IGNORED

Restaurant Review: The Woods Jupiter

JetFan1983
Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Would you try the Woods Jupiter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe

I had the pleasure of sampling South Florida's newest, hottest haunt this evening: Tiger Woods' " the Woods Jupiter , " which opened on Monday, August 10th. Since it's Friday night, I thought it might be better to go at a lower traffic time of the week, but figured that I might as well see it during peak hours for this review. I hopped in my car and made the ten minute drive up the coast to Jupiter, passing by the famed Seminole Country Club on my right just a couple minutes before arriving at my destination.

His restaurant is located at Harborside Place , a ritzy little community adorned with high end shops, other restaurants, and the Wyndham Grand Jupiter Hotel. The last time I was here, I ate at the Japanese fusion restaurant " Too Bizaare ," where I had the good fortune of running into Amanda Dufner and her cute friends eating just a few tables down. Sadly, she wasn't at the Woods tonight, but she was certainly there in spirit!

As expected, Harborside Place was packed.

It took me ten minutes to find a spot. I had to battle a couple old dudes in Jaguars for a nice one just a few hundred feet away from the restaurant. Once I parked my car, I got a nice shot of the exterior:

Since I was by myself, I ventured over the bar where I quickly sniped an open seat and got a menu.

Now, the first thing I noticed is that every single waiter is dressed like Tiger, which definitely got more than a few chuckles out of me.

Here was the view from my seat:

When I got there, it looked to be at least an hour and half wait to get a table if you didn't have a reservation. This place was significantly packed, and I could sense a happy vibe from all the patrons who all seemed to genuinely enjoy hanging out at Tiger's place. Hey, if you want to go a place where everyone likes Tiger, this is probably a good spot to go to and get a beer and a burger.

Service was pretty fast as I was quickly given a menu and asked what I wanted to drink about two seconds after sitting down. That's always a good sign, especially since every employee clearly had their hands full the entire time.

I settled on the chop wedge salad to start and then the 10 oz. Filet Mignon (medium rare) with mashed potatoes for my entree. For my beverage I got a straight up Grey Goose:

Just kidding. That's water.

Here are some more photos I took while waiting for my food to arrive:

The bartenders were all very friendly, and I had a great view of a TV seemingly everywhere I looked. I'm sure this is a great place to hang out with friends after a round. The age range of most of the customers was between 35 and 65 it seemed, and frankly, if you're a single-ready-to-mingle forty or fifty something, this appears to be a great place to meet your future X-wife.

Hey, my salad's here!

A bit too much dressing, but not to the point where I couldn't enjoy it. The bacon bits were great though. I wolfed it down pretty quickly, but you should ask them to go a bit easy on the dressing when you come here.

I took a quick video of the place while waiting for my steak to show up.

Damn it, someone's really going to have to remind me next time to not keep my phone vertical for videos anymore. My fault, guys.

At this point, I got up to use the rest room real quick, and while it may be a bit questionable to take pictures while in a men's room, I did it anyway:

After shooing some old guy in a blazer away from my seat at the bar, I sat back down and enjoyed my main course:

It was good! Definitely a nice cut of beef, and not too rare. Mashed potatoes were good as well. This place isn't ridiculously overpriced, and the quality is better than most places you'll go. It certainly beats Outback in the filet and potatoes department, which for me is saying something because I like Outback.

I asked for the check, and it came in this nifty little score card thing:

Considering I ordered no booze, and I was by myself, the place isn't cheap, but it was a good meal and the customers were all in good spirits. I would take friends here for dinner in the future. I had a good time, and it looked to be a good place to interact and meet new people if you were in the mood to do so.

If you're ever in South Florida, this ain't such a bad spot to spend a couple hours in the evening. Take your pals, take a date, and have a good time. Everyone including me appeared to be really enjoying the spectacle of having a meal at Tiger Woods's new restaurant. The employees were all very friendly, my meal was solid, the service was good, and the atmosphere was fun. I'm sure this won't be the last time I eat here. Cheers, guys!

:beer:

• Upvote 5

Constantine

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Haha, I guess $53 before the tip is pretty expensive for one person who didn't buy any booze, but considering most of the clientele, I was expecting it to be more pricey. Still, for me, it was worth it.

