IGNORED

My Swing (Dave325)

Dave325
Note: This thread is 1083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: Off and On for a long time... but only now seriously for 2 months.

My current handicap index or average score is: Way over +20

My typical ball flight is: Somewhat erratic, but more lean to the fade.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: hitting the ball off the toe or hosel.

To explain my profile above, I have played at golf (note the "at") since I was a teenager (many, many years ago... hehe)..... but never really studied the game and worked at until now. So, I really consider myself to be a newbie to the game (and a complete novice). But now.... I joined up with the Evolvr video analysis, bought a brand new set of clubs and signed up for a two year membership at a local course. I am not practicing a couple hours a day. I just got my first analysis back and it was excellent. Worked the tips into my game and it really made a BIG difference. I love this game now! (unlike before). Looking forward to more. Going to post my first video (once I figure out how to do it.

Regards,

Dave

Dave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This is a video of my swing with a 7-iron that I took this afternoon. Trying to focus on keeping my head still and use a stronger grip. Then, keeping the body centered and shoulder turn while doing a hip turn at follow through. I think I may be trying to focus on too many things at once. Any input is always welcome as I really want to get better at this game. I appreciate it. Thanks!

Regards,

Dave

Dave

This is a video of my swing with a 7-iron that I took this afternoon. Trying to focus on keeping my head still and use a stronger grip. Then, keeping the body centered and shoulder turn while doing a hip turn at follow through. I think I may be trying to focus on too many things at once. Any input is always welcome as I really want to get better at this game. I appreciate it. Thanks! Regards,  Dave

Keep working on the piece your instructor gave you. Sometimes getting more advice from others can confuse you. You've made improvement and that is what is most important.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

With a stronger grip it's essential to realize that it won't be effective at all unless your right hand for ''right handers'' is capable of hitting the ball. What I mean by this is take your grip then leave the right hand on and then take left off look at it and see if the fingers and palm can square the face if it's to far underneath you can't do either and your doomed. The grip always need to match whether it's a bit more neutral or stronger. If you wanna practice technicality hit balls 50% shorter than normal it works great go to the range hit some 7 irons 70 yards look at the flight and shot shape it will be the same for 70 or 170 it's identical.

Played 36 holes yesterday and had a great time. Focused on the two main tips from my first analysis... strong grip and keep a steady head. I was happy to see that I was striking the ball well for the most part. My irons were spot on with accuracy, though my driver was a bit erratic still. But I will just be patient with that part for now. Just received my second analysis tonight and looking forward to getting to practice on the next few items. I am starting to see now how the golf swing is yet complex, but made up of a lot of simple movements or steps. I wish I would have learned this 40 years ago (smile)... but this is so much more fun now. Regards, Dave :-D

Dave

Ok, back here again with a post.... working daily on my swing. Still working on keeping a steady head, hips forward and now standing a bit closer to the ball. I also found out that if try to keep both arms straight (not locked) as long as possible into the backswing (at least belt high)... and keep my hips moving forward.... I am making a much more crisper hit and more accurate shot. My divots are actually starting at the ball and moving forward. Divots?  Ah... there is something new that I never did. Love this new change... here is a look...

Regards,

Dave

Dave

• 2 months later...

Was that an image you tried to upload? Just drag the pic into where it says "Drag files here to attach".

• Upvote 1

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, mvmac said:

Was that an image you tried to upload? Just drag the pic into where it says "Drag files here to attach".

trying... it says that the limit is 4.8M.... the vid was too big. I looked at some of the other member and they appeared to use youtube.... so I am trying that now. I used to use the vimeo embedded file, but it doesn't appear to work as it used to. Any suggestions?

Got it now! thanks!

Here is my latest swing. I have been working on the weight forward and keeping a bent right elbow through impact. Any comments or suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by Dave325

Dave

On 12/1/2015, 1:11:55, Dave325 said:

trying... it says that the limit is 4.8M.... the vid was too big. I looked at some of the other member and they appeared to use youtube.... so I am trying that now. I used to use the vimeo embedded file, but it doesn't appear to work as it used to. Any suggestions?

Got it now! thanks!

Here is my latest swing. I have been working on the weight forward and keeping a bent right elbow through impact. Any comments or suggestion is much appreciated. Thanks!

IMO I think you should be focusing on the flat lead wrist at impact,you are very cupped in this video....also it is ok to hit low hooks when working on things,better than slices,but hitting low hooks for the right reason is important.I think your low hooks are for the wrong reason.

Edited by collapse

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, collapse said:

IMO I think you should be focusing on the flat lead wrist at impact,you are very cupped in this video....also it is ok to hit low hooks when working on things,better than slices,but hitting low hooks for the right reason is important.I think your low hooks are for the wrong reason.

I've come to pretty much accept that you can't really "focus on a flat lead wrist." I've said "Lag happens" and what I mean by that is that "inline impact" is just a result of other things being done properly and in the proper sequence. There's no real way to say "okay, on this one, I'm going to try to have a flat lead wrist" and make it so… not in a full golf swing.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

1 minute ago, iacas said:

I've come to pretty much accept that you can't really "focus on a flat lead wrist." I've said "Lag happens" and what I mean by that is that "inline impact" is just a result of other things being done properly and in the proper sequence. There's no real way to say "okay, on this one, I'm going to try to have a flat lead wrist" and make it so… not in a full golf swing.

well we both disagree and agree.....we disagree in that I think focusing on the flat wrist is possible,and we agree that it is a result of other things being done properly.

Note: I do not answer direct questions or points raised against my untested and unproven theories, have no history of teaching anyone, and post essentially the same nonsense in everyone's Member Swing threads.

2 hours ago, collapse said:

we disagree in that I think focusing on the flat wrist is possible

If that was possible then that's all most of us would need to focus on ;-)

Mike McLoughlin

4 minutes ago, mvmac said:

If that was possible then that's all most of us would need to focus on ;-)

Frankly,that should be keys 1,2,&3 IMO.

5 minutes ago, collapse said:

Frankly,that should be keys 1,2,&3 IMO.

And that would be kind of silly because it's not something you just decide to do or not do. As @iacas said, Key #3 is more of a result of other pieces that occur before impact. You can focus on a flat left wrist all you want but if you're not transferring your weight properly you've got no chance.

Mike McLoughlin

Just now, mvmac said:

And that would be kind of silly because it's not something you just decide to do or not. As @iacas said, Key #3 is more of a result of other pieces that occur before impact. You can focus on a flat left wrist all you want but if you're not transferring your weight properly you've got no chance.

ok...I'll leave it there...but I have a different opinion on that...thanks

Note: This thread is 1083 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!