IGNORED

Daughter's response to dad playing with Tiger: Text me when it's Spieth

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think is a bigger deal, getting to play with Tiger or Jordan?

• Jordan
    • Tiger

What do you think is a bigger deal, getting to play with Tiger or Jordan?

http://www.golfchannel.com/news/grill-room/daughters-response-dad-playing-tiger-text-me-when-its-spieth/?cid=facebook-gc-a-daughters-response-dad-playing-tiger-text-me-when-its-spieth-080315

Quote:

Parents just don't understand.

Twitter user Maddie tweeted the following text exchange with her father after he got to play golf with Tiger Woods and Notah Begay for his birthday.

Maddie was, to put it nicely, not impressed.

Ugh ... dad you're so embarrasing, gosh. Don't you know Tiger is so 2000-and-late .

The picture was taken on Wednesday at the Atunyote Golf Club at the Turning Stone Resort in Verona, N.Y., site of the Notah Begay III Invitational.

The original tweet was mysteriously deleted, but Maddie seems to be reveling in her newfound social media fame.

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Bigger deal? Tiger, duh. 14 time major winner, future HoF, and arguably GOAT.

Jordan seems like he'd be better company, though.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

It's a teeny bopper being like... totally... a teeny bopper and the history you know best is that which you've experienced. Of course Woods is the bigger deal. That's like, the history I, like. totally ... experienced, ya.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Not surprising. I'd probably say the same thing had Spieth been my entry into golf, like Tiger was.

Hunter Bishop

"i was an aspirant once of becoming a flamenco guitarist, but i had an accident with my fingers"

My Bag

Titleist TSI3 | TaylorMade Sim 2 Max 3 Wood | 5 Wood | Edel 3-PW | 52° | 60° | Blade Putter

She would probably dump both of them for Justin.

Justin Bieber that is.

Driver:  :nike:  Vapor Pro 9.5°  Wood & Hybrids : :nike:Covert Tour 13°, 18° & 21°
Irons & Wedges:
  :nike:  Covert 2.0  5i - AW,  :titleist:   56-14F,  60-07S
Putter:     :titleist:Newport Select
Balls:  :bridgestone: B330-RX

Tiger for sure! How often do you get to play with one of the greatest -- arguably the greatest -- of all time? Jordan probably won't get to the point where he's in that conversation, but he'll have a great career just the same. Not only is this guy playing with Tiger, but also with Tiger's friend who once shot 59 in a professional tournament.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

From her perspective, Spieth is the hotter deal right now....probably in more ways than just his golf game.  What the heck is wrong with that and why should she be forced to take down her tweet?  I'm so sick of anything that even remotely resembles "political correctness."

From my perspective (like her dad), I'd love to play a round with TW for my birthday.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

From her perspective, Spieth is the hotter deal right now....probably in more ways than just his golf game.  What the heck is wrong with that and why should she be forced to take down her tweet?  I'm so sick of anything that even remotely resembles "political correctness." From my perspective (like her dad), I'd love to play a round with TW for my birthday.

I think you're unaware of what the definition of, "political correctness," is.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I'd rather play with friends, not Tiger. I'm serious. I'm afraid his hideous swing would work it's way into my game. I have no desire to chunk, and/or shank chip shots.

But pounding morning beers on the course with Spieth would be pretty cool.

• Upvote 1

The original text was curious because he mentions Notah first. Is Notah Begay a household name to leave off Begay, or not qualify with "a great golfer named Notah Begay." Just Notah! And before Tiger. Like the Notah part would thrill her too. The key point was that he played with Tiger Freakin Woods!!! Holy crap. Maybe he had told her all about it before so context was that she already knew the scoop. Just struck me as funny.

My Swing

Driver: :ping: G30, Irons: :tmade: Burner 2.0, Putter: :cleveland:, Balls: :snell:

She's a teenager, but not a very nice tweet if you are TW or a fan.  I am not a TW fan but would like to think that if he were paired up with me, and knowing full well I am a beginning golfer he would be nothing less than civil.  Are there other pros I would prefer to be paired with if given my choice?  Sure, but I would still be thrilled to play a round with TW.

Tiger Woods is a great golfer but I don't know how anyone can say "arguably the greatest of all time." You'd have Bobby Jones and Jack Nicklaus long before you even got to Tiger.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, but nobody I've ever met has put Bobby Jones in the GOAT conversation. As for Jack or Tiger: [CONTENTEMBED=/t/2203/jack-or-tiger-whos-the-greatest-golfer layout=block][/CONTENTEMBED]

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiethismyhero

Tiger Woods is a great golfer but I don't know how anyone can say "arguably the greatest of all time." You'd have Bobby Jones and Jack Nicklaus long before you even got to Tiger.

This isn't the thread for this discussion, but nobody I've ever met has put Bobby Jones in the GOAT conversation.

As for Jack or Tiger:

it's not the first time for this poster that he has thrown saint bobby into the equation, and not the first time he's been asked to post those opinions in the "greatest golfer" thread...

it's safe to say he is not fond of tiger... :-P

I'd rather play with friends, not Tiger. I'm serious. I'm afraid his hideous swing would work it's way into my game. I have no desire to chunk, and/or shank chip shots. But pounding morning beers on the course with Spieth would be pretty cool.

I don't think his swing would look hideous up close. I think it would look amazing as would Spieth's. I would play with either. I would be more nervous around Woods though.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

This isn't the thread for this discussion, but nobody I've ever met has put Bobby Jones in the GOAT conversation.

As for Jack or Tiger:

You need to get out more. Every list of the greatest golfers of all time has Bobby Jones in the top five. Also, I was responding to another poster above.

As for the comments "he doesn't like Tiger" you might want to think about add "reading comprehension" to your do list for 2016 as I've already stated that Tiger is one of the greatest golfers of all time, just below Jack and Bobby. But don't let facts get in the way of a good attack.

Note: This thread is 3147 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!