IGNORED

Whats the strangest thing you have ever seen on a golf course?

stealthhwk
Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The strangest thing I remember seeing on a golf course was a couple of guys out with their own personal golf cart which had 10 inch speakers on the roof. This golfing duo were playing Led Zeppelin full volume as they began working their way around the course. It was short lived however when the course ranger came out and put an end to all that nonsense

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Big old bear at Nicklaus North in Whistler, was in no hurry to move along either.  I'll try to dig out a photo.  Pretty novel for a Kiwi, our biggest worries are getting dive-bombed by magpies in spring!

There's a course in south St Pete that has crows that will snatch your balls. Ouch!  I heard some ahole trained them with marshmallows.  They only grab your balls on a few holes on the back side.  And only white balls.  They will then stash them in the palm trees and the gutters along a condo (probably where the ahole lived).  They don't bother yellow balls, so that's what I play on the back. 

The first time I cam across the crow(s) was on a par four.  Two of us in our foursome were playing white balls and two were playing yellow balls.  All four of us hit the green in regulation.  When we got to the green, there were only 3 balls.  Then I saw a crow swoop down and snatch my ball.  Ignored the yellow balls.  Maybe it was because the were Srixons?  I was yelling and waving my putter like a wild man trying to get the crow.

So, if you're every playing Isla Del Sol in St Pete, bring yellow balls.

Driver.......Ping K15 9.5* stiff 3 wood.....Ping K15 16* stiff 5 wood.....Ping K15 19* stiff 4 Hybrid...Cleveland Gliderail 23* stiff 5 - PW......Pinhawk SL GW...........Tommy Armour 52* SW...........Tommy Armour 56* LW...........Tommy Armour 60* FW...........Diamond Tour 68* Putter.......Golfsmith Dyna Mite Ball..........Volvik Vista iV Green Bag..........Bennington Quiet Organizer Shoes.... ..Crocs

• 2 weeks later...

CTaMNFmUYAQ0rl_.jpg

Giddy-up golf cart!

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

WTF? How dangerous are kangaroos?

Fox steals headcover. Golfer wants it back.

9vGj0EV.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

On 10/29/2015, 9:03:58, possumkiwi said:

Big old bear at Nicklaus North in Whistler, was in no hurry to move along either.  I'll try to dig out a photo.  Pretty novel for a Kiwi, our biggest worries are getting dive-bombed by magpies in spring!

I saw a video on those, and all the funny helmets people wear to stop them from attacking, they are crazy!

17 minutes ago, nevets88 said:

WTF? How dangerous are kangaroos?

Fox steals headcover. Golfer wants it back.

9vGj0EV.jpg

There was a show called 72 most dangerous animals in Australia and Magpies and Kangaroos were featured.  One guy was jogging and was attacked by a kangaroo.  The kangaroo won, messed him up good, gashed him open with his claws.  They rear up and use their tail to help them and kick at you and then have claws and can do some serious damage.  Those guys were smart to run away from them, great video!

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is that a rock? What is the gator doing?

• Upvote 1

Steve

• 1 month later...

CYSjy9_WAAEk-qB.png

Steve

Guy taking photos of the golf course from a helicopter. Dude was flying so low at times (maybe only 30-40ft over the 17th green) he could have been easily lost a window to a golf ball.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Note: This thread is 3001 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!