IGNORED

Whats the strangest thing you have ever seen on a golf course?

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 3028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My swing is the strangest thing ever on a golf course :-)

Driver - Cleveland Launcher XL270
3 Wood - Cleveland Launcher HT FL3W
Hybrid - Adams A12OS 4h
Irons -  Mizuno MP54 5i - Pitch
Wedges - Cleveland 588 Rotex
Putter - Rife Mr Beasley
Remember, P23 - V4 !!

[COLOR=181818]Why were they doing that?[/COLOR] [COLOR=181818]The 3-wheel cart was carrying clubs and was rolling downhill at a high speed.  The guy was chasing it at beyond his full speed.  The electric cart was trying to help but still not fast enough.  It all ended in a pile in the lower fairway.[/COLOR]

A friend of mine was driving our cart down a fairly steep fairway. There was a lot of dew that morning. We got going to fast and we couldn't stop. Just kept going faster. This cart was hauling ass down the slope and we both jumped like frogs out of the cart. The cart started tumbling end over end all the way to the bottom of the fairway (probably 100 yards). We were rolling down the fairway too. Clubs were strewn all over the fairway. Amazingly, none broke. The cart was a twisted wreck. The fiberglass body was scattered all over. The wheels were all bent askew. The fairway was pretty chewed up as well. We just pushed the cart into a nearby ravine and had to finish the round carrying our clubs! I hate carrying clubs! The statute of limitations has run out by now.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

A friend of mine was driving our cart down a fairly steep fairway. There was a lot of dew that morning. We got going to fast and we couldn't stop. Just kept going faster. This cart was hauling ass down the slope and we both jumped like frogs out of the cart. The cart started tumbling end over end all the way to the bottom of the fairway (probably 100 yards). We were rolling down the fairway too. Clubs were strewn all over the fairway. Amazingly, none broke. The cart was a twisted wreck. The fiberglass body was scattered all over. The wheels were all bent askew. The fairway was pretty chewed up as well. We just pushed the cart into a nearby ravine and had to finish the round carrying our clubs! I hate carrying clubs! The statute of limitations has run out by now.

I dont know the acronym.... But i could envision that one so well that i laughed til i cried. Theres a hole at one of my local courses that i could totally imagine that happening just as u described. Glad u guys and the clubs survived. Poor defenseless golf cart

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
So, I myself have one to add. This didnt entirely take place on the golf course but its HILARIOUS and strange so I thought id add it. Buddy and I book 7 am tee time at a local course and things went down hill pretty fast. Were standing in the lot at 635 and as he pulls his clubs out of the trunk, i hear him curse which is pretty rare, so i ask what? Whats wrong? He replies I spilled my coffee. Im like where and hes like in my trunk, so I say just wipe it up and lets go. He replies no, i dumped the whole 21 oz cup! Then he starts going on about how he forgot his hat, which turns out to be a real bummer, as he was getting in the cart after our approach on the sixth hole when he hits his head on the carts gps unit leaving a two inch gash in his forehead! Hes bleeding on his golf towel but mans up and insists we play on. We make the turn only to bump into the rear of a high school golf tourney that no one at golf now or the course mentioned! After a very polite tirade in the clubhouse we are issued rain checks. My buddy and I decide to take a last minute tee time at a course 20 min away and try again. Theres just over an hour til our next tee time so we stop for breakfast at a local fast food place. My buddy tells me hes going to follow me cus his phone is dying and he doesnt want to burn juice using his gps. 5 min later were on the road when we come to a red light camera intersection and the light turns at just that special time everyone who drives is familiar with, and i choose the brakes. I stop right on the line and think woo, that was close, when I hear squealing tires! I look in my rear view only to see my buddy with a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel and terror on his face! After the longest 3 seconds of my life, he rear ends me jacking up my rear bumper! We proceed to the course exchange insurance info and then proceed to shoot matching 105s on one of the easiest golf courses in all of North Texas!!!! Most expensive rounds ever for a couple of working stiffs like us. A total of four tee times for a total of 74.95 and him having to pay his 500 dollar deductible to fix the bumper on my brand new car. Strange, hilarious, and tragic, all rolled up into one golf outting!!

