IGNORED

Predict Your Handicap One Year From Now

mvmac
Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

29 members have voted

1. 1. One year from now my handicap will be....

• The same
    • Lower
    • Higher

I'm in a similar situation, I've played the best golf of my life over the last few years, even as I approach 60 years old.  I don't see much chance that I'll get a whole lot better, mostly because I doubt that I'll ever dedicate the time and effort that I know it would take.  On one hand, I do envy higher handicaps a little, that are still in the improving stage.  On the other hand, I bet they envy the low-handicap players for how well we play right now.

Yep, I have been as low as 4.3 and at that time I was stretching it a bit I realize now but I turn 50 next sunday and think I may be able to get those last 3 or 4 strokes off  my index before I get too much older I play alongside a lot of older guys who are low single digits like 1's and 2's and I'm hoping to get good enough to play alongside them, I definitely hit the ball far enough still it's just narrowing those misses and tightening up the short game will get me there I think.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Started the year at 15.8. Down to 12.1 now. Having back surgery in November. Doc says 3 months recovery at best. 6 months tops. I'm praying for 3. Hate to say it but I have to say higher.

Hopefully lower by 2 strokes. A little more work on the short game and better course management should get me there. Improving putting distance is a big help especially the long putts, but the first two are musts.

If all goes according to plan, I'll be graduated from college and have some extra free time to put towards my golf swing. I'm hoping to drop 1 or 2 strokes off my game by next year at this point.

In the bag:
Driver: R9 Supertri
3W: R9
3i-PW: Mizuno Mp-68
Wedges: Taylormade Racs
Putter: PING Redwood blade

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If all goes according to plan, I'll be graduated from college and have some extra free time to put towards my golf swing. I'm hoping to drop 1 or 2 strokes off my game by next year at this point.

I don't know about you, but when I graduated from college, I had LESS free time, not more.  In college I could schedule my classes around my golf time, but in a real job my bosses weren't quite so cooperative.  On the other hand, I hear that a lot of today's graduates have a hard time finding a job.  In that case, you'd have plenty of  free time, but no money to pay the greens fees.  Either way, good luck! :smartass:

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I'm at around 17 right now. My country club just got a new coach so I'm going to go take lessons for the first time and hopefully this will help drop my scores to the low teens or even close to single ( I can always dream).

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't played enough golf in last couple to even have a handicap.  But going to get serious about golf in 2016. Taking lessons and going to driving range and vetted entire bag revamped. So I can only get better.  Question will be how much time and just how well it is possible for 62 man to shoot and still stay married and work full time. ?  So will see. My goal is to get to low 90's. Will see how it goes. But got to have goals :banana:so will remember this thread next August:-D

20.9 right now, and I think I might be down to about a 15 or 16 by the end of next year.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Currently 18.6 - by October 2016 I'll be 10.9

D: Ping G25 Stock S Shaft
3W: Titleist 915F 16.5* Diamana S70 Blue Stiff
3H, 4H: Callaway XR Project X LZ 6.0
5i-PW: Mizuno MP54 Project X 5.5 Shafts
52*, 58*: Mizuno JPX Wedge TT Dynalite Gold AP
Putter: Mizuno MP A306

• 7 months later...
On ‎9‎/‎2‎/‎2015 at 5:32 AM, metbid said:

Lower. Currently 12.6  Took a 10 lesson pack this last winter, broke my swing and am now re-building a much better one.  My coach/pro uses the Golfing Machine system, but he also gave me the Lowest Score Wins book which got me to 5sk and the Sand Trap.  I have only been playing seriously for the last few years, but I have a somewhat slight OCD personality and will continue to work on my game.  I realistically believe I will be between 9 and 10 HC by next August.

Down to an 11,3 and feeling pretty positive about the changes I've made to my game.  A 9 or 10 HC feels very achievable now.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 4:09 PM, metbid said:

Down to an 11,3 and feeling pretty positive about the changes I've made to my game.  A 9 or 10 HC feels very achievable now.

Well, a small setback, I twisted my knee and scores are reflecting it...back up to a 12 HC.

In my bag: Cobra Bio Cell 10.5º driver ;  Cobra Bio Cell 3w;  Mizuno MP H4 3 - PW;  Mizuno MP T4 52º GW, 56º SW, 60º LW
Favorite ball Titleist Pro-V
One HIO....LUCK.

I voted "same", but I think that my swing will get easier and more efficient. Who knows? But I'm pretty happy where I am now. . .

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

• 2 months later...

Just starting to get back into golf with a really sketchy chip,pitch, and putt game. im shooting 96-93 right now. 

So i think mid 80's .... 10-14 index by next summer 17

Primary Bag  | PING G410+ 9deg | Titleist 917F 16.5deg | TM rescue hybrid 18deg | King Cobra Black Utility 21deg | TM P790 5-AW Recoil shafts | TM MG2 54/58 Wedges | TM Spider X putter 

It should be lower given current trend with a couple of caveats. 

1. I lost previous data and am starting over with spread sheet

2. Only started playing again lately

3. too few rounds to predict

I sort of had a "eureka" moment in practice and it seems as though my confidence level and consistency has improved drastically. Using formulae in GHIN, the indices used are very few starting out, then gradually increase until you have more than 10 rounds.  My target is 12.0 but also realizing that I could reach saturation long before that. With that in mind, I will be content with 16 - 18 and if it does not go below 20.0, I would not lose much sleep over it. 

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

On 8/26/2015 at 7:12 AM, Golfingdad said:

I think mine will continue trending down slowly. I'm a 6.0 right now and I think I'll be a 4.2 or so in a year. :)

Wow, call me a soothsayer or something!!  My September 1, 2016 index is 4.1.

:beer:

If we are going to just keep this thread open-ended, then I'll go ahead and throw up my prediction for next September with the same thoughts in mind.  I'm still trending positively, however, I have been practicing less, so I'm going to say I'll be about a 3.6 next go round.

Note: This thread is 2767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!