IGNORED

How many balls do you lose in an average round?

cbe_golfer
Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. How many balls in a round?

• ZERO!!!
    • One
    • Two - Four
    • Five and over

I think this poll is long overdue. Honest replies along with your handicap are highly appreciated.
My handicap is right around 15 and I lose two-three every time average. I have gone a round without losing a ball but it is pretty rare. The reason I lose so many I think is due to poor course management...trying to pull a rabbit out of my you-know-what when my ball is in semi-rough.

In the bag:
905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder S
X 15* Fujikura R
X 19* Fujikura S
4-P MP-14 TT DGS300 53* 588 Gunmetal MP series 56-14 TT wedge MP-R 60-09 Rifle SpinnerDFX Two ball Pro V1

Probably in the region of 3-4 b/rd. Not always O.B though, some of our rough is very long.
18... ish handicapper (playing more like 25 at the minuite )
Personal best streak is 82 holes (four and a half-ish full rounds) without loosing a ball(which I'm pretty proud of).

Whats in the bag:

Driver: Nike Ignite 460cc 10.5* Fujikura Ignite reg flex
Fairway woods: Howson tour master power series 3,5 woods
Irons: MacGregor M675 3-PW DG S300 Wedges: Mizuno MP-R Black Nickel 54.10, 60.05Putter: Pinfire Golf P4Ball: Titleist NXT TourHome Course:http://www.golfarmagh.co.uk/...

I can't answer the poll. NOBODY can say that they never lose a ball, so zero isn't even possible. I can play 3 or 4 rounds with the same ball, then lose a couple in the water in a single round. So I average less than one lost ball per round. If the poll can be modified, then the first choice should read "Less than one".

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One; some times I lose two, but many days I don't lose any. I usually walk, and therefore those times I only carry a brand new sleeve of three with me. I haven't been left empty handed yet.

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

Two or three on average. Usually it's a snap hook off the tee that goes a mile into the woods. Sometimes I'll play 18 holes without losing a ball (I do beat up three or four per round though and they end up in my shag bag) and other times I'll hit four or five out of bounds in a row. Usually it depends on how well my driver is working. I don't usually suffer from Tin Cup moments (I had a few earlier this year but I got smarter). I'm still pretty aggressive but I know what I can do and what I can't, generally speaking.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I can't answer the poll. NOBODY can say that they never lose a ball, so zero isn't even possible. I can play 3 or 4 rounds with the same ball, then lose a couple in the water in a single round. So I average less than one lost ball per round. If the poll can be modified, then the first choice should read "Less than one".

I don't see it as averaging out all your rounds by the number of balls you've lost. I see it as when you play a round on average how many balls do you lose.

Simple, I normally don't lose any balls when I play. So for me an average round would be completed without losing a ball. So I voted zero. That doesn't mean I never lose a ball, that's ridiculous, everyone occasionally loses a ball.

Danny    In my :ping: Hoofer Tour golf bag on my :clicgear: 8.0 Cart

Driver:   :pxg: 0311 Gen 5  X-Stiff.                        Irons:  :callaway: 4-PW APEX TCB Irons 
3 Wood: :callaway: Mavrik SZ Rogue X-Stiff                            Nippon Pro Modus 130 X-Stiff
3 Hybrid: :callaway: Mavrik Pro KBS Tour Proto X   Wedges: :vokey:  50°, 54°, 60° 
Putter: :odyssey:  2-Ball Ten Arm Lock        Ball: :titleist: ProV 1

As far as how many I actually hit into "non-findable" land, I'd say I'm between 1 and 2 (currently an 8 handicap). I've probably only played a handful of rounds with the exact same ball, and probably equally few where my only reason for pulling a new ball was damage to the existing one, but it's a bad round if I lose more than 2.

DISCLAIMER: With fall golf, it's not uncommon to hit a ball in the rough around some leaves and just never find it. Or, playing an unfamiliar course and/or playing alone, and you hit a good shot, but don't see it, or aren't sure where to look, you can lose a ball, but I don't think that's what you're looking for in this poll, hence my phrase of "hitting it into non-findable land."

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

I don't see it as averaging out all your rounds by the number of balls you've lost. I see it as when you play a round on average how many balls do you lose.

Then define an average round for me in this context then. Usually if I lose 2 or more, it's a worse than average round score-wise. But I can play an average round and lose a ball, and I can play an average round without losing a ball. I still can't say zero and I can't say one...

