next year. Maybe lower. Maybe not. Time will tell.

Julia

:callaway:Β Β :cobra:Β Β Β Β :seemore:Β Β :bushnell:Β  :clicgear:Β Β :adidas:Β Β :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree;Β 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5Β degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

I'm hoping to get down to about 14 or 13 by this time next year. I feel like if I can ever break through this flip problem that should be definitely doable.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon:Β Z355

:callaway:Β XR16 3 Wood
:tmade:Β AeroburnerΒ 19* 3 hybrid
:ping:Β I e1 ironsΒ 4-PW
:vokey:Β SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff:Β Harmonized Sole GrindΒ 56 andΒ Windy City Putter

Right now I am at 17.7 but my season has all but ended due to prostate cancer surgery. Β If I stay healthy I am hoping to drop a full point on my HI in 2016.

My father went through that a few years ago at the age of 71 and he did just fine, treatment has gotten much better for it.Β  Wishing you a speedy recovery.

I believe if I start practicing right I'll be able to get into the teens.

Driver: Cobra Fly Z Plus, Stock Stiff, Β 10.5
3 Wood: TaylorMade AeroBurner, Stock Stiff, 15.0
3 Hybrid: Nike Vapor Speed, Stock Stiff, 20.0
4 to GW: Mizuno JPX EZ, KBS Tour 120
54: Cleveland Tour Action, Standard Bounce
58: Nike VR Vx3x Grooves, Toe Sweep
Putter: Odyssey Versa
Grips: Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G
Ball:Β Titleist NXT Tour

"Golf is not a game of good shots. Β It's a game of bad shots." - Ben Hogan

I think mine will be lower but that I'll be worse at golf. The reason is that I have about 6 terrible differentials about to come off my handicap before the end of the year. And my wife is currently pregnant, so I won't get to play much next year. So my handicap will likely go down the rest of the year and then be static all next year.

-- Daniel

In my bag: :callaway:Β ParadymΒ :callaway:Β Epic Flash 3.5W (16 degrees)

:callaway:Β Rogue Pro 3-PW :edel:Β SMSΒ Wedges - V-Grind (48, 54, 58):edel: Putter

Β :aimpoint:

Note:Β This thread is 2766 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!