IGNORED

less is turning out to be more

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well, lots more actually. Since i decided to start playing golf on a regular bassis and trying to improve ive become an eqmpt junkie. But recently a set of inexpensive wilson irons just fit my eye. They were a dicks sporting goods exclusive and just 199 so i demoed them. Ive played nike, callaway, and taylormade clubs before. All make great clubs but these wilsons have been the best clubs ive ever hit at any price from any company. I was so impressed i took a chance on a 59 dollar wilson driver and have really enjoyed it as well. Wilson staff golf balls are mostly 20 a dozen or less and i think they perform exceptionally well esp given the price. Id still be playing the 50 elite if i didnt struggle with a lower ball flight from time to time. They performed nearly as well as the tm project a i tried once but the wilsons are 12-14 bucks a box. WOW!!!! Reason i bring this up is its probably something a lot of more experienced golfers never think about. A lot of more experienced golfers head straight to ping, titleist, or one of the other heavy hitters and spend twice as much when they could have had equal maybe even better performance for half the price. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Maybe the Wilson's might have just fit you better, but it is probably Wilson doesn't have to jack up their price due to their endorsement deals.  Good equipment at low cost.  Like Top-Flite.

Indeed. The wilsons were a thinner sole cavity back compared to the bricks i was playing so they def fit me better. I just couldnt believe you could get that kind of performance out of a 200 dollar set of irons from wilson. It was a real eye opener.

My irons I got at goodwill for $12. They are ping eye 2 knockoffs and I love them. My whole bag with 14 clubs cost me $80 this year. Lol I'm also an equipment junkie but used and cheap ones for me. Picked up a Tom Watson adamsgolf gap wedge for $3 at the course I played last. Anxious to give it a try.
  1. LPGA Square Two Melody driver 
  2. Callaway Steelhead Plus 5 W
  3. Adamsgolf Idea 4i hybrid 
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  6. LH Golfsmith Tour Model IV PW
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW
  8. LH Ping Zing Magnesium Bronze

My irons I got at goodwill for $12. They are ping eye 2 knockoffs and I love them. My whole bag with 14 clubs cost me $80 this year. Lol I'm also an equipment junkie but used and cheap ones for me. Picked up a Tom Watson adamsgolf gap wedge for $3 at the course I played last. Anxious to give it a try.

A buddy of mine has the set of watson wedges, he likes them. And those second hand clubs are loads of fun. The thrill of finding a diamond in the rough is like no other. Found a sasquatch nike hybrid at play it again sports for 25 dollars. It didnt have a mark on it. But the whole ball of wax for under 100, that really is a steel.

Yeah, I'm having a blast club hunting. Buy a club at goodwill for $1.60 with my senior discount, try it out, keep or give to a buddy or use as a trade in at our play it again. Whatever they think they can sell it for they give you half toward a trade. Most irons go for $15 so I will get $7.50 for this ping I 3 with original ping graphite shaft and grip I just found. Mo money mo money mo money :-) well more trade in value anyway. Could make a killing on eBay if I had the ambition.
  4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW

I've picked up a few from goodwill. Found 9 sleeves of pro v1 balls for $9 brand new. Picked up a sand wedge that I love. Lost my 8 iron so had to get one of those. Yesterday I found a 10 that appears to be between my pw and sw. It was a ladies club, so I bought another club there for the shaft. Reshafted and it is in the bag. Spent a whole $10 on 3 clubs :)

I've picked up a few from goodwill. Found 9 sleeves of pro v1 balls for $9 brand new. Picked up a sand wedge that I love. Lost my 8 iron so had to get one of those. Yesterday I found a 10 that appears to be between my pw and sw. It was a ladies club, so I bought another club there for the shaft. Reshafted and it is in the bag. Spent a whole $10 on 3 clubs :)

Nice. One of the funnest things I do between rounds is go Goodwill Hunting.:-)

4. Answer 6 iron 
  5. Answer 8 iron 
  7. AdamsGolf GTxtreme LW

Note: This thread is 3145 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!