Say I lose a ball every other round... what is then considered "average", zero or one? It still seems to me that it has to be considered in the context of average balls lost per round (or rounds per lost ball for some) to have any meaning... I got 5 rounds (of 18 holes each) plus 6 holes out of the ball I dunked in the lake on #7 yesterday. (BTW, that was exceptional - I don't usually get quite that far with one ball) That would mean that I lost about .2 (or 1/5) of one ball per round. That's the only way I know how to average it....

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

On my home course there is a par 5 that doglegs to the right at about 220 yards around a grown up cypress swamp area. Shaping a slice is very easy as that what I will naturally do if I try to crush the ball and I dearly love to watch a ball disappear around that corner; unfortunately, sometimes a major slice also keeps spinning and running right - and right into the cypress swamp.

Otherwise losing a ball is a rare fluke. However, on my last round I hit what I thought was a perfect 5 wood straight as an arrow about 190 yards to a green and both me and my playing partner lost it in a low sun, but were sure it was on the green. We never found that ball.

My wife though needs a dozen per round as she always panics near water.

2007 Yamaha Cart
TaylorMade R7 460 Superquad Driver, 10.5, Reg flex (RF)
Taylormade R7 Titanium 3,5 & 7 Fairway woods RF
PING Rapture irons 4-9, PW, UW, SW, graphite RF
Odyssey White Hot Two Ball putter Ping Cart Bag, Pioneer in Atomic OrangeNow playing Titleist Pro V1x balls

19.7 handicap. Voted 2-4. I probably average right around 3. Some rounds I lose one or none, and every once and a while I'll blow up with 4 or 5.

Bag: Grom
Driver: HiBore 10.5° Fuji Stiff
3W: V-Steel 15° Graphite Designs YS-6 Stiff
3h-4h: Bobby Jones Stiff
5i-PW: CG4 Steel StiffWedges: 588 DSG RTG 52°, 900 RTG 56° Low bounce, Reg. 588 RTG 60°Putter: Dead CenterBalls: Pro V1 Speed Cart V1Home Courses: Riverdale Dunes / Knolls,...

I am streaky. But i prolly average one a round. And it seems to always be a lost ball that I thought I could find. but then i have to walk all the way back....
Ace Adair

904R 10*
I3 4 Wood 17* G5 Hybrid 22* CG-4's 4-PW Vokey Design 200 Series-- 50*, 54*, 58* G2 Anser Putter 35" ProV1 Hoofer 3 Bag "Putts get real difficult the day they hand out the money." -Lee Trevino "You are one evil, cunning woman. It's a massive turn on."--House...

I voted 0, on the basis that OB and water hazzards aren't lost just abandoned. Except in the Fall when there are leaves I usually lose a ball every 3-4 rounds. My friends think it is weird. I usually know right where the ball is going as soon as I hit it. Unfortunately that is rarely where I planned to hit it. One of the few plusses of being a short hitter I suppose.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

Voted 2-4, I play 3-4 courses regularly. One course is almost all iron play, lose none most rounds there, other courses depend on my driver play. Rarely lose balls with my irons, also rarely hit any irons above 5I. 3I has never been used but at the range...working on it! Go Sox!

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

I have no set number I gone from losing none to 9 playing the same course depends on what swing shows up that day lol
Driver: Slazengar RD 13 Degree.
3 Wood. Burrows Mac 15 Degree.
Irons: CrossBax 3I 4I 5 - PW
Putter :teardrop:
Ball Pro V1

I voted 2-4, but the number of balls I lose in a round usually seems to be either zero, 2, or 5. Hardly ever 1, 3, 4, or 6+. Weird.

In my bag:

Driver Cleveland Classic 310 Tour 10.5°  Miyazaki Kusala 61 Black Reg
Fairway Wood Cleveland Launcher FL 3/15° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg
Hybrids Cleveland Mashie 3/20.5° & 4/23° Miyazaki C.Kua 43 Reg

Irons Wilson Ci9 5-6-7-8-9-PW-GW FST ss105 Reg 

Wedges Vokey SM 56.14

Putter GEL Ruby 34"

Balls Callaway HX Bite, Wilson Staff FG Tour

I lose one every 2-3 rounds. #10 at Woodley Lakes hits over water, and I panic. I don't so much lose the ball, since I know where it is: in the water right off the tee. I now hit an old ball (same markings: I know that rule!) on that hole every time I play it, and then return to the ball from 1-9 on hole 11.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Note: This thread is 5994 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!