IGNORED

Do you guys clean your irons & wedges during a round ?

inthehole
Note: This thread is 3094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I don't spit on my clubs ... show them respect!

I use a great towel, fantastic towel, best towel I've ever used. Don't get me wrong, I love other towels, but they are in the wrong business on the golf course. The only towel, and it's amazing, is the Spotless Swing Towel. Now that's a golf towel -- lightweight, pocketed, lanyard, and has an area, a fantastic area - synthetic, really high tech scrubbing material. Amazing, just wet the inside for cleaning your custom fit clubs, fantastic, and you can dry the clubs with the amazingly thin and soft exterior of the towel. In  a pinch, you can even wash your hands and dry them. Simply amazing -- the Spotless Swing Towel.

@Mr. Desmond

http://thesandtrap.com/products/category/accessories

Another great towel is reviewed below

http://thesandtrap.com/products/rule-golf-rule-14-invisibrush-golf-towel/reviews/4707

• Upvote 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I use spit, a towel, and sometimes a tee for the grooves.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

I use a tee to pick the grooves when there is excessive buildup. Not after each shot.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

When I first started caddying....waaaay too long ago to admit, the first thing I was taught was to always carry a full sized bath towel, about a third of which is kept wet. Every club is wiped off after every shot. I've done so ever since.

This is exactly the same for me.

I clean mine after each shot.  I keep a brush and wet towel and it only takes a few seconds.

I'm the same.

-Jerry

Driver: Titleist 913 D3 (9.5 degree) – Aldila RIP 60-2.9-Stiff; Callaway Mini-Driver Kura Kage 60g shaft - 12 degree Hybrids: Callway X2 Hot Pro - 16 degree & 23 degree – Pro-Shaft; Callway X2 Hot – 5H & 6H Irons: Titleist 714 AP2 7 thru AW with S300 Dynamic Gold Wedges: Titleist Vokey GW (54 degree), Callaway MackDaddy PM Grind SW (58 degree) Putter: Ping Cadence TR Ketsch Heavy Balls: Titleist Pro V1x & Snell MyTourBall

"Golf is the closest game to the game we call life. You get bad breaks from good shots; you get good breaks from bad shots but you have to play the ball where it lies."- Bobby Jones

Besides the fantastic Spotless Swing Towel, which is amazing if you carry, I use another super product, everyone should use it, fits in your pocket without interfering with your other bulges -- the D Brush -- stiff bristles with an end that fits between your fingers -- super for grooves - no other comes close. Practically weightless, only surprised I didn't think of it myself. Did you hear that I redesigned Doral myself so golfers like DJ and Bubba won't dominate -- no more big hitters -- you've got to play the game, short hitters need love, too. Use the D Brush .

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I'm constantly spitting on my irons & wedges and brushing them off to get the mung out of the grooves & wiping them down with a towel - do it all the time during a round.    I'm discreet about it but it grosses my wife out ...

Just using a towel or a dry brush doesn't cut it.    Curious how everybody else does it or if you just play with dirty clubs ?    I'd like to know how pro caddies do it ... they must always have a saturated wet towel on the bag ??

I wet one end of my towel at the start of the round and wipe my clubs after every shot (I'm not a spitter) - I don't hold up traffic to do it.  I either clean it immediately while my companions are hitting, or I keep it in my hand until I've gotten to the next stopping point, then clean it and put it away.  I also have a two sided brush with nylon bristles on one side and brass bristles on the other for cleaning the grooves.  Some courses have ball and club washers mounted on the carts, and that makes it easy to keep my clubs clean.  I wish all courses would wise up to that.  I hate playing with dirty clubs.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I don't spit on my clubs ... show them respect!

I use a great towel, fantastic towel, best towel I've ever used. Don't get me wrong, I love other towels, but they are in the wrong business on the golf course. The only towel, and it's amazing, is the Spotless Swing Towel. Now that's a golf towel -- lightweight, pocketed, lanyard, and has an area, a fantastic area - synthetic, really high tech scrubbing material. Amazing, just wet the inside for cleaning your custom fit clubs, fantastic, and you can dry the clubs with the amazingly thin and soft exterior of the towel. In  a pinch, you can even wash your hands and dry them. Simply amazing -- the Spotless Swing Towel.

+1  I absolutely love this towel!

DJ

Follow me at Game Golf Profile: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/djfajt71 

aside from clean grooves helping to put spin on the ball on your approach shots, does clean grooves make a difference with any other shot? will dirty grooves affect trajectory on a fairway shot for example?

1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

Spin affects trajectory.  Spin provides lift, which helps a ball carry further, and land more vertically.

• Upvote 1

Dave

:callaway: Rogue SubZero Driver

:titleist: 915F 15 Fairway, 816 H1 19 Hybrid, AP2 4 iron to PW, Vokey 52, 56, and 60 wedges, ProV1 balls 
:ping: G5i putter, B60 version
 :ping:Hoofer Bag, complete with Newport Cup logo
:footjoy::true_linkswear:, and Ashworth shoes

the only thing wrong with this car is the nut behind the wheel.

Besides the fantastic Spotless Swing Towel, which is amazing if you carry, I use another super product, everyone should use it, fits in your pocket without interfering with your other bulges -- the D Brush -- stiff bristles with an end that fits between your fingers -- super for grooves - no other comes close. Practically weightless, only surprised I didn't think of it myself. Did you hear that I redesigned Doral myself so golfers like DJ and Bubba won't dominate -- no more big hitters -- you've got to play the game, short hitters need love, too. Use the D Brush.

Indeed, my clubs are cleaned after each shot. I just use a typical cotton golf towel. I wet it before my round and keep it that way throughout.

I never heard of the Spotless Swing Towel, or the D Brush. Both products sound good to me. What the hell, I just ordered one of each.

Thanks, man.

I'm mainly concerned with my irons 7 through wedges since I need all the spin I can get, my home course has very firm greens that are difficult to hold, I take the wire side of the brush to make sure they are completely clean.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

Indeed, my clubs are cleaned after each shot. I just use a typical cotton golf towel. I wet it before my round and keep it that way throughout.

I never heard of the Spotless Swing Towel, or the D Brush. Both products sound good to me. What the hell, I just ordered one of each.

Thanks, man.

I hope you ordered a pack of the D Brush - I put 2 in the pocket of my bag, and one always winds up in my shorts and on the dresser, or in the wash. They last a long time, but I lose track of them... then I gather them again.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

well, seems the majority consensus is to get into a routine before the round which involves wetting a towel.   Makes sense ... just never thought to do it - it will take a trip to the locker room or bathroom before tee off - I'll just have to allow time for that.   THX to all !

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Note: This thread is 3094 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!