Constantine

I voted I'd maybe go there before reading the article but after seeing the prices I can now say I wouldn't.  I've had an $80 steak dinner, several in the $35-55 range, and plenty in the $15-30 range.  In my experience steak quality seems to top out in the $25-30 range.

Thanks for the review Constantine. My anniversary is tomorrow. Maybe the wife and I will jet down for dinner tomorrow night. The place looks lovely.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Whether it's Elway, Ditka, Shula, or now Woods, I have one policy when it comes to athlete restaurants- I'll go them if I'm not paying. I've gone to plenty for business meals (never at my choosing), but invariably there are much better options in most every city that houses one and the menus are almost always predictably generic and average.

Good review, thanks. Looks to be in the same genre as Ruth's, Flemmings, Morton's, Shula's, etc... Prices are pretty much in line too. Dinner for 2 with a shared app, and a mid-range bottle of wine is gonna be in the $200ish range. I might give it a try, but that's a pretty saturated market in most cities. Other than the celebrity ownership factor, did you see anything to separate it from the other alternatives?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Great review, I'll be checking it out in October.  I'm planning to buy a house in Jupiter in the next few years, so hope it's a great place to eat.

Joe Paradiso

Guess we will have to do the 20 minute drive east and go try it, hopefully before season! Thanks for the review :beer:

Best regards,  Frank

:titleist: 913 D2 10.5*

:titleist: 913 F 17*

:titleist: 913 H 21*

:titleist: 716 AP1 4-P

:vokey:  SM5 50*, 54*, 58*

:odyssey: Tank Cruiser #7

:sunmountain: C-130

Just don't go after golf wearing your golf duds. Someone will ask you to refill their water.

Lmao!! Ha ha. Seems like pretty reasonable prices. I would check it out of I'm ever in South Florida.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Looks like it'd be a good time. If I'm ever that way, I'd definitely go.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

I might give it a try, but that's a pretty saturated market in most cities. Other than the celebrity ownership factor, did you see anything to separate it from the other alternatives?

Good question. Yea, not a whole lot of separation value really beyond the celebrity factor. It really was a novelty for me being there. My steak was good though, so that's always a plus. It was really packed that night, which can be fun under the right circumstances, good crowd of people really. It's basically 50% sports bar, 50% restaurant, and on the sports bar side of things, it's certainly high end as far as customer base and menus prices go.

Thanks for the review and all the pictures.

I found it odd that the mashed potatoes came as a separate dish so that they didn't sully the steak.

Yea it was one of those restaurants that only offered sides a la carte with the steak dinner, so I had to pony up an additional $6 for those. That's why it came on a separate plate, but it was a serving for two. I couldn't finish it.

Great review, I'll be checking it out in October.  I'm planning to buy a house in Jupiter in the next few years, so hope it's a great place to eat.

It's pretty good. Harborside Place seems to have quite a few options for dinner, and it's a nice place to walk around afterwards to "walk off" the meal. Jupiter is a nice, quiet town, good place to spot the random tour pro having lunch/buying groceries, nice beaches. Nice place to settle down, that's for sure.

Just don't go after golf wearing your golf duds. Someone will ask you to refill their water.

Lol. So true.

Constantine

I'm a Tiger fan but my interest in him starts and ends on the golf course.  Unless he has somehow gained some kind of food credibility that I didn't hear about, I'm not really interested in his restaurant.  I've been to a couple other sports star restaurants and they're pretty much all the same.  Now, if I was invited to go out to The Woods then, sure, I'd go .. but I would not choose to go there, if it were up to me.

Thanks for the review, it was definitely a good read and great pics.  I noticed some of the waitresses at the bar looked disappointed, lol . .I guess Tiger's on the wagon again.

Next time I'm heading up north I'll stop off and get a drink and an appetizer there.

Driver: Nike VRS Covert 2.0
3W:  Nike VRS Covert
3H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
4H:  Nike VRS Covert 2.0
5-AW:  Nike  VRS-X
SW:  Nike VRS Covert
LW:  Nike VRS X3X 60*
Putter:  Nike Method MC-3i

Note: This thread is 3154 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!