IGNORED

TaylorMade introduces M1 driver, fairway woods, hybrids and PSi irons

boogielicious
Note: This thread is 3141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Really want to demo this one. Thanks for the write up.

Look for them on the shelf in early October. I think they said the 8th.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Cool thread. I'm definitely interested in looking at the M1.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Ugly. Wouldn't want to be looking down at that thing before starting my swing.

:callaway: Big Bertha Alpha 815 DBD  :bridgestone: TD-03 Putter   
:tmade: 300 Tour 3W                 :true_linkswear: Motion Shoes
:titleist: 585H Hybrid                       
:tmade: TP MC irons                 
:ping: Glide 54             
:ping: Glide 58
:cleveland: 588 RTX 62

Ugly. Wouldn't want to be looking down at that thing before starting my swing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/131894/] [/URL]

There's some truth behind that statement. . .

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

There's some truth behind that statement. . .

I sort of like it. Usually, your eyes go to the darkest color. But in the pic, my eyes go to the white, and the sweet spot is nicely marked. Yes, it's different, and you can't please everyone. We're all different, and that makes life more interesting.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

[QUOTE name="Lihu" url="/t/84395/taylormade-m1-and-psi-launch-event/18#post_1199025"] There's some truth behind that statement. . .[/QUOTE] [QUOTE name="SavvySwede" url="/t/84395/taylormade-m1-and-psi-launch-event/18#post_1199022"]   Ugly. Wouldn't want to be looking down at that thing before starting my swing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/131894/] [/URL] [/QUOTE] I sort of like it. Usually, your eyes go to the darkest color. But in the pic, my eyes go to the white, and the sweet spot is nicely marked. Yes, it's different, and you can't please everyone. We're all different, and that makes life more interesting.

They kind of look like "spats" or tap dancing shoes. I like the technology, but not so much the looks. Fortunate for Talormade that most golfers are not exactly fashionable. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Thanks for sharing, @boogielicious . Sounds like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to the M1 review. Don't remember if it was mentioned, but did you get a chance to hit the Psi irons? [quote name="SavvySwede" url="/t/84395/taylormade-m1-and-psi-launch-event#post_1199022"]Ugly. Wouldn't want to be looking down at that thing before starting my swing. [URL=http://thesandtrap.com/content/type/61/id/131894/] [/URL] [/quote]Ugh, yea. Taylormade has had a habit of messing with the graphics on top of their clubs for a while and I'm not a big fan. I don't care if the bottom of the driver or the back of the irons have fluorescent pink and sparkles all over the place, but give me a clean look at address please.

Bill

“By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest; Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.” - Confucius

My Swing Thread

Thanks for sharing, @boogielicious. Sounds like you had a great time. I'm looking forward to the M1 review.

Don't remember if it was mentioned, but did you get a chance to hit the Psi irons?

Quote:

Originally Posted by SavvySwede

Ugh, yea. Taylormade has had a habit of messing with the graphics on top of their clubs for a while and I'm not a big fan. I don't care if the bottom of the driver or the back of the irons have fluorescent pink and sparkles all over the place, but give me a clean look at address please.

We warmed up with them before hitting the driver. It felt really good at impact, quite similar to my AP2 irons. I haven't hit the RSi you reviewed so I can't compare, but others commented that the feel was excellent too.

Scott

My Swing Thread

High handicapper 3 months deep in my latest obsession after 25+ year hiatus(played for a few years as a kid mainly driving range).  Got my hands on this driver and just wanted to give it a go just to see how bad it was and I freaking loved it.  Hated all previous Taylormades that I got my hand on in particular the r15 and SLDR drivers.  Just didn't have a good positive feel with them, always had a harsh feeling to me.  Coming off a ping g30 SFTEC and absolutely loved the thing.  Felt completely different at impact than any other Taylormade and from my ping.  The ping always feels good at impact but my drives seemed to lose oomph as it goes to its peak height where the M1 seemed to keep driving through on decent.  More importantly though was how much more consistent my drives were in regards to  dispersion.  Nice thing was I was able to demo the GBB and my Ping back to back.  Started with the M1 and then the GBB and Ping and thought that maybe it was a fluke so I went back to the M1 and it was still good.  No launch monitor but felt and ball flight looked great (relatively for me). Went with the Fujikura Pro 60 which is a different shaft that the 63.  It's weird cause i felt like I had a lower ball flight on the Fujikura than I did with the Kurokage.  Regardless I don't really buy into hype or brand loyalty but when something feels good it feels good.  Take it as a grain of salt just my personal experience from a newbie hack =)

• Upvote 1

It would help them financially, TM has been losing a lot of money and market share lately and Callaway seems to be where most of the TM customers went to.

I like the look of the M1 driver, I also liked the R15.  I hit the R15 almost as well as the V Series so TM was headed in the right direction after the SLDR debacle.  They may have gotten it right with the M1.  The Aeroburner just looked like a JetSpeed and Burner model with a new paint job and a longer shaft.

SLDR debacle?  The aero burner doesn't look like the jets speed at all.The head is completely different  Jetspeed and burner both had a longer shaft.

that graph is a bit misleading. First its 2014- all of 2014 sales or the sales cycle, global or US?/  Keep in mind callaway a  few short years ago was selling +/- 1.6 billion, all companies, all products. Since then they have lost over 50% of those sales. They are sub 1 billion ( 800M+) Today Callaway sells mostly its own product and it can be found just about anywhere, with much of it off price. There was a general flushing of all diablo and razor product. They are not alone, but the point is there operational costs are way up....I would be curious to see what their profit margin looks like.

Below is one of the many interviews that Bowditch did at the event. I actually was eavesdropping on this one.

From David Dusek at golfweek.com

Scott

My Swing Thread

And by Christmas these clubs will all be old clubs with a new idea being announced for new clubs.

Also, we can pick one up used for 1/3 the price of a new one. . .

A little touch up paint can remove the crown marks. :-D

TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56

Note: This thread is 3141 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!