So, I myself have one to add. This didnt entirely take place on the golf course but its HILARIOUS and strange so I thought id add it. Buddy and I book 7 am tee time at a local course and things went down hill pretty fast. Were standing in the lot at 635 and as he pulls his clubs out of the trunk, i hear him curse which is pretty rare, so i ask what? Whats wrong? He replies I spilled my coffee. Im like where and hes like in my trunk, so I say just wipe it up and lets go. He replies no, i dumped the whole 21 oz cup! Then he starts going on about how he forgot his hat, which turns out to be a real bummer, as he was getting in the cart after our approach on the sixth hole when he hits his head on the carts gps unit leaving a two inch gash in his forehead! Hes bleeding on his golf towel but mans up and insists we play on. We make the turn only to bump into the rear of a high school golf tourney that no one at golf now or the course mentioned! After a very polite tirade in the clubhouse we are issued rain checks. My buddy and I decide to take a last minute tee time at a course 20 min away and try again. Theres just over an hour til our next tee time so we stop for breakfast at a local fast food place. My buddy tells me hes going to follow me cus his phone is dying and he doesnt want to burn juice using his gps. 5 min later were on the road when we come to a red light camera intersection and the light turns at just that special time everyone who drives is familiar with, and i choose the brakes. I stop right on the line and think woo, that was close, when I hear squealing tires! I look in my rear view only to see my buddy with a white knuckle grip on the steering wheel and terror on his face! After the longest 3 seconds of my life, he rear ends me jacking up my rear bumper! We proceed to the course exchange insurance info and then proceed to shoot matching 105s on one of the easiest golf courses in all of North Texas!!!! Most expensive rounds ever for a couple of working stiffs like us. A total of four tee times for a total of 74.95 and him having to pay his 500 dollar deductible to fix the bumper on my brand new car. Strange, hilarious, and tragic, all rolled up into one golf outting!!

Off topic but... I despise red light camera's with a passion. I really do believe they're primarily a money grab for municipalities.

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I didn't see this myself, so it's a technical violation, but it belongs here. My current home course has a historic and beautiful clubhouse that does a thriving wedding trade. At one recent reception, a guest (also a longstanding member) became severely over-refreshed. His "friends" stripped him buck naked and left him asleep under the snooker table in the games room, then departed. Upon arising in the early hours, with the premises locked up tight, our man's stagger towards the bathroom sets off the alarm system, which also alarms him considerably in his befuddled state. Attempting to escape, he throws a chair through the glass panel of the front door and takes off up the ninth hole into the night, only to be met by the responding Surrey Constabulary -- who open negotiations by macing him in the face. (This is traditional in England instead of simply shooting people dead, which I understand is the US default.) Anyway, blinded and enraged (and still naked), he manages to punch out one officer at which point the other plods -- assuming they are unobserved -- proceed to give him a proper kicking, breaking several ribs in the process. However, due to the scale of the ruckus, one of the resident groundskeepers has now come to see what the fuss is all about and become a rather inconvenient witness, so the upshot is that no one will be prosecuted and no coppers will be referred to the complaints board and if one were to want to remain a member then one would probably have to pay for the damn door and keep one's head down from now on.

Omfg....that's hilarious.... [quote name="RFKFREAK" url="/t/84316/whats-the-strangest-thing-you-have-ever-seen-on-a-golf-course/60#post_1204982"] Off topic but... I despise red light camera's with a passion. I really do believe they're primarily a money grab for municipalities.[/quote] "Camera's?" C'mon Broseph you know better....coming from me, a guy who usually disregards almost all grammar when typing on this forum....

Colin P.

I despise red light camera's with a passion. I really do believe they're primarily a money grab for municipalities.

Waze in my area is pretty good at showing where they are. ymmv

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

"Camera's?" C'mon Broseph you know better....coming from me, a guy who usually disregards almost all grammar when typing on this forum....

So, you're saying I should have waited until I got home to post rather than post from my phone on a crowded bus where my keyboard sometimes decides to write that which I didn't intend to write? :doh:

Or should I have spent some time on the aforementioned crowded bus making sure my post was perfect? :-\

Or, I suppose I could have texted you for a ride home and replied to the thread from the comfort of your sweet ride. :whistle:

Christian

:tmade::titleist:  :leupold:  :aimpoint: :gamegolf:

I think this counts! That's called a bad day.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

I would also guess that he still somewhat blames you for stopping so quickly at the light because he thought he was going to have to gun it through to keep up with you. That's no fun for friends.

So, you're saying I should have waited until I got home to post rather than post from my phone on a crowded bus where my keyboard sometimes decides to write that which I didn't intend to write? :doh: Or should I have spent some time on the aforementioned crowded bus making sure my post was perfect? :-\ Or, I suppose I could have texted you for a ride home and replied to the thread from the comfort of your sweet ride. :whistle:

You know my car seats are made out of virgin Himalayan yak hide....

Colin P.

I would also guess that he still somewhat blames you for stopping so quickly at the light because he thought he was going to have to gun it through to keep up with you. That's no fun for friends.

Lol!! He does indeed! But even friends three putt sometimes. So, we just gonna laugh it off and press on.

I was on a course and these two guys in a cart decided to drive between the green and the water hazard. There was only about a cart-width of space. So their tires were on the fringe and almost looked like they wanted to tip in the water.

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

I have some. First is playing Lpga had a storm move in and have a forest fire from a lightning strike 150yds away from us. Had a crow fly off with my cigs and left handed cigs from the cart. Got them back and he followed us for 2 more holes. And me winning my local money game the other week with a +3

My home golf course is about 10 miles from Arrowhead so we enjoy some impressive military jet flyovers.   They usually arrive well before kickoff and "stage" themselves by flying a few circles at least in part over the golf course and these are low passes.  I love the fighter jets, but the B2 Bombers are my favorite!!  bad azz aircraft!

I live about 40 miles from their home base, so we definitely see them from time to time and not just for flyovers.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Note: This thread is 3028 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!