IGNORED

Derek Jeter Hustles Money off Obama

saevel25
Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25280068/president-obama-says-derek-jeter-stole-money-from-me-in-golf-game

Seems like Derek is a bit of a :censored: when it comes to money games. You can never trust those Yankees.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw the video they showed of Obama hitting some practice balls that was linked to that article via MSN (didn't check your link here).  I thought as a beginner I had the worst golf swing in the world but watching that video of him made me feel good about my swing so far.  I think it was from earlier in his time as POTUS but they said he took up golf when he was a state senator in IL so that must have been at least 3 or 4 years before they took the footage.  I swear in a few of the swings he takes he completely misses the ball but pulls into a finishing position and stares out into the distance as if he is watching his ball fly.  The chunks of grass didn't fly that long so I know it wasn't those he was looking at.

Derek Jeter is a very talented athlete who has a lot of money and a lot of time on his hands....he's going to be good at golf. He missed a lot of prime golfing years playing for the Yankees, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

http://www.cbssports.com/golf/eye-on-golf/25280068/president-obama-says-derek-jeter-stole-money-from-me-in-golf-game

Seems like Derek is a bit of a  when it comes to money games. You can never trust those Yankees.

Sadly, Putin is probably smarter than Jeter.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

Not to knock Jeter, but thinking about how you are going to get better at hitting a ball and fielding a ball and managing the managers of all your money, while worthy of good thought is pale in comparison to the types of thinking someone like Putin has to do.  Putin was a highly skilled KGB agent and leader of the KGB where not being able to think what your opponent thinks you are thinking correctly can and will easily get you killed (a lot more so in the cold war era).  Ludlum novels would refer to this type of thinking as being able to think geometrically.  Love him or hate him Putin is a bad mofo and he is very strategic, except when he does photo ops with a chubby.

Quote:

Originally Posted by turtleback

Not to knock Jeter, but thinking about how you are going to get better at hitting a ball and fielding a ball and managing the managers of all your money, while worthy of good thought is pale in comparison to the types of thinking someone like Putin has to do.  Putin was a highly skilled KGB agent and leader of the KGB where not being able to think what your opponent thinks you are thinking correctly can and will easily get you killed (a lot more so in the cold war era).  Ludlum novels would refer to this type of thinking as being able to think geometrically.  Love him or hate him Putin is a bad mofo and he is very strategic, except when he does photo ops with a chubby.

It wasn't Jeter I was knocking.  Nor Putin.  But given your description of Putin (which seems pretty accurate to me) I just kind of wish our guy was someone who could avoid being hustled by a baseball player with no such KGB training and background.

Rich - in name only

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Hazard

Quote:

It wasn't Jeter I was knocking.  Nor Putin.  But given your description of Putin (which seems pretty accurate to me) I just kind of wish our guy was someone who could avoid being hustled by a baseball player with no such KGB training and background.

Really? President Obama is a very smart person in his field, Law. You can't deny that. You make not like it, but you don't get elected Chief Editor of Harvard Law Review by your peers by just squeaking by. My wife was on her Law Review in Law School. Only the top students make it. She is also brilliant. Obama was also a Constitution Law Professor. The man is very smart.

Getting hustled in a golf bet is completely different.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gator Hazard

Quote:

Really? President Obama is a very smart person in his field, Law. You can't deny that. You make not like it, but you don't get elected Chief Editor of Harvard Law Review by your peers by just squeaking by. My wife was on her Law Review in Law School. Only the top students make it. She is also brilliant. Obama was also a Constitution Law Professor. The man is very smart.

But it is much more like negotiating with a foreign leader than is writing and editing law review articles.

And BTW, just for accuracy sake, Obama was NOT a Constitutional Law Professor he was a Lecturer.  I am no expert on the academic world, but I am pretty sure they are very different positions.

Rich - in name only

I am not an Obama fan but I agree with your statement.  Just because someone is disliked does not mean they are not smart.  However, just because someone has degrees also does not mean they are smart, we have cases of that as well.

Meh, even the best of people can and do get hustled.  I thought it was amusing that Jeter hustled him and not from any type of a political standpoint.  I voted for Obama when I lived in Chicago and he ran for US Senate because they brought Alan Keyes in who had no business being in the race at all.  He couldn't pronounce Illinois correctly, so why the hell was he running for office in it to represent it, ya know what I mean?

Note: This thread is 3164 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!