IGNORED

Indoor practice area

SoggySog
Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

I wasn't sure what section of the forum this question should be asked, hopefully this is the right area.

I have a spare bedroom in house where I'd like to setup a practice area.  Any recommendations on impact screens, nets, etcc......I've been searching online, but before I spend the money, I'd like to get anyone's thoughts.  I do have a spare mattress in my rental property garage, which is memory foam, do you think this would work??

Any feedback would be appreciated, thanks!!

Are you thinking about full swings into a net?  If so, what's the room's ceiling height? Will your ceiling height accommodate your normal backswing height.?  A good golfer, and friend of mine who lives up north decided to turn his garage into full swing station. When it warmed up enough to play outside, his single digit swing was really messed up because he had adapted to a lower ceiling. It took him a few weeks to get his normal backswing back.

Now if you are just putting, chipping, and short pitching,  then ceiling height should not matter.

I use to practice putting a lot in my den. I used the end of a red fire brick to putt at. It was about 4" wide, and due to rebound, would return the ball to me when I hit it.

I would chip to this same brick target. The idea was to roll the ball into the brick.

I did not pitch too much, because in reality there was not enough room for a decent short pitch shot. However, when I did, I would put a small waste can in front of a net, and practice flying the ball into the waste can.

With the chips, and pitches, I would use a piece of synthetic grass to hit off of. This to save the room's carpet. I would go to a local synthetic  grass dealer and buy a piece of remanent that suited my needs. I could usually get a 2' X 2' piece for under $10, and sometimes even free.

Memory foam would work fine for wall protection.

In My Bag:
A whole bunch of Tour Edge golf stuff...... :beer:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Not sure about swing a driver, but I can swing most irons.  I already have a hitting mat because I have an area in my basement (netting), but like you mentioned, the ceiling is too low, which is why I wanted to convert my spare bedroom.

I thought about bring the net upstairs, but was wondering if anyone had a positive experience with the impact screens for my situation.

Note: This thread is 3155 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!