IGNORED

2015 Deutsche Bank Championship Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The 2015 Deutsche Bank Championship will be played at the TPC Boston in Boston for the second leg of the FedExCup Playoffs. The course, originally designed by Arnold Palmer and remodeled in 2007 by Gil Hanse and Brad Faxon, will play as a par-71 measuring 7,242 yards this week.

The top-100 players on the FedExCup points list take to TPC Boston for the Deutsche Bank, but only 70 will advance to the BMW Championship.

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/golf-central-blog/day-spieth-watson-grouped-deutsche-bank/

For the second straight week, the top three in the FedEx Cup standings will spend some quality time together. Here are four featured groups to keep an eye on as the PGA Tourheads to Massachusetts for the Deutsche Bank Championship, which gets started on Friday (all times ET):

Rory McIlroy, Hideki Matsuyama, Kevin Kisner: 9:06 a.m. Friday, 1:16 p.m. Saturday

After skipping The Barclays, McIlroy will make his postseason debut in Norton in what will be only his second competitive start since he suffered an ankle injury on July 4. The Ulsterman won here in 2012, and he finished T-5 a year ago. Matsuyama has been solid all season but finished T-57 in hisTPC Boston debut last year, while Kisner is making his first appearance at this event after a trio of playoff losses earlier this year.

Jimmy Walker, Justin Rose, Robert Streb: 9:18 a.m. Friday, 1:28 p.m. Saturday

Walker has been somewhat quiet since winning twice earlier this season, but he enters the week at No. 7 in points despite no top-20 finishes since the AT&T; Byron Nelson Championship in May. Rose and Streb have had plenty of high finishes between them in recent months, as the Englishman now has a streak of five straight top-20s and Streb has eight such results across his last 10 starts.

Jason Day, Jordan Spieth, Bubba Watson: 9:30 a.m. Friday, 1:40 p.m. Saturday

This trio tops the FedEx Cup list for the second straight week, although Day now holds the top spot after his win at The Barclays. Following two rounds together at Plainfield, the three will again tee it up together for the first 36 holes at TPC Boston. Day will be in search of four wins in his last five starts, while Spieth looks to regain the No. 1 ranking and Watson hopes to improve upon his third-place showing last week in New Jersey.

Henrik Stenson, Zach Johnson, Dustin Johnson: 1:40 p.m. Friday, 9:30 a.m. Saturday

Stenson returns to a venue where he cruised to victory two years ago en route to winning the FedEx Cup, and he does so after a near-miss last week in New Jersey. He'll be joined by Johnson and Johnson, as Zach added a T-4 finish at Plainfield to his torrid summer stretch that includes four top-10 finishes over his last six starts and Dustin backed up a T-7 finish at Whistling Straits with a T-9 result last week.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to see A final round pairing of Speith, Day, and Mclroy. I find myself pulling for Day to win the FedEx cup. I can't out my finger on why but I just like him more than the other two guys.

I'd like to see A final round pairing of Speith, Day, and Mclroy. I find myself pulling for Day to win the FedEx cup. I can't out my finger on why but I just like him more than the other two guys.

For me it goes Day, McIlroy, Spieth. I like Day too, always have.

I hope all three can be in contention, that should be fun.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Didn't Jimmy Walker do the same thing last year? Win a lot early and then disappear for the rest of the year?

I'm going to pick McIlroy this week. I think he's chomping at the bit and going to come out firing.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

Anyone know why Jason has had the M removed on his Taylormade cap? (Taylor ade)

In the bag:

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex 440 8.5° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 15° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex : Vapor Fly 19° (Mitsubishi Diamana S+ LE) S-flex

Irons: Callaway Apex MB 4-PW S-Flex

Wedges: Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52° : Jaws X 56°

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 3

Ball: Nike RZN Black

Day at -4

McIlroy at -1

Spieth at +4

Wonder how long Day can keep up this kind of performance.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

It appears winning has led to increased confidence? Dude is a monster. When he's on not many can keep up with him. That 380ish drive and wedge to a par 5 at the PGA was just brutal.

Dave :-)

I was wondering the same thing because the cap Justin Rose was wearing yesterday was like that as well?

Guessing it has to do with their secret new driver. I believe it's called the M-1, so getting everyone talking about M is a clever lead in to larger marketing scheme.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

It's fun to watch a player playing with a lot of confidence that has amazing ability. GO Jason Day!

• Upvote 1

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I think the new clubs could be as well. I know it's a small change, but moat golfers take a step back before taking steps forward when they adjust.

Thought I read he changed back to the old sticks.

Dave :-)

Note: This thread is 3124